MD Arms Booster Puck VS. Factory Puck Bulk Ammo Test

What internal modifications have you done?

I had a glassbolt done by Pauly on my bolt and carrier and I also rounded off and polished the rough angles on my hammer.

Yep, that would drive me nuts too.

Maybe a tall G2 hammer causing a lot of that.

Or it could be the quad rail.

My G2 FCG was already modified before I bought it from CSS.

It's funny you mention the quad rail because this was the first time I've used it. Could it really cause issues?

The weird shit is I shot close to 1000 rounds of Federal bulk over the winter with very few FTE's, when I was using just the tri-rail.

If the top rail is blocking the gas block vent that could cause you problems.

Thanks, I did some searching and I'm pretty confident this is the problem.

I checked it out and my vent hole is completely covered up by the quad rail. I'll have to drill a hole in through the side of the rail in order to let the vent breathe.

I'll be back with pictures.

There's a notable difference in cycling, in your video.

The gun just isn't quite there, but it certainly was performing better with the booster puck. Can't really expect that to magically open your ports and account for any other issues with the gun.

It did a lot better. Your gun is still just undergassed. Mine can't do winchester AA from the hip with the booster puck. With the factory puck it was a bolt action even being fired from the shoulder. Can fire winchester AA from the shoulder with the booster puck, no problem.

The gun just isn't quite there, but it certainly was performing better with the booster puck. Can't really expect that to magically open your ports and account for any other issues with the gun.

It did a lot better. Your gun is still just undergassed. Mine can't do winchester AA from the hip with the booster puck. With the factory puck it was a bolt action even being fired from the shoulder. Can fire winchester AA from the shoulder with the booster puck, no problem.

Yeah the booster puck did made a difference even though it still wasn't performing half as good as it did when I had just the tri rail on there.

I'm gonna have to do a new test on friday and another video. With this new mod to the quad rail and the V plug I'm confident I'll get some better results.

Also I wasn't expecting magic but at the low price with the positive reviews and Mike D's garantee that it would allow me to hip fire I figured it was worth a shot.

Anyway here's what I did, hopefully it works :smoke:

dscf0274q.jpg

dscf0276m.jpg

dscf0278p.jpg

dscf0279f.jpg

The top rail can also put pressure on the gas tube and cause the op rod to bind up.

I understand this could be the case with other rails, but I'm using a Chaos top rail which bolts directly to the tri rail and makes zero contact with the gas tube.

Yeah the booster puck did made a difference even though it still wasn't performing half as good as it did when I had just the tri rail on there.

I'm gonna have to do a new test on friday and another video. With this new mod to the quad rail and the V plug I'm confident I'll get some better results.

Also I wasn't expecting magic but at the low price with the positive reviews and Mike D's garantee that it would allow me to hip fire I figured it was worth a shot.

Anyway here's what I did, hopefully it works :smoke:

dscf0274q.jpg

dscf0276m.jpg

dscf0278p.jpg

dscf0279f.jpg

I tried that on my Chaos extended quad and it did not fix my FTE issue. I did notice that the top of the quad rail was hitting the top of the gun where the rear sight was, I have since removed some material from inside of the rail so it does not make contact but have not had a chance to see if this made any difference.

Sorry to hear that G30, I hope I have better luck.. regardless of the outcome I'm gonna try and do these two mods over the weekend:

File the extractor slot: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/51368-extractor-slot-fix/page__p__480426#entry480426

Make the D-shaped hole and open my ports to .093: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/33836-modification-to-repair-fte-issues-on-saigas-with-blocked-gas-ports/

I don't think there's much else I can do after that

:smoke:

Sorry to hear that G30, I hope I have better luck.. regardless of the outcome I'm gonna try and do these two mods over the weekend:

File the extractor slot: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/51368-extractor-slot-fix/page__p__480426#entry480426

Make the D-shaped hole and open my ports to .093: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/33836-modification-to-repair-fte-issues-on-saigas-with-blocked-gas-ports/

I don't think there's much else I can do after that

:smoke:

Well good luck, mine runs 100% without the top rail on but will not cycle for shit with it installed. I guess if this latest mod does not work I will have to junk the quad rail and find a different way to mount my Aimpoint :deadhorse: At least she looks ok :rolleyes:

004-6.jpg

Edited by G-30

mine eats the remington gun club stuff but it will FTE at the hip.

my bolt carrier is polished but my FCG and bolt are un modified i will be sending it all to pauly soon.

all i did was remove the gas block and uncovered 2 of my 3 ports and i cleaned out 2 ports and left them the same size and opened up one to 3/32 everything else is factory

i also have a chaos quad rail on the way im hoping it wont cause me problems

ill also be ordering the booster puck i believe my gun will be perfect with it cause it only FTE if you shoot limp wristed or from the hip

I was planning on testing out the quad rail mod today but my shooting spot was flooded after the last two straight days of rain. . So instead I decided why not open up my ports.

The gas block came off a lot easier then I expected.. opened up the hole in the gas block and then my three ports to 3/32.. put the gas block back on and installed the pins. both pins mushroomed a little bit from punching them out so I filed them down before I tapped them back in.

I lost a good amount of material on the top pin and couldn't get it to go all the way through, now when if I look really close with a light there is a cunt hair of a gap between the end of the pin and the gas block hole and I can see the gas plug retainer pin (?) moving when I depress it.. Don't know if that should be a concern?

Hopefully the water will recede by tomarrow afternoon so I can test this shit out :smoke: