The Evolution of the Chaos Mini Drum

I posted this in another thread and thought I'd share it here in my section. These designs did lead to the Chaos Mini Drum design, I have my reasons for not building any of these concepts, oh but my finial design is not shown in here for obvious reasons.

This design is a max capacity drum, 30 rd. in the space of a MD20

conceptdrum.jpg

In this view you can see how the shells twist from the center out.

drumbase1.jpg

This design was a backup design during the MD20 and wraithmaker period if for some reason Mike didn't put his drum out, I couldn't stand the thought of the wraithmaker being the only drum out there, so this was designed and ready to go into the machining just in case, but Mike did pull it off and I was able to rest at ease, thanks Mike.

10Xmaginum.jpg

At the time I thought I may have to manufacture a machined drum like AA was doing I wanted something different really fast loading so these designs are all based off the drums being loaded fast with a stripper clips.

concept5.jpg

This drawing shows how I went from one design of rotation to another on feeding the shells.

S1210RMconcept1.jpg

These drawings show how much thought and detail goes into each part.

10RMcentershaft.jpg

DriveSprocket.jpg

This is of course my greatest designed drum, the Chaos booby drum.

boobiedrum.jpg

I want everyone to know that I have plans to follow through and build the Chaos Mini drum and it will be a work of art.

• Like 6
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well we have started to put together an in-house press shop so its the being of all metal stamping projects, our 10 rd. mini drum, this one will be included, but as far as a date, can't at this point.

Well we have started to put together an in-house press shop so its the being of all metal stamping projects, our 10 rd. mini drum, this one will be included, but as far as a date, can't at this point.

Nice can't wait.

Do you think a 20 rd the size of promag 12 is possible? That would kick ass

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

8rd metal mag? Possible?