Ak74 Circle 10 mags fit real tight

I'm trying to wrap up my conversion but the only 30rd mag I have is a Circle10 Ak74 mag. It fits real tight. Does anyone else have this problem or is there somethign I have to do to these mags? I got 2 tapcos coming in the mail just to get and I'll try those but mag changes the way it is now will be slow and tough. Anyway let me know if you have a solution. I wanna post pics soon lol.

The Bulgarian poly mags are just a hair wider and thicker front-to-back than metal mags and some of the other poly mags out there.

I've never had any side-to-side fit issues, if anything they reduce wobble. But front-to-back certain mags fail to lock in easily. I've found they catch in three places:

1) the lips catch on the receiver at the rear of the mag, on either side of the mag catch

2) the "ramp" above the mag catch lug on the mag, which keeps it from locking in or being very tight

3) the indentation on the front of the mag below the lug

The first will be very obvious when it hangs, and enough inserting will wear the rear of the lips down enough where they clear easily. Otherwise, take a dremel and slightly lengthen the corners of the magwell at the rear.

The second and third will keep the mag from locking in completely, or releasing easily. Insert the mag and pay very close attention to where it's hanging, you should also notice wear on the mag where it drags.

In general, you want to figure out if the issue is the mag, or the magwell. Modify the gun and not the mag if the latter, but the only way to verify spec is to have several mags and at least two rifles. In cases where I know it's a particular magwell, I will very slowly take material off of the magwell and plate at the rear until there is enough clearance.

Otherwise, you can file a bit of material off the front (below the lug) and back (above the lug) on the mag.

Edited by rob-cubed
  • Like 1

Grind the underside (with a dremel) of the red circle I highlighted in the picture. Keep fitting the mag and grind off accordingly. I had the exact same problem and did this modification... all mags work flawlessly.

Please don't use a dremel to remove material from the mag.

Use a file please, yes its slower. But at least you won't go all hog happy and remove too much material. Once its gone you can't put it back.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm going to wait til my bullet guide from Dinzag comes in then I will alter my mags. Since I posted this I got a circle 21 brown mag from my brother and 2 tapcos nin the mail from midway. The circle 21 fits extremely well and the tapcos fit well but with a little side to side wobble. Again thanks for all the responses