need help deciding

I have a 3 port gun what i had taken apart and polished the bolt and carrier and profiled my trigger and that didnt help with FTE

so i took off the gas block and did the D mod to uncover 2 ports and i drilled out the middle one with a 3/23 drill bit and left the other 2 alone.

result was that it was firing low brass remington game load now on setting 2 but it would FTE if i shot from the hip or shot limp wristed.

on the second range trip i did yesterday the gun was the same as the first but i had installed a Tromix charge handle so i pick up the gun and lock it to my shoulder and the first 3 rounds were FTE's i was puzzled because i had been using the same working ammo and working mag as the last time where it had been working 100% at the shoulder so i sat there and thought for a wile and decided since the only thing i had changed was adding the Tromix charge handle i decided to remove it and what do you know 20 rounds and no FTE's.

From what i saw my gun is barely running and it is still undergassed because just adding a few grams of weight to the bolt carrier actually made me FTE

with that said i need a little help deciding if i should open up both of the remaining holes with a 3/32 drill bit or make my gun into a 4 port gun what do you guys think?

I have a 3 port gun what i had taken apart and polished the bolt and carrier and profiled my trigger and that didnt help with FTE

so i took off the gas block and did the D mod to uncover 2 ports and i drilled out the middle one with a 3/23 drill bit and left the other 2 alone.

result was that it was firing low brass remington game load now on setting 2 but it would FTE if i shot from the hip or shot limp wristed.

on the second range trip i did yesterday the gun was the same as the first but i had installed a Tromix charge handle so i pick up the gun and lock it to my shoulder and the first 3 rounds were FTE's i was puzzled because i had been using the same working ammo and working mag as the last time where it had been working 100% at the shoulder so i sat there and thought for a wile and decided since the only thing i had changed was adding the Tromix charge handle i decided to remove it and what do you know 20 rounds and no FTE's.

From what i saw my gun is barely running and it is still undergassed because just adding a few grams of weight to the bolt carrier actually made me FTE

with that said i need a little help deciding if i should open up both of the remaining holes with a 3/32 drill bit or make my gun into a 4 port gun what do you guys think?

What do I think?

Booster puck

V-plug...

What do I think?

Booster puck

V-plug...

I agree, but you may end up having to open the other holes also, but I'd take it one step at a time. I did the same mods and still had to open my gas ports up to .093.

What do I think?

Booster puck

V-plug...

I agree. I have all 3 ports at 3/32 and i still have to use setting 5 on my v-plug to cycle low brass...

im still using the factory puck though.

What do I think?

Booster puck

V-plug...

This made both my guns run from the hip with even the crappy winchester value packs. Even with the V plug on setting 4. I have a v plug and booster waiting for my Tromix S06 which should show up Tuesday. Definitely the way to go.

well i took her apart but not with out the good old russian vodka or i would have gotten factory service!

DSC_8800.jpg

sorry i dont have more pics i lost my charger for my camera and my moms camera is a POS these were the best pics i could get lol

DSCN1323.jpg

DSCN1328.jpg

anyway the gun is back together i just need to test fire it to see if most of my problems are gone i think they should be.