What sling do the Russians use?

What is the "?" What part did you not understand? Are you saying this is in use by Russian s12 ops? Or just shooting in the dark? I really have no idea and would like to know. Of course I can slap an AK sling on, but what fun would that be?

Edited by beefcakeb0

I commend anyone who wants to stay "authentic". There are plenty of armchair commandos who keep the tacticool market going...

However, as much as I prefer authenticity, I also like functionality. So I compromised and went with a Chinese AK sling (with the leather tabs). That's what I have on all my variant rifles.

• Like 2

I didn't want the jingly clasp of the Russian so I went with the Chinese SKS sling with the leather tabs. Got them from Gunbroker. New and still sealed in the wax paper from the Vietnam era. $8 each.

They are just not quite as wide as the Russian though.

• Like 1

iI like and use the H&K leather sling . I got a bunch(20) surplus with the neat spring catch in near new condition for $2.00 each 5 years ago ,and I use them for most AR's ,AK's,and Fal's . :dollar:

I didn't want the jingly clasp of the Russian so I went with the Chinese SKS sling with the leather tabs. Got them from Gunbroker. New and still sealed in the wax paper from the Vietnam era. $8 each.

They are just not quite as wide as the Russian though.

• Like 1

What is the "?" What part did you not understand? Are you saying this is in use by Russian s12 ops? Or just shooting in the dark? I really have no idea and would like to know. Of course I can slap an AK sling on, but what fun would that be?

? = Is this one? :unsure: = unsure

P.S.

Did I strike a nerve or something?

• Like 1

? = Is this one? :unsure: = unsure

P.S.

Did I strike a nerve or something?

Um, no you didn't strike a nerve.

This is for informational purposes...please, if you suspect that they are using this I would like to know. If you have no idea and are just saying it because the rusmil sells it doesn't really help me now.

What would be a correct Saiga 12 sling? I love Russian and want to try to get something OEM. My search fu is weak tonight.

Is this what you are looking for?

post-24335-0-44518100-1302738898_thumb.jpg

I found this on the akforum. A member there is advertising them as russian spetsnaz slings. Hes got 4 left. Ill send you the link if you're interested. otherwise to satisfy my bordum, im gonna keep looking.

• Like 1

I have no idea really. It would be tits if someone knew if that was legit or not. Hopefully someone knows. Meanwhile please send me the link. Or post it up.

But please do let me know if you do figure it out AZG. Thnx

I have no idea really. It would be tits if someone knew if that was legit or not. Hopefully someone knows. Meanwhile please send me the link. Or post it up.

But please do let me know if you do figure it out AZG. Thnx

Not sure if it's legit but here you go:

link

• Like 1

Um, no you didn't strike a nerve.

This is for informational purposes...please, if you suspect that they are using this I would like to know. If you have no idea and are just saying it because the rusmil sells it doesn't really help me now.

Personally I have never seen a picture of a Russian with a S12 that had sling on. Still since it doesn't come with one from the factory they most likely buy an aftermarket one to use, so technically any Russian sling could be a possibility.

just cause we dont get them with slings dosnt mean they dont and also hes not talking about civilian s12's he wants the slings used by Spetznaz and other russian military branches that use the s12

• Like 1

also beef on the official Izhmash Saiga 12 video the only part where they show a sling is towards the end when they come out from beind the truck and run up the ramp into the window of a house.

but not everyone was using a sling only the guys holding the ramps and i dont know if they had s12's or just a ak rifle its hard to tell in the video

also hard to tell what slings they were using looks like one guy was using a black sling and the other was using a light colored sling that could be the surplus green or it could very well be the yellow one that was posted by AZG but im not sure the video quality is to bad to tell.

i dunno beef give it a look yourself and see

• Like 1

Well, a friend(former respected member with much knowledge) pointed out something nice to me. The Russians will not proof their products in English! So that sling is clearly a knock off. I have many collector proof marks in Cyrillic. Not engrish.

Edited by beefcakeb0

The Russians will not proof their products in English! So that sling is clearly a knock off. I have many collector proof marks in Cyrillic. Not engrish.

Maybe they'll look like these:

post-24335-0-44049500-1302808295_thumb.jpg

post-24335-0-98637000-1302808084_thumb.jpg

Sorry about that beefcakeb0, I should have figured that they only print in Cyrillic, not english

Edited by AZG
  • Like 1

What would be a correct Saiga 12 sling? I love Russian and want to try to get something OEM. My search fu is weak tonight.

I found this on the akforum. A member there is advertising them as russian spetsnaz slings. Hes got 4 left. Ill send you the link if you're interested. otherwise to satisfy my bordum, im gonna keep looking.

Those were mine got them from Tantal a few years back. He's since ran out. They were sold to me by him as "correct" Saiga 12 slings and I saw a picture on I believe it was the militaryphotos forum of a spetsnaz unit running a very similar looking sling. Which is where my assumption came from. Still have a stack of the brown tabbed but sold all the black.

ETA: Oh and they do have Cyrillic markings stamped into the leather. I think the made in stamps were put on post import probably to help with sales and recognition or something.

Img_0628.jpg

Edited by quest84
  • Like 2

Those were mine got them from Tantal a few years back. He's since ran out. They were sold to me by him as "correct" Saiga 12 slings and I saw a picture on I believe it was the militaryphotos forum of a spetsnaz unit running a very similar looking sling. Which is where my assumption came from. Still have a stack of the brown tabbed but sold all the black.

ETA: Oh and they do have Cyrillic markings stamped into the leather. I think the made in stamps were put on post import probably to help with sales and recognition or something.

Img_0628.jpg

+1 for your avatar being I'm orig. from cali and agree :lolol: , the sexy furniture, and the info.

• Like 1

yea, talkguns.ru has a saiga section...but I am not quite sure about posting and translation applying which is why I never have posted over there. If someone who is bilingual would be so kind as to help. One million internets to whosoever can provide something definitive. :drevil:

What are the Navy blue Russian slings used on?

Saiga 12 with Romy stock.jpg

they are not just navy blue, they are naval infantry use as well. Which would put them in use on ak74s or different type. I think. I have two of these also. :victory:

Edited by beefcakeb0