extended magazine release

FWIW-I've found that a simple extension spot welded to the original works best for me (Matt@C&S did it to his gun and I liked the idea). All it takes is a poke with the finger, or you can rake your hand across it and strip the mag at the same time. Small, simple, cheap, and effective.

post-1866-0-79493600-1302367392_thumb.jpg

I have one and like it well enough. It is kind of long and if you don't get the magazine out when the latch releases you can keep pushing this thing and keep the mag from falling free. I guess that doesn't sound like it makes a lot of sense. Just push it so far and no farther and life is good.

I am gonna get one and try it out. I would like to try it also on other AK's. Does anyone know if it is compatible.

I don't see why not, I believe the mag releases are the same on all Saiga's.

Thank you, I am gonna grab a couple. Maybe one for a Draco too.

I am gonna get one and try it out. I would like to try it also on other AK's. Does anyone know if it is compatible.

I don't see why not, I believe the mag releases are the same on all Saiga's.

The S-12's mag release is different than my Saiga 308 and ather Ak's. The pin for my S-12 is signifigantly smaller than the others. It looks like this release may not work on other Saigas or AK's

+1 to Bridis. The instructions that mine came with made perfect sense 'till I had the thing in my hands for twenty minutes, gnashing my teeth, and swearing to God that if that spring didn't line up, the whole gun was going through the window... Watched the CSS video, and it was done in about one minute. I ordered my RAM S12XC from CSS, and I love it. I think the best part is watching people who've never used a Saiga try to figure it out.

I think Friday I'll be placing an order for two of them and that CSS quad rail. I going to get a Burris Fast Fire for it too I've been looking at several options and I thing the Fast Fire on that quad rail is the way to go. I can take it off and still use my irons.

After that my S-12 is ready all 22 inches of fixed full choke!

I think Friday I'll be placing an order for two of them and that CSS quad rail. I going to get a Burris Fast Fire for it too I've been looking at several options and I thing the Fast Fire on that quad rail is the way to go. I can take it off and still use my irons.

After that my S-12 is ready all 22 inches of fixed full choke!

Trust me when I say this, "You're never done". LOL!!!

• Like 1

The mag will drop free. I have the same ram extended release. With out a magwell installed they kinda backflip out but they do drop free just fine. With a magwell installed the drop out just like an ar15:

Would the magazines drop free like the AR15?

Thanks

JP

The mag will drop free. I have the same ram extended release. With out a magwell installed they kinda backflip out but they do drop free just fine. With a magwell installed the drop out just like an ar15:

Would the magazines drop free like the AR15?

Thanks

JP

Thank you sir.

• 4 weeks later...

Does this part in the OP change at all the way the mags/drums fit? It seems that it may, in at least SOME guns. Has anyone who has this part noticed any difference?

I did not fit ANY of my mags until I swapped the mag release out, just in case. However, the factory mag does not seem to fit any differently after the swap. YMMV.

S-12 mag releases are much larger and longer than a regular AK. You might be able to make that one work but it will take some time with a dremil. If you want an extended mag release for your regular AK get one of the ones that screw/tap onto the existing mag release. Or if you have a 5.56 AK you could just do a conversion to AR mag which is what I did.