Saiga Importer - RAA, No More?

I seem to remember an influx of posts concerning the lack of availability for Saiga firearms in general. I guess this problem has slowly faded into submission. I've seen Saiga rifles in stock since that topic died and ended up getting another one for myself. I love 'em. ANYWAY...

The Russian American Armory stamp has clearly been rolled over with some sort of pattern. If held at an angle, some of the letters from RAA are visible. On another portion of the receiver there exists another name: "Legion." I found that interesting.

Is everyone else seeing similar instances of this on the newest rifles found in-store?

Arsenal is now importing from Russia. I have seen and heard many rumors about Mercury Hermes; that they are the Russians doing their own importing, or just that they were someone from RAA who picked up the slack. I don't know either way but I do know Arsenal/KVAR is looking like they are picking up in importing, and that a little birdy is telling me there is something big ahead of us. So let's keep our fingers crossed.

RAA used to be the sole importer. On recent imports, the RAA is knurled out, & MERCURY HERMES is now stamped on the opposite side of the gun. Arsenal is also importing Legion marked guns, probably because it's getting difficult to get the Bulgarian 106 & 107. However once in the US, the Arsenal imported guns are made to resemble regular AK's, while the HERMES imported guns are sold as hunting rifles. GARY N4KVE

guys, Legion is the Russian company, they are exporting, and all the saigas that got their RAA stamp removed, have been in the states for close to a year now, just been sitting at other places than stores, and just now are hitting the shelves, and Mercury Hermes is what replaced the RAA, they are taking all the RAA saigas, and putting their own stamp on it, but notice that the trunnions are not Izhmash anymore, ever since the Mercury took over, they paint their saigas, including the axles, and rear sight leafs and BHOs, plus for some reason their groupings are shittier too, i have 1 RAA and 2 Mercury saigas, plus 1 Arsenal SGL-21 (still a Izhmash saiga), i did my homework

LEGION Ltd. was founded on the basis of Izhevsk Arms Factory. The company produces and sells on the internal market the products of improved quality by Izhevsk Arms Factory. Firearms weapons produced by the company features high quality, period artistic treatment (threading, engraving, incrustation) and improved finishing.
My link

guys, Legion is the Russian company, they are exporting, and all the saigas that got their RAA stamp removed, have been in the states for close to a year now, just been sitting at other places than stores, and just now are hitting the shelves, and Mercury Hermes is what replaced the RAA, they are taking all the RAA saigas, and putting their own stamp on it, but notice that the trunnions are not Izhmash anymore, ever since the Mercury took over, they paint their saigas, including the axles, and rear sight leafs and BHOs, plus for some reason their groupings are shittier too, i have 1 RAA and 2 Mercury saigas, plus 1 Arsenal SGL-21 (still a Izhmash saiga), i did my homework

Have to agree with you on the groupings.

Checked 6 or so 5.45's and the grouping certificates were all above the 122 range.

On the right side of my 7.62 is the rectangle that is all XXX out. On the left side is the Mercury - Hermes Lou KY

My new Saiga 7.62x39 is exactly the same. I was wondering what was under that rectangle that is sort of knurled looking.

My rear sight leaf is not painted, it kind of grayish / green, very light colored. It looks out of place on an all black rifle. Is that common on new ones from Mercury-Hermes everyone is seeing?

Edited by Foxtail207