AK Side Mount Scope Mount Choices

Anyone have a preference or experience with one or all of these mounts?

From what I have been reading these are the best choices.

1-Molot Vepr mount

2-KAVAR KV-04S

3-Belarus BP02

I own a Belarus BP-02 mount and it is solid. It moves front to back a quarter of an inch after locked in maybe, but not anything that will change your sight at distances. The only complaint I have is that it is a little on the heavy side. I have really nothing to compare this mount to as far as weight is concerned, but I can assume that it would be considered heavy.

I would also suggest a UTG side mount off of amazon.com. It is made of aluminum I believe and is cheap, light and solid.

I have 1 and 3 of your choices. My fav is the molot side mount. Its about as low as you can go with side mount. But both of these work and do what they are suppose to do. Ive never been sure why the molot costs as much as it does but it does have more rail than the bp.

• 3 months later...

I am running a UTG detachable side mount w/Weaver 1-3x. I have fired +1000 rounds of 7.62 and removed the mounted scope, cleaned my Saiga, remounted and had no shift in zero 2x. I am also very satisfied with the Weaver 1-3x. I ordered the scope and Burris tactical rings off Midway and got the whole package delivered at under $200. I use the rifle at 100 yards and under and the 1-3x is fine for fast aquisition and clear glass at these ranges.

• 2 months later...

1-Molot Vepr mount

2-KAVAR KV-04S

3-Belarus BP02

I own a Belarus BP-02 mount and it is solid. It moves front to back a quarter of an inch after locked in maybe, but not anything that will change your sight at distances. The only complaint I have is that it is a little on the heavy side. I have really nothing to compare this mount to as far as weight is concerned, but I can assume that it would be considered heavy.

I would also suggest a UTG side mount off of amazon.com. It is made of aluminum I believe and is cheap, light and solid.

Not create a zombie thread here or anything. But front to back a 1/4"?? That doesn't seem right does it? I'm about order one and there is no way if the thing moves a 1/4 freakin inch

• 2 weeks later...

1-Molot Vepr mount

2-KAVAR KV-04S

3-Belarus BP02

Not create a zombie thread here or anything. But front to back a 1/4"?? That doesn't seem right does it? I'm about order one and there is no way if the thing moves a 1/4 freakin inch

To answer my own question and if any one else might wonder the same the thing: I got my

Bp02 and there's not way a 1/4 inch of movement is ok. Mine is solid and doesn't

Move at all when locked in place