Bets buy Red Dot for AK's?

Howdy Folks,

I just finished up my build of the S-762-39 yesterday, and have the nice Saiga issue mount for the weapon...now I need optics.. I have a cheapass3-9X40, but would like to go with something red-dot. problem is, most red dots I know of are 30mm tubes..I need an inch tube red dot scope, for around the 100-150$ mark. any suggestions?

-Bravo 26

Do a search for "New Century Red Dot". I just got one for the wife's 22 and I think it's worth the $16 shipped off eBay to see if it will work for you. The guy I bought from sells paintbal stuff, but it fits a 3/8" weaver rail. I like it because you can keep both eyes open making it perfect for advancing or clearing an area. I'm considering maybe getting one for the Mak 90. The only worry is if it is built well enought to handle the recoil of 7.62 without loosing zero.

Do a search for "New Century Red Dot". I just got one for the wife's 22 and I think it's worth the $16 shipped off eBay to see if it will work for you. The guy I bought from sells paintbal stuff, but it fits a 3/8" weaver rail. I like it because you can keep both eyes open making it perfect for advancing or clearing an area. I'm considering maybe getting one for the Mak 90. The only worry is if it is built well enought to handle the recoil of 7.62 without loosing zero.

Sweet. for under 20$ I can afford to try it...and if it dont work that well, I'll mount it on my airsoft rifle... :killer:

I put a Hakko Mk III Bed-35 four reticule red dot on my 7.62 like in the picture below. I like it alot. Cost is $155-$160. Large clean crosshairs compared to my BEC that costs about $60 and has a military style three post red dot.

http://www.outdoorhaven.com/hakmkibedpan.html

I just won this on ebay for 20.50 shipped!!!!

That is a good price. CDNN is "liquidating" $3,000,000 worth of Simmons scopes and red dots. I expect to see some good prices as a result. That was in their latest mail catalog.

Wolverine :smoke:

• 4 weeks later...

It is a high rise so you can still see the open sights. Iam thinking it is aluminum (really light weight) and for 20 bucks beats the hell out of belarus mounts that go for $50 and adds 1 1/2 pounds to the rifle. Only complaint is locking lever has to be loosend before mounting it and tightend with a hex key after securing it into place. Otherwise a best buy for optical mounting for Saigas <I heart AIM>

• 2 weeks later...

Dunham's Sports just received a BSA-labeled multi-reticle that looks absolutely identical to the Hakko MkIII Bed35. I just got to play with one yesterday and I was very impressed. Four reticles, very crisp, just like you described. They are priced at $79.99. I haven't seen a Hakko first hand, but I'd be shocked if this isn't the exact same optic sold under a different label. I intend to throw one on top of my converted .223 once I get a stock I like on it. It should be a sweet close quarters optic.

I bought this before the scope. Works fantasic looks sleek (tired of my psop)

www.aimsurplus.com $ 19.95

Nice looking inexpensive mount...cranks on like the Leapers one (probably chinese, as well).

That mount, or one of the Belarus BP-01 mounts (more like $40) is the way to go because you can upgrade/replace the LED reflex ("red dot") sights as you choose.

718e3b7d.jpg

BP-01 sitting on my 5.45 Rom, topped with a el cheapo BSA RD 30 (works great).

Lollygagger :unsure:

Edited by lollygagger

I had a BSA, but couldn't see the dot during the day, it was pretty much useless. Now I have a Bushnell Sportsman 72-0130 1x23 red dot. reall nice, comes with an extension tube, and a filter for really bright days, though i havent needed it yet. Pretty pleased.

3.jpg

Edited by SaigaShooter
I had a BSA, but couldn't see the dot during the day, it was pretty much useless.

Strange that you say that...

I've got 3 BSA units -all 30mm jobs that seem identical, but each one has a DIFFERENT tint/degree of being mirrored. They go from damn blue/green to sorta blue/green -to almost tintless.

Otherwise identical, they vary greatly in this area. I did get them over a long period of time, so (maybe?) they've gone thru changes?

Strange.

Lollygagger :unsure: