Battlefield 3

New 1st person shooter coming out. The link is to the trailer. Looks pretty good.

Yeah, there's lots of poor muzzle control in the trailer, and fire control is almost nonexistent. The trailer looks like it was made for gamers, by gamers with no idea of proper small unit tactics, but the game engine, graphics and effects look spot-on.

I loved Crysis and the Unreal series. This should be pretty cool.

Yeah, Really looking forward to this game. I prefer Dice's game engine over any FPS that I'VE played. When battlefield bad company 2 came out at first I didnt like it being used to MW2 but I ended up quiting MW2 for BC2 now ive actually went back to BC2 from black Ops.lol I just like the game play way more than MW, I just hope they make a BC3 next!!!

I'm really glad they are trying to shake off the consoles for this one. PC is the flagship once more finally. The part thats that make me sad are that it will still be arcade Battlefield play. I was spoiled long ago by Red Orchestra as far as damage goes, so now playing most other games I just get mad when I shoot someone and it has no immediate effect upon them. They don't slow down, they don't limp, they just keep moving like nothing happened. I can get past that, but the one thing that truly drives me insane about this game is that even with millions of dollars pumped into the project, Dice still refuses to learn how to operate the weapons. Why is this trained solder working the charging handle of his weapon so much?

Battlefield 3

New 1st person shooter coming out. The link is to the trailer. Looks pretty good.

Yeah, there's lots of poor muzzle control in the trailer, and fire control is almost nonexistent. The trailer looks like it was made for gamers, by gamers with no idea of proper small unit tactics, but the game engine, graphics and effects look spot-on.

WTF? Muzzle control? Fire control? This is a GAME man, this is not a simulation. The goal of a good fps is to let me own 5 guys at once because I am better.

If they could just take bf2 and upgrade it, it would be awesome. Console games suck. Bad company 2 sucks. COD sucks.

The best game in the world would be the bf2 vehicles, the valve 1.6 cs engine, and the looks of bethesda's elder scrolls games.

Battlefield 3

WTF? Muzzle control? Fire control? This is a GAME man, this is not a simulation. The goal of a good fps is to let me own 5 guys at once because I am better.

If they could just take bf2 and upgrade it, it would be awesome. Console games suck. Bad company 2 sucks. COD sucks.

The best game in the world would be the bf2 vehicles, the valve 1.6 cs engine, and the looks of bethesda's elder scrolls games.

I KNOW it's a game. However, that said, showing incorrect muzzle control (sweeping people) will teach the unititiated shooter when they have a real firearm in their hands.

Games and movies are rampant with poor firearms handling. The correction is sorely needed. Monkey see, monkey do.

My 11 year old is already in full pledge annoying mode to get this game.

Good. Now you've got incentive to work his ass off. Cut and trim the grass, clean the house, do laundry. Make him earn it.

Hah. These are probably the best graphics that I have ever seen. Many superb subtleties. Gameplay-wise, it's the same scripted, arcady stuff we've seen since the first CoD or so. Oh well, it's still pretty fund. BF2 wasn't exactly some kind a combat sim either. The Project Realism mod was quite great tho, if you had a good quad to work with, which wasn't that often, unfortunately. Operation Flashpoint is still unmatched in some ways.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

Either you miss my point completely, or are just being argumentative.

Neither. I'm trying to make a point of my own. Here, read this:

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

Here we've encountered our first clash: the scrub is only willing to play

to win within his own made-up mental set of rules. These rules can be staggeringly arbitrary.

While you're busy making sure your muzzle doesn't cross your teammates, the players on the other team

will have their crosshairs pointed right at where you will come around a corner, and you'll get owned.

Moral of the story: don't limit yourself with your own extra rules, because no one else will abide by them,

and you just handicapped yourself.

Just some free advice from a beta 7 CS player.

You miss my point. I see this shit all the time at the gun club. Clowns standing there with the pistol raised beside their head, or standing there BSing with the muzzle casually pointed at someone.

Play however you want., but show bad weapons handling and it will be imitated.

Dumbass kids copy what they see.

Now, back on topic.

Cool game.

Edited by patriot

Looks awesome. Wasted hours of my life playing 1942 while in college. Lots of fun. But they should correct the muzzle control. If I'm not correct black ops forces the gun down in the single player when you are right behind a friendly? Maybe it was another game I can't remember

• Like 1

The trailer makes the game look amazing. I've never played any of the BF games (I started with CoD's as my first FPS's and stuck with them), but I might pick this one up.

I wish game companies would come out with multiplayer-only versions of these games, for cheaper. I don't really care for single player campaigns.

You miss my point. I see this shit all the time at the gun club. Clowns standing there with the pistol raised beside their head, or standing there BSing with the muzzle casually pointed at someone.

Now, back on topic.

Cool game.

Your logic is flawed. People won't be running around and shooting from the tops of buildings and from tanks

at people. There is a giant divide between video games and reality, and the only people who don't realize

that are the non-gamers. In fact, do me a favor and don't even suggest that anything from video games

makes it into reality because all we fucking need is more stupid ratings laws.

• Like 1

Now, back on topic.

Cool game.

Your logic is flawed. People won't be running around and shooting from the tops of buildings and from tanks

at people. There is a giant divide between video games and reality, and the only people who don't realize

that are the non-gamers. In fact, do me a favor and don't even suggest that anything from video games

Please forgive me.

I abase myself at the feet of the All-knowing Grand Kliegl.

All is now right with the world.

Edited by patriot

I'm a HUGE fan of the 'Battlefield' titles. My favorite is still the original, "1942", but they are all pretty good.

:super: 32 vs 32 pwnage on giant maps

1942 and the DesertCombat mod was the only game I played for years. Still known to beat it up on the servers every now and then.

Edited by WhiskeyMinion

Now, back on topic.

Cool game.

Please forgive me.

I abase myself at the feet of the All-knowing Grand Kliegl.

All is now right with the world.

Rise, my son.

Just kidding, you don't need to kowtow. I agree that bad habits

can be learned from many things. Interesting enough, Kliegl is an

Austrian name, the Klan title is kleagle or something like that.

I guess my thing is, I've been shooting since I was six, and playing

first person shooters since they came out in the early 90s. My only connection

is that I like buying some of the guns I use in the games. :super:

• 1 month later...

I can't wait for thsi to come out, I gave up MW2 for BFBC2 and while I did purchase Blops I went right back to BFBC2. COD games just dont have the type of destruction I require in a FPS anymore, they are going to have to do better than cars/trucks blowing up.

Battlefield 3 will be amazing if its closely tied with the earlier games. Battlefield 1942 was really the first game I started to play online and it was great. I think they tend to make there games more realistic by balancing out classes and fighting on larger scale. Its also good to see they are sticking to the pc platform and going from there. I don't really care about muzzle control, kids shouldn't take there firearms saftey from video games. If they do they shouldn't be playing in the first place. When I first started shooting I did think i could take a 100 yard offhand shot and easily hit my target. Damn games lol

Edited by roachtron

bf 2 had a saiga 20 in it ya? will they throw the 12 in 3, or go keltec ksg lik3 cod mw3?

BFBC2 has the Saiga 12k in it, I'm glad to be able to play an "actual" battlefield game on console. Even if I were to buy the PC version, I would still be using my xbox controller.

BFBC2 has the Saiga 12k in it, I'm glad to be able to play an "actual" battlefield game on console. Even if I were to buy the PC version, I would still be using my xbox controller.

Technically it's the 20k. I know this because I have over 400 kills with it. My BFBC2 Stats :)

Technically it's the 20k. I know this because I have over 400 kills with it. My BFBC2 Stats :)

BUT, you can use the 12 gauge version by selecting 12 gauge buckshot in the "attachment" menu.

Ahh you are correct Im not sure why I thought it was the 12 ga., it is in fact a 20 ga. My gamertag on xbox is the same as my login here, I have 276 kills with the Saiga I prefer the USAS-12 if I am running around with a shotgun.

CPF: I think its still a 20 ga with the sabot rounds.

Edited by fromxtor