Bury a shipping container and have an access hatch thru the top of it. Buy a pop up camper trailer with an access hole thru the floor. Park the popup trailer on top of the buried container acess hatch when you visit and you have a concealed means of entry, as well as a hidden permanent structure on your property.

conceal the containers hatch with native rocks/dirt/sand/brush etc.

• Like 1

Bury a shipping container and have an access hatch thru the top of it. Buy a pop up camper trailer with an access hole thru the floor. Park the popup trailer on top of the buried container acess hatch when you visit and you have a concealed means of entry, as well as a hidden permanent structure on your property.

conceal the containers hatch with native rocks/dirt/sand/brush etc.

This is actually a great Idea but how the hell do you do it without anybody seeing that your burying a conex?? I know its in the middle of nowhere but still if some bad guys stumble across you working then they would likely be more inclined to figure out what was buried than whats inside a shack.?

Sounds like a solution for my underground bunker though!

OK really wanted to throw this out there yesterday but work was getting the best of me.

I went to school for Architectural CAD and did extensive amount of work (design and hands on) with building types like the ones this company does http://www.earthshelter.com/

Most people like the open ended ones, I like the closed ones. There awesome buildings and will most likely out last you and your son.

ICF bricks are also incredibly easy to work with. In short if you've ever played with legos or timber toys, it's about that easy. Here's an example company http://www.buildblock.com/?gclid=CJj40sHmpqgCFYjsKgodaWgsIw

If you really wanted to you could start buying your house in pieces instead of having to come up with one lump sum.

The issue is I live 33 hours away in NJ still.. so pulling it back to NJ everytime can't happen..

heck my first time out is going to be only 2 days and the weekend.. Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun.. :cryss:

as I still don't get vacation days or PAID for the days I take off..

until I get my raise I am at $10.50/hour... :cryss:

saving the $4300 more I need for the 12 x 16 bldg is going to be a PITA.. but I will overcome..

yarp.. the problem is I do not get days off.. after 2 1/2 years I am still a TEMP with 0 vacation and 0 benefits..

I lose about $90/day gross for every day off.. :crys:

I built a 20x24 addition on my house back in 2003 for less than $6000 so I know I COULD do it.. but don't have the time..

The sea containers are very adaptable to various configurations. The military has been using modified ones for living quarters for a long time. The first ones I've seen were in Bosnia and were shipped in already modified with personnel type doors, window A/C units, etc. The military is also using them to build "villages" for training in urban ops. They are stackable too. I've been in many and some were multi-story "buildings" with staircases inside, etc. The trendy thing in Europe now is using multiple ones to build houses. What would be cool is one below ground with one stacked on top. They are lockable but as they say, locks are to keep honest people honest. The Border Patrol may keep an eye on your place to catch illegals but I don't think they will simply babysit it because you have something of value there. If you cannot visit regularly, a mobile RV may be the answer until you can occupy the land.

Build a wooden / or concrete block structure that has no front and back walls or is semi-open. Thus the interior is totally visible from the road. Don't keep any valuables there. Bury or keep in storage 6-8 plywood boards that will drill in and be your walls. Keep in paid storage your supplies and valuables that you will pick up when you fly in to TX.

I don't think you should go castle until you are living there. In the meantime, don't make it worth it for any illegals to settle in.

That or get some crusty old hermit to live in the place while you're away. If you return, and he's died on ya, just bury him out back and find a new one.

Good luck, and yeah I think once you move in, you should make a concealable mack-daddy basement.