So I was watching the news & an Anti-Gun group was holding a gun turn in where they were giving $50.00 gift certificates for those who wanted to dispose of "unwanted" guns...

So Pauly had an idea. :D

Six dollars for foam board, a marker & one big stick later & I was in business. :smoke:

GhettoGunshow0021024x768-1.jpg

An hour & $150.00 later I had;

GhettoGunshow003.jpg

One is a Remington Side by side 12-gage that's destine to be a coach gun :super: & one is a 9 shot JC-higgins .22 revolver. :up:

It was like saving dogs from the needle by adopting them from the pound.

When I showed up there were a bunch of other libertarians who had the same idea & we had a blast.

One guy scored a Hungarian PA-63, 870's were going for $100.00, long-guns galore too.

Most people attending were there for political reasons, but many were just getting rid of unwanted firearms.

It was a hell of a lot of fun & the mayor was pissed.

There was NO police harassment, being as most police really are pro-firearms & face to face sales are legal here. :super:

As we were saying among ourselves, a criminal would have to have some real big balls to stand in front of 10 cops & the mayor with a big sign offering cash for guns. :lolol:

There was one annoying anti-gunner who was trying to block our efforts but he was easily silenced.

When he kept sticking around at first, an old Korean war vet engaged him in a debate off to the side & that tied him up for a while.

People who argue their feelings against logic will always fail, but they always try to fight for a while.

When he came back around, I thanked him profusely for holding such a great gun sale & he got pissed & left. ^_^

This is hands down the most fun I've had all year!

Thank you anti-gunners! Your Ghetto-Gunshow was the best sale I've been to in years!!!! :super:

• Like 29
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I was watching the news & an Anti-Gun group was holding a gun turn in where they were giving $50.00 gift certificates for those who wanted to dispose of "unwanted" guns...   So Pauly had an i

FREEDOM comes from KNOWING the law & not just assuming that one does then limiting their own freedoms unnecessarily.   Have you ever studied your laws that you just quoted? Dollars to doughnuts

Thats all well and good but this thread is not gonna keep you from going to jail for illegal weapons possession, neither is being on the news. Not to be disrespectful but thats not very wise.   I ag

Posted Images

LOL Nice!! You can do FTF with handguns?

They had that here in Philly about 6 months ago. It was on tv. The police were displaying all the guns that were brought in. Lots of shotguns, old revolvers and a long barrel German Luger!! WTF!?!?! They could have taken it to a gun store or a pawn shop and got a hell of a lot more for it then the lousy $30

Edited by Arik

LOL Nice!! You can do FTF with handguns?

Yep. :D

Oregon's a good state for law abiding gun owners.

ETA;

I just can't get over how much fun that was.

It has all the excitement of a political rally, an auction, bartering for sales & meeting new people, all wrapped into one.

On second thought, I think I may just keep the side by side's barrel 30" for hunting.

The S-12 is already great for an 18" & I didn't have a bird hunting shotgun before today.

The .22 will be a great plinker & it's in great condition.

Thank you Lord.

Today has been a good day.

Edited by PauIy
  • Like 4

Man, that is fucking awesome!021.gif Gotta do that if they ever do a gun buyback here in NC.

I was thinking the same thing, They dont do that very often down here.

I would be somewhat worried about buying a stolen gun though, Thats kinda the point of those programs to get people to turn in there ILLEGAL guns.

• Like 2

Man, that is fucking awesome!021.gif Gotta do that if they ever do a gun buyback here in NC.

I was thinking the same thing, They dont do that very often down here.

I would be somewhat worried about buying a stolen gun though, Thats kinda the point of those programs to get people to turn in there ILLEGAL guns.

Nope, wrong.

The point of these is to spread propaganda and get news coverage of the organization so they can solicit donations to use to lobby against & take your gun rights.

If they really wanted to simply take unwanted guns off the streets, they would let us on the property & I wouldn't be standing out on the street with a sign.

Their money would go much further in the cause they state they're working for if they were telling the truth about their motivations.

They only have so many gift certificates to hand out, & they "ask no questions". I ask if the guns are legal before handing over the cash & my ass is covered by this thread & the fact that news cameras were recording me, so I'll be on the news later.

If ever asked where I got them, they're well documented.

People turn them in for many reasons.

If an old guy's wife develops alzheimers & he doesn't have a safe, he may not want a gun in the house just in case she wakes up confused thinking she's 20 years old & thinks he's an intruder in her bed because she doesn't recognize him. :eek:

I ask if they're legal.

Besides, who's going to chance selling a stolen gun in front of the police?

If they were unsure of the gun, they would give it to the police for $50.00 and have no risk.

This is an excerpt from their website;

http://www.ceasefireoregon.org/

Ceasefire Oregon would support a bill to ban assault weapons, and we urge you to also ask Congress to ban assault weapons.

New poll shows Americans want stronger gun laws. A new poll, taken Jan. 11–13, shows overwhelming support for several proposed laws to keep guns away from people who cannot lawfully own them. The poll shows that 86% of Americans, including 81% of gun owners, support requiring background checks for all gun sales. 94% of Americans favor requiring the reporting of lost and stolen weapons, a requirement that just took effect in Portland. 58 percent of Americans support the banning of high-capacity ammunition magazines, while only 36% oppose such a ban. For more information, see the Mayors Against Illegal Guns website or this article by one of the pollsters.

Ceasefire Oregon works to reduce gun violence by advocating reasonable, effective gun laws. We educate the public and legislators about gun violence, lobby on behalf of bills that will help make our communities safer, and work to prevent the passage of irresponsible bills proposed by the gun lobby.

About 30,000 people are killed by firearms in this country every year. More than twice as many are injured. This is a public health crisis of staggering proportions. Guns are too easily available to felons, fugitives, kids, and people with serious mental heath problems. To reduce gun violence, we must make it more difficult for people who cannot lawfully own guns to obtain them.

To find out more about our work and to help, please click the links above. Take action now to prevent future shootings.

These people are my enemy & I'll use my enemy to my advantage at every given opportunity.

All gun enthusiasts in every area should do what I & some other good people did today.

If we all turned "gun-turn-ins" into street-auctions for guns & networked & organized, the anti-gunners would see their buy-backs as counterproductive being as they would strengthen the firearms community.

Hell, I think I'll SBS the side by side to a 5" barrel & put Will's lepard gun to shame just so I can give Portland's ultra-liberal mayor a picture of it & thank him. :smoke:

• Like 2

Thats all well and good but this thread is not gonna keep you from going to jail for illegal weapons possession, neither is being on the news. Not to be disrespectful but thats not very wise.

I agree that the people behind these things are anti gun and their agenda is to take away our gun rights.

Just because you ASK if its legal and the person says YEAH doesn't mean its legal and I don't know about Oregon but here in NC police don't give a crap if you asked the guy before you bought it. Here its Poss. of an illegal weapon along with receiving stolen property. The worst part about all that is the felony you get by possessing a stolen firearm and now your no longer allowed to have ANY firearms.

That said I would still do it if they had a thing like that around here, I'd just be REAL CAREFUL what I bought. Better yet, Id see if the police would be willing to run the numbers for me first.

• Like 4

Thats all well and good but this thread is not gonna keep you from going to jail for illegal weapons possession, neither is being on the news. Not to be disrespectful but thats not very wise.

I agree that the people behind these things are anti gun and their agenda is to take away our gun rights.

Just because you ASK if its legal and the person says YEAH doesn't mean its legal and I don't know about Oregon but here in NC police don't give a crap if you asked the guy before you bought it. Here its Poss. of an illegal weapon along with receiving stolen property. The worst part about all that is the felony you get by possessing a stolen firearm and now your no longer allowed to have ANY firearms.

That said I would still do it if they had a thing like that around here, I'd just be REAL CAREFUL what I bought. Better yet, Id see if the police would be willing to run the numbers for me first.

FREEDOM comes from KNOWING the law & not just assuming that one does then limiting their own freedoms unnecessarily.

Have you ever studied your laws that you just quoted?

Dollars to doughnuts, they look a little something like this;

It is unlawful for any person knowingly or intentionally to possess, receive, retain, acquire or obtain possession or dispose of a stolen firearm or attempt to possess, receive, retain, acquire or obtain possession or dispose of a stolen firearm.

It is unlawful for any person knowingly or intentionally to sell, deliver or transfer a stolen firearm or attempt to sell, deliver or transfer a stolen firearm.

I'm not going to make laws for myself that don't exist or give up rights for no reason whatsoever.

Every right that we lose is our own fault for not fighting for it or not even knowing it was a right before we lose it.

Just because of how I acquired it, I've decided that I'm going to SBS this one down to about a 6" or so & purdy it up.

Maybe burn "Courtosy of Ceasefire Oregon" in the handle. :angel:

• Like 9

It's true that there are stolen firearms out there. But, I think criminals are more keen on keeping them than to turn them in at buy back program. It's pretty hard already for some one with a criminal record to obtain a weapon. So i don't think they will be so quick to get rid of it. just my two cents

BTW keep up the good work Pauly

Edited by grendelz

That is just PURE AWESOME Pauly. Nice way to pick up a few new weapons and make a statement at the same time :super:

As far as criminals showing up to these and turning in guns...not going to happen. They don't care if the weapons are stolen or not. Plus, they can get more for them on the street by selling them to some other hood rat

• Like 5

That is just PURE AWESOME Pauly. Nice way to pick up a few new weapons and make a statement at the same time :super:

As far as criminals showing up to these and turning in guns...not going to happen. They don't care if the weapons are stolen or not. Plus, they can get more for them on the street by selling them to some other hood rat

Exactly this!....

Criminals are not going to turn in some stolen gun for chump change. They will use it in a crime then ditch it because it cant be traced to them as easy. Or they will sell it knowing it is stolen to some one else that knows it is stolen for a lot more money because they are stupid like that and want to use it for bad.

The majority of people taking gun into these things are just blind to the facts and dont know what else to do with the guns. The programs take advantage of these people because of their lack of knowledge and understanding of the world. They are naive.

If these people wanted to get criminals and guns off the street they would be more smart about it and set up some kind of sting operation......Hell I dunno anything is better than a "gun turn in" no questions asked. Just the system trying to destroy what they deem evil. When in fact the items are not what is evil.

Edited by Chevyman097

Excellent work there Pauly.

However, I do have a piece of crap 22 revolver that I think I'll turn in next time they have an offer out. Once I get the cash I'll tell them it doesn't work anyway and I'll be using the money to help buy something that does.

• Like 1

You want to hear the funniest part though about the whole deal of buying guns from gun buybacks?

I've never heard so many police officers laughing as when researching Friday & buying Saturday.

I called the Sheriff's office & the Portland Police & was shuffled around at each because nobody had a definitive answer.

Every time I told every new person what I intended on doing to see if they thought I might have a problem the person would laugh or at least chuckle.

Some of the officers were even laughing as we pitched the gun sellers.

I had to get old-school & pitch like an old fashioned street vendor, because the mayor asked us to stay out of the parking lot that it was being held in. Granted we don't think he had the legal justification for doing so, but didn't know for sure & wanted to buy guns, not argue, so we obliged.

I came up with some great pitches.

I'd bellow "TOP DOLLAR FOR PISTOLS! COME ON OVER! INSTANT SERVICE! WHY STAND IN LINE, WE'LL PAY YOU MORE!"

The fellow gun buyers were smiling or laughing, as were the people who were still going to turn in guns & the police.

The only ones not smiling were the mayor (who's a joke in the eyes of PPB) & the anti-gunners.

It was great to expect opposition & hostility when I thought about it but instead experience a light hearted mood from all those but the anti-gunners, who are an uptight bunch to begin with.

I'll forever cherish these 2 firearms & I'm going to make the SxS a work of art, just to remember my first ever Ghetto-Gunshow.

It's going 18" real soon, then becoming an SBS as soon as I get the stamp.

This one is going to be pretty.

• Like 3

Not looking to get into an internet flame ware here, so nevermind

Grassroots guerrilla political action isn't for everybody.

ETA;

No need to get annoyed with the red marks.

They really don't mean anything.

I +'ed you to make them go away.

Edited by PauIy

Im not mad at all. I dont like how you imply that I somehow dont mind bending over and taking it from the govt. oppressors b/c I dont have the will or inclination to fight them however! You are way off base in that assumption.

I have done the research, I have read up on my state laws. I said Im not lookn them up for you b/c its irrelevant, I didnt say I dont care about the Unjust laws that im subject to.

I would seriously like to challenge NC's permit law as Unconstitutional b/c it is!! (I cant get a purchase permit here even though i can legally own a pistol and can still buy rifles) But just b/c I have the Inclination doesnt mean I have the Money or the Time!:cryss:

Do to a misguided youth, I have had WAY more run ins with the law than probably most people here, Its a wonder I can even own a gun and ive learned alot from my experiences with the police and court system here. That amounts to pretty much the Police do what the hell they want.

Thats interesting about sueing the county, Ive looked into expunging records in NC and basically you get 1, you can get more than 1 if the charges accured within a 12 month period. but expungements are fairly limited here. What extactly would one sue the county for???

• Like 1

this is great!

did you get on the news?

Kind of.

They showed my sign, but didn't show myself, or any of the younger "hipster" looking crowd.

KGW called us "protesters" being as they didn't want to give anyone ideas even though all the signs offered cash for guns & nobody was protesting then they showed some of the guys that were dressed in attire more often seen in rural areas of the state on people that look just came in from working on the farm or wearing woodland cammo hats & such.

It's a way they can keep political opinions divided & continue the US vs THEM game.

They don't want Portlanders to know that pro-gun people are among them, look like them, & dress like them too, so they try to portray everyone as the "red-neck" crowd to attempt to spin the story.

Multnomah county swings almost every election in my state, so the liberals like to try to portray gun owners as "those people".

Any time there's an issue that the Portland media covers that's even remotely political, they interview or show only the most nicely dressed & well spoken individuals to voice support for the liberal side, then they find the most casually dressed, and often toothless or homeless looking person they can find to voice support for the conservative side.

This way they can claim to be impartial while spinning the story against the conservative side.

ETA;

Thats interesting about sueing the county, Ive looked into expunging records in NC and basically you get 1, you can get more than 1 if the charges accured within a 12 month period. but expungements are fairly limited here. What extactly would one sue the county for???

If you were charged & found innocent, but the charge alone is impeding your rights, that's wrong.

You would research the law & file suite (sue) against the county or locality that has it on your record to have it removed.

If your research is good & you are correct, the judge should order the county to expunge, however, YOUR laws may vary.

I don't know your specific situation though & the words in your pistol permit law reading that the Sheriff has the liberty of determining "good moral character" may screw you depending on what you have in your past.

In my state the sheriff doesn't have that liberty.

If you're not down for a lot of long boring reads, finding loopholes & filing many motions from many differing angles, including having stuff dismissed because they don't bring your accuser to the proceedings, then you're stuck paying a lawyer.

Like I said, Grassroots guerrilla political action isn't for everybody.

It takes a bit of time, a hell of a lot of research & the ability to catch the other side off guard.

I don't want to seem arrogant, but I'm rather talented with things, whereas many I meet are not.

Edited by PauIy
  • Like 1