So I went to the FT. Lauderdale Gun Show yesterday and was shocked by the prices for SAIGA 12's. First there wasn't one new "unconverted" SAIGA to be found in the entire show. There were 2 NIB converted units that were going for $1200 and $1400 respectively. These were very basic conversions using hogue pistol grips, kvar nato stocks and tapco FCG. Every dealer I asked told me when they get them in, the price will be at least $800 for the standard 19" barrel unit.

There was also a "Tromix" SBR unit that they wanted 4k for...I don't know enough about these to know if it was real or fake, but 4k seems a bit high regardless of the shortage.

I guess I am glad I got mine for $480 last year, but I wish I would have purchased two more to re-sell and recover the money I have in my gun with the conversion and extra accessories and maybe one for parts...

Does anyone think they will ever come back down in price?

Here's the latest picture of my SAIGA, just waiting to find a nice set of sights or even a nice red/green dot optic and a VFG with light.

post-25287-0-44733500-1302451869_thumb.jpg

So I went to the FT. Lauderdale Gun Show yesterday and was shocked by the prices for SAIGA 12's. First there wasn't one new "unconverted" SAIGA to be found in the entire show. There were 2 NIB converted units that were going for $1200 and $1400 respectively. These were very basic conversions using hogue pistol grips, kvar nato stocks and tapco FCG. Every dealer I asked told me when they get them in, the price will be at least $800 for the standard 19" barrel unit.

There was also a "Tromix" SBR unit that they wanted 4k for...I don't know enough about these to know if it was real or fake, but 4k seems a bit high regardless of the shortage.

I guess I am glad I got mine for $480 last year, but I wish I would have purchased two more to re-sell and recover the money I have in my gun with the conversion and extra accessories and maybe one for parts...

Does anyone think they will ever come back down in price?

Here's the latest picture of my SAIGA, just waiting to find a nice set of sights or even a nice red/green dot optic and a VFG with light.

yes, one of the new importers is showing the s12 msrp is $599

Hell, there are 3 tromix 8" conversions on GB for $2500 and I thought they here high but $4K "F" that. There also a original S-12c with the barrel hacksawed down to 11" for $4K on GB. I went to a gunshow in Washington, PA yesterday and one seller wanted $799 for WASR 10's underfolders and I.O.inc AK-47's and $729 for a fixedstock WASR 10. Well me being the people person that I am I felt the need to make some comments that he was not to happy about. I just can't stand people tring to price gouge and feel it is my civic duty to piss them off and exspose they foe what they are doing. The rest of the sellers they were fairly priced $379-$420 for a saiga rifle and everything else was on par for a gunshow.

As for the S-12 prices "IF" nothing happens with the study and everything is still allowed to be imported the price is going to be between $599-$699 from now on I think. Last time there was a scarethe price went up from $350 to $500 and after everything settled down the price stayed around $500 and there is a thread on here that Mike D started stating the russian are raising there prices because of the high demand for them in this country. So the days of $500 S-12's are gone I fear just like the days of $350 S-12's died several years ago. God I hope I am wrong!!!!!!.:cryss:

Edited by SCHULTZE

I've already said I believe the days of sub $700 saigas are gone.

I feel blessed to have bought my last one at $650.

I don't believe they are totaly gone yet. We will still be able to get them in one form or another, but between problems at the factory, import, and raised demand from the ATF scare and Sons of Guns...

Well its just supply and demand...

They used to sell for $250...

I've already said I believe the days of sub $700 saigas are gone.

I feel blessed to have bought my last one at $650.

I don't believe they are totaly gone yet. We will still be able to get them in one form or another, but between problems at the factory, import, and raised demand from the ATF scare and Sons of Guns...

Well its just supply and demand...

They used to sell for $250...

Well at least I am not the only one with the feeling that sons of guns help a little with the recent shortage of S-12's kind of like harleys and American chopper.I can't be mad at Will for getting paid any of us would be doing the same thing he is if we could I am just upset that our little world got exposed to the masses and now it is slipping thru our fingers well at least I got in before all the new idiots did I just wish I would have gotten in back in 04 I could of had so much more.

Well at least I am not the only one with the feeling that sons of guns help a little with the recent shortage of S-12's kind of like harleys and American chopper.I can't be mad at Will for getting paid any of us would be doing the same thing he is if we could I am just upset that our little world got exposed to the masses and now it is slipping thru our fingers well at least I got in before all the new idiots did I just wish I would have gotten in back in 04 I could of had so much more.

Oh I don't blame anyone, nor am I mad. Something this good isn't going to stay hidden forever.

Really it all started out with the gun being embraced by the aftermarket. Thats where the price increases started.

Its just that we simply are more publicly known now is all. That can be a GREAT thing. It could bring even more inovation our way.

But the more you are known, and the more you have that can be desirable, the more price will increase.

Its just a natural progression we are finaly seeing come to fruition.

If it keeps up like this we may see it become feasable for a american company to make a Mag fed semiauto.

Thats just what happens when contracts change hands. The manufacturer settled for a larger deal from an importer that probably offered more money, therefore the price is higher because the importer also has to make money. As do the ruskies. Bottom line, the Saiga 12s arent banned, you can all relax. You just have to pay more for one. Thats the name of the game. Still cheaper than buying a 5000 dollar browning that only holds 1 or 2 shells. Im willing to pay 2-3 hundred over last few months price for a saiga rather than 5k for a browning or benalli.

But thats just my opinion.

Went to the Dayton(Hara Arena) Gun Show this weekend. I saw a S12 there for just $599. If I'd of had the cash I would have bought it and saved $50-60. Did get a Promag 12rd mini-drum for Thrasher though. Should just work out. Now to finish his rebuild, lol.

Uhmmm.... I'm passionate, but cheap. That's why I just bought a Vietnamese ripoff for 89.97. Other than the chrome lining in the barrel looking (and acting) suspiciously like silver spray paint, the only thing I've found wrong so far is a slight misspelling of the name. Saigon Gon. I can't help but wonder if this was intentional. Inscrutable, these Asians.....

Uhmmm.... I'm passionate, but cheap. That's why I just bought a Vietnamese ripoff for 89.97. Other than the chrome lining in the barrel looking (and acting) suspiciously like silver spray paint, the only thing I've found wrong so far is a slight misspelling of the name. Saigon Gon. I can't help but wonder if this was intentional. Inscrutable, these Asians.....

Pictures????

:smoke:

Pictures????

:smoke:

You got me there. Actually a lame joke to call a Saiga a Saigon.