so any one know what happened to the 30-06? How many were imported? When did the last ones get brought in? Any plans to start importing again? At one point someone was talking about converting a s308 to 30-06 anyone remember this because I can't find the thread. I don't know why I want one I just do.

I would definitely get one as well! I have been tempted by the Brownings before, and I think a Saiga in .30-06 would be a bit more affordable of an option for a hunting rifle. I don't think they were imported in very large numbers, but I really don't know much about them at all.

They never came in any large numbers.

After handling the S100 in .308 I have to say I rather like it as it is. Trigger pull is decent, safety is functional and easy to reach. Handguard will need some venting for the amount of shooting I do.

Over all I think the rifle handles great and looks slick. Just needs magazines (end mills just came in yesterday for the rear lug), I mocked up a 20 round and it looked good with the rifle.

922R can be met with an altered hammer or changing the gas piston.

Well I called mercury Hermes and the guy has no plans to import anymore unless we show more interest in them. So I'm back to hunting info up on older ones. I want one and see if I can make bar mags work. Or rechamber one of my s 308s

In the .30-06? well I'd want one for sure. I bet we could get a list of 200 people easy enough.

The rifle is decent as is, no real need to convert to AK configuration as the trigger does not suck that bad, its actually pretty decent as is.

Well after poking around there was only about 50 sold when they were brought in before. But if we could promise to buy them we might be able to talk him into it. Big killer on them was the 4 round mags and the non standard look. I think they look sweet though. But I would have to try to recreate tromixs AK 30-06 with one and it looks like csspecs has an idea on the mag I think this needs another try I could give yall the number and have everyone ask for them or let's get a couple of our great vendors in on this. That might carry more weight

Edited by kindapointless

They never came in any large numbers.

After handling the S100 in .308 I have to say I rather like it as it is. Trigger pull is decent, safety is functional and easy to reach. Handguard will need some venting for the amount of shooting I do.

Over all I think the rifle handles great and looks slick. Just needs magazines (end mills just came in yesterday for the rear lug), I mocked up a 20 round and it looked good with the rifle.

922R can be met with an altered hammer or changing the gas piston.

Sent you a PM regarding the 30-06 mags

So anyone have any ideas about rechambering an s308 to 30-06? Battle rifle g3 did a comparison in like 09 that I found that says most things are the same. Could it really be as simple as a chamber ream and magwell mod?

In a world where everyone switches from 30-06 why would you switch TO 30-06?

Got a number on that shop? PM me, I want one and can deliver mags faster if I own one.

PS. I have a prototype 20 round magazine in my saiga .308 100 series... Gun looks pretty slick with the 20 round mag. (I am 922r compliant).

In a world where everyone switches from 30-06 why would you switch TO 30-06?

Maybee..... The 30.06 is the all around US of A round for all that ails ya? Form varmit's to villian's. Tried and true. Yet to be "under/over"rated. Good "well past 1,000yds".

I know...........

• 2 weeks later...

I happen to KNOW that a local shop has the 30-06 saigas... They are around. just gotta look for em.

:smoke:

Your killing me.....been trying to find one in semi forever......please share that info with me also (only been able to find a bolt action Saiga 30.06