how does one find out where these buy backs are?

I heard about it on the local news/internet and then connected with a group of local guys through a local forum, it is kind of nice with strength in numbers. We decided that we would just bid it up free market style if something good came in. I was extremely lucky at this one and I would imagine it is kind of like fishing.

It is worth a try if you know of one and have the time, just like any auction type event, bring lots of cash! I wasn't going to let the MAK go.

I will post pictures of my other buy a little bit later tonight.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I was watching the news & an Anti-Gun group was holding a gun turn in where they were giving $50.00 gift certificates for those who wanted to dispose of "unwanted" guns...   So Pauly had an i

FREEDOM comes from KNOWING the law & not just assuming that one does then limiting their own freedoms unnecessarily.   Have you ever studied your laws that you just quoted? Dollars to doughnuts

Thats all well and good but this thread is not gonna keep you from going to jail for illegal weapons possession, neither is being on the news. Not to be disrespectful but thats not very wise.   I ag

Posted Images

Have you torn the stock off the MAK to check if it is angle or straight cut receiver yet? First thing I had done when I got mine back home

I think the pistol grip screw was "peened" on there, so I couldn't quite get the stock off and then ran out of time, it is stored at a family member's house, so I won't be able to answer that right away, but I did try!

Here is the other great buy I made. This guy just drove by and saw our cash for guns sign and stopped to talk to us, he had recently lost his job and had 2 guns to sell. He was not there for the gun buyback and wouldn't have sold them back for the $100, he just saw our signs and stopped. He went back home and brought this S&W model 5946 9mm and a Mossberg pistol grip 12 ga back. I paid $180 for the S&W and some other guy bought the 12 for $200. Here in Michigan that Mossberg is actually considered a pistol so it could be loaded in your car or concealed in a trench coat if you had a CPL! I thought about "bidding on that 12 ga but was happy to be filling out the paper work on the Smith!

post-35031-0-68178000-1345437035_thumb.jpg

Hogue grips and 2 mags, inside the case there was a price sticker of $395 from the local gun shop that he bought it from. I felt bad for the guy but was honest with him and wasn't looking for another 9mm but said I would be a buyer at $180 and he said "let's do it" so I guess I helped him out!

Edited by HOG76
  • Like 1

I really envy you guys right now. I need to get out of this dictator state of California. I can't person to person buy and what ever guns I can buy are marked up because they are modded "ca" legal. BS. That just means they took a factory mag out and downsized it to a 10 rounder.

I think the pistol grip screw was "peened" on there, so I couldn't quite get the stock off and then ran out of time, it is stored at a family member's house, so I won't be able to answer that right away, but I did try!

I swear its like Christmas morning pulling one of them stocks off. You know your either getting the BB gun or a pink bunny outfit haha

• Like 1

Our wonderful libtard Lansing mayor was on the news tonight saying he can't wait to do it again.......

neither can I....011.gif

This turd just uses this for a photo op, he drove up in his Chevy Volt, watched all the man power of the cops being wasted along with 10 grand cash to buy back mostly rusty pieces of shit or sporterized WW2 rifles.

Maybe, just maybe, if those cops were out on the streets they might actually have removed a dangerous person from the streets, instead of rusty junk out of gun collectors basements.

Oh well, I guess it's all about perception and emotions when you are a libtard, facts and reality are not important.

I do want to give the Lansing police chief credit as she was very cool, there was only one douche bag cop who tried to tell us it was illegal to buy guns, some of the cops were smiling and you could tell they knew what was going on.

Edited by HOG76

A guy was driving in and we gave him the pitch, "we have cash, we are paying more than they are". His response was, "it's a rusty piece of shit!", he gave us a big smile and a thumbs up and drove in. Here is a picture of that gun,

post-35031-0-38613100-1345523424_thumb.jpg

Thank God this is off the street! Classic example of a "feel good" libtard program021.gif

• 4 months later...

Wow, with all of the bullshit we are dealing with, I think we all could use some good news. I have no idea how I missed this the first time through, but boy am I happy I did find it. I don't want anyone else to miss it either.Thank you Pauly, and I am looking forward to the "err err, this is a zombie thread, errr errr" memes.

• 2 months later...

Too bad Pauly's probably done the paperwork already on that SBS. I got a good canidate for a sawed off. An old 1917 Ithaca 16 ga SBS with a pitted bore. You could get about 6-8" past the chamber before the pits begin. It'd make a nice little wippet!

That is #^$%#@* Awesome and I LOVE the suit, you look like "Mr Rogers" with that on (no offense intended actually I believe Mr Rogers had been a sniper with something like 32 confirmed kills). Just NOT at all the image that the average Liberal has of a gun owner. They like to picture us as a bunch of inbred, uneducated, drunken rednecks that " just wanna keel somthun"