Cadiz installed LRBHO Review

I received my S12 back from CGW after they installed the LRBHO and got it to the range today. It ran with no issues using Izzy 5s, Keep Shooting 5s, Surefire 12s and AGP 10s. After seeing that it worked well with rock and lock mags I put my JT Engineering magwell back on and tried AGP 10s, a Promag 10 and a Surefire 8. The Promag and Surefire had too much material removed off the front and the added pressure from the LRBHO caused the rounds to nosedive into the bottom of the chamber. The AGPs ran great with only a few FTF. I may add a little jb weld to the front of each to ensure the feed angle is oriented up a little more towards the barrel in order to negate the chances of a FTF. I fired a total of 175 rounds of Federal 1 1/8 oz 7.5 birdshot and the bolt locked back after each mag was empty and the only feed issues were caused by the use of the magwell and modded mags. With standard rock and locks it was 100%.

All in all this was well worth the wait and the price for install and return shipping was worth it to me as I don't have access to a mill and getting it back already running without any issues was worth the money and time saved.

Eric

Edited by towerofpower93
  • Like 1

I received my S12 back from CGW after they installed the LRBHO and got it to the range today. It ran with no issues using Izzy 5s, Keep Shooting 5s, Surefire 12s and AGP 10s. After seeing that it worked well with rock and lock mags I put my JTEngimeering magwell back on and tried AGP 10s, a Promag 10 and a Surefire 8. The Promag and Surefire had too much material removed off the front and the added pressure from the LRBHO caused the rounds to nosedive into the bottom of the chamber. The AGPs ran great with only a few FTF. I may add a little jb weld to the front of each to ensure the feed angle is oriented up a little more towards the barrel in order to negate the chances of a FTF. I fired a total of 175 rounds of Federal 1 1/8 oz 7.5 birdshot and the bolt locked back after each mag was empty and the only feed issues were caused by the use of the magwell and modded mags. With standard rock and locks it was 100%.

All in all this was well worth the wait and the price for install and return shipping was worth it to me as I don't have access to a mill and getting it back already running without any issues was worth the money and time saved.

Eric

JB Weld works at fixing mags that have too much material removed.