Moving my trigger?

I thought I read enough to know what I was doing, but now i'm not sure. I ordered a converted Tapco G2 FCGPGC1 trigger kit from Dinzag, I also have a Tapco T6 stock. Is the installation of the kit going to move the trigger forward? and if so, will I be able to use the T6 pistol grip?

Where am I in terms of compliance? I have a couple 20 round Promag magazines, can I legally use them? Can I legally use the gun at all without further modifications? I hadn't planned on doing much beyond trigger and stock, but could if I had to.

I thought I read enough to know what I was doing, but now i'm not sure. I ordered a converted Tapco G2 FCGPGC1 trigger kit from Dinzag, I also have a Tapco T6 stock. Is the installation of the kit going to move the trigger forward? and if so, will I be able to use the T6 pistol grip?

Where am I in terms of compliance? I have a couple 20 round Promag magazines, can I legally use them? Can I legally use the gun at all without further modifications? I hadn't planned on doing much beyond trigger and stock, but could if I had to.

The T6 pistol grip will not work without modding it first, It's designed for a FAL and not an AK.

A USA made mag counts as three parts, and so does a USA made FCG.

Adding a USA made butt stock counts as one.

That leaves you with seven foreign parts.

Once you add a pistol grip total parts count will be 15.

Ten or less foreign parts is what you want for 922 compliance.

YOu need to do some SEARCHING and reading. Start out in the 922r section. The tech section will be good too. you'll be alrite on compliance w/ur mags, if your trigger is installed.

Give the guy a break.

It's his first post on a new forum, and he may not know all the board features available to him.

We were all noobies once.:smoke:

YOu need to do some SEARCHING and reading. Start out in the 922r section. The tech section will be good too. you'll be alrite on compliance w/ur mags, if your trigger is installed.

Give the guy a break.

It's his first post on a new forum, and he may not know all the board features available to him.

Not bein a hole here. Just telling him to use his resources as they are very good. All anyone has to do is look, and if they don't find, then ask ?s

Give the guy a break.

Not bein a hole here. Just telling him to use his resources as they are very good. All anyone has to do is look, and if they don't find, then ask ?s

Isn't this one of you first post?

Maybe you should have searched before asking using your logic.

We all forget that we were all new at one time. :smoke:

Scatillac user_popup.png

• av-31195.jpg
  • Advanced Member
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png

• user_add.png
  • email_open.png
  • picture.png

• Group: Contributor

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:41 PM

looking for

Saiga 7.62x39 rifle with 20" Barrel IZ-133

Where should i go to buy one? MAA? or can anyone point me in the right direction? thank you.

Edited by Jetmech

Give the guy a break.

I agree with you Scatillac. It is good advice for anyone doing a first time conversion. Knowing which parts to replace with US made parts and how many are needed to comply is important information to have. I have read a lot of malicious posts meant to make people feel stupid but I didn't see that here. This forum has always been a good source of information and the people here are ussually good about looking out for the noobies so they don't unknowingly get themselves into trouble.

Not coming down on Jetmech either. Once you have seen enough Troll postings, you get a little sensitive to it.

Give the guy a break.

I agree with you Scatillac. It is good advice for anyone doing a first time conversion. Knowing which parts to replace with US made parts and how many are needed to comply is important information to have. I have read a lot of malicious posts meant to make people feel stupid but I didn't see that here. This forum has always been a good source of information and the people here are ussually good about looking out for the noobies so they don't unknowingly get themselves into trouble.

Not coming down on Jetmech either. Once you have seen enough Troll postings, you get a little sensitive to it.

I know what you mean,

I have seen a troll or two here myself recently.

Basically what folks are telling you here in answer to your question is that just buying the trigger parts by themselves wont move your trigger group forward. You have to do a bit of drilling and dremelling, and replace the parts,as well as painting some. It's not hard, though, I never did one before, and finished in about an hour, mainly because I was being extra careful. Look at the 'cross-conn video first, then go to the CSS site, and look at their conversion videos.

Another good one is the 'Stu-off road' conversion vid...Just google 'Saiga conversion', and many videos show up on step by step how to do it.

When folks on here talk about conversion, they are talking about moving the trigger group forward, to put the gun back into the original AK configuration. Saigas are imported with the trigger moved back for import laws, not for any good reason, so its fine to convert them back.

Buy a few more US made parts while you are at it, (check the 922 converter lists on this site) and you will be legal. If you live in CA, you would have to add a maglock and keep to 10-round mags, so the 20- round mags are a state by state answer.

Mine on the pic here is converted back, and legal in ca, The mag looks like a 30 round, but holds 10. We call them 10/30 mags. If you have any more questions, ask away, we are here to help.

post-22253-0-03639500-1302244281_thumb.jpg

Edited by icefire

I bought the T6 stock on Ebay, the seller (an ebay store, for what that's worth) claimed that it would fit a Saiga rifle. After buying it I read here that it would not. The truth is that it will if you attach the pistol grip to the stock instead of the receiver and use it without moving the trigger. I want to improve the trigger pull which will require moving the trigger, and I dont like the pistol grip that came with the T6 so I ordered a Hogue pistol grip. The T6 stock fits the gun fine so after installing the trigger it sounds like I should be good. I watched the videos and it looks like a pretty straight forward operation. I have done trigger work on pistols along with mods like crowning barrels and bobbing tails so I suspect i'll get through this.