BFBC2 has the Saiga 12k in it, I'm glad to be able to play an "actual" battlefield game on console. Even if I were to buy the PC version, I would still be using my xbox controller.

Technically it's the 20k. I know this because I have over 400 kills with it. My BFBC2 Stats :)

Ahh you are correct Im not sure why I thought it was the 12 ga., it is in fact a 20 ga. My gamertag on xbox is the same as my login here, I have 276 kills with the Saiga I prefer the USAS-12 if I am running around with a shotgun.

CPF: I think its still a 20 ga with the sabot rounds.

No, I am pretty sure it says 12 gauge buckshot. I'll have to check later :P

bf 2 had a saiga 20 in it ya? will they throw the 12 in 3, or go keltec ksg lik3 cod mw3?

BFBC2 has the Saiga 12k in it, I'm glad to be able to play an "actual" battlefield game on console. Even if I were to buy the PC version, I would still be using my xbox controller.

And that is why games suck these days. They make them for consoles, then port them to PC, instead of the other way around like it used to be.

And that is why games suck these days. They make them for consoles, then port them to PC, instead of the other way around like it used to be.

Used to be when? I seem to recall the majority of games were in the arcade first, then ported to Atari, Nintendo, Sega, Super Nintendo, Genesis, Playstation, etc, then MAYBE to PC. PC games were usually the boring Myst clones, text and picture RPG's, and first person shooters. The only PC game that was truly great in those days was Syndicate. They eventually ported that to the consoles and man, did it suck balls. It was only really in the mid to late 90's early 00's that PC gaming became prime time.

But yeah, in case you didn't know Battlefield 3 is designed for PC and ported to the consoles. Score 1 for the old school. ;)

Used to be when? I seem to recall the majority of games were in the arcade first, then ported to Atari, Nintendo, Sega, Super Nintendo, Genesis, Playstation, etc, then MAYBE to PC. PC games were usually the boring Myst clones, text and picture RPG's, and first person shooters. The only PC game that was truly great in those days was Syndicate. They eventually ported that to the consoles and man, did it suck balls. It was only really in the mid to late 90's early 00's that PC gaming became prime time.

But yeah, in case you didn't know Battlefield 3 is designed for PC and ported to the consoles. Score 1 for the old school. ;)

And Battlefield....is an FPS.

Pretty much every PC game in the 90s was PC first. Doom, Warcraft, Command and Conquer, all the Sierra games.

You're right on the arcade games, but I'm talking computer games here. Consoles will always be limited by controller size and

by their systems. There will never be a truly awesome console, I mean, TRULY, because not enough people would buy it,

it would be too expensive. But, if you want a 3000 dollar gaming machine, you CAN build that in a PC.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks awesome, I can't wait until it comes out. I think I'm going to have to put black ops back in it's case and play BFBC2 some more, I forgot how much fun that game was.

I agree the PC platform is more capable than consoles, but I ended up getting a playstation 3 because I can't afford to upgrade my PC every time a kickass new game comes out.

not sure if my comp will play this game with decent FPS...plays WoW fine, but thats not a good marker for a game like BF3...

x58 MB

12gb 1333mhz DDR3 ram

i7 920 2.67ghz quad core CPU

liquid cooled

gtx260 892mb vid card

30mbps cable modem

64bit windows 7

I should be OK, or you guys think I need a better vid card or more ram?

Edited by lvjeffro

not sure if my comp will play this game with decent FPS...plays WoW fine, but thats not a good marker for a game like BF3...

x58 MB

12gb 1333mhz DDR3 ram

liquid cooled

gtx260 892mb vid card

30mbps cable modem

64bit windows 7

Sounds like a pretty good setup to me...worst comes to worst then you can just turn down the settings in the game.

x58 MB

12gb 1333mhz DDR3 ram

liquid cooled

gtx260 892mb vid card

30mbps cable modem

64bit windows 7

I am running the same setup with the exception of 2 x GTX480 in SLI. The only thing you may need to do is a video card for higher resolution with DX11.

If you want to double check, go here.

Edited by Dad2142Dad
  • 1 month later...

New video out today. Looks absolutely amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8S_eEv_A5k

Also, the Saiga has been a confirmed weapon! It is the 20k, but at least they put it in again.

EDIT: Oh, and they have a ton of genuine russian weapons and optics, I am impressed!

Fuck it. For the first time since COD4, I'm going to stray from the COD series and go with BF3 when it comes out. That trailer looks awesome.

From bf3blog.com:

Assault rifles

M16A4

M416

G3

Ak74M

AN94

KH2002

AEK971

F2000

ASVAL

Carbines

M4A1

G36C

AKS74U

SCAR H

A-91

SG553LB

Light machine guns

M249

M60

M27 IAR

M40

RPK

Pecheneg

Type88

Sniper rifles

MK11

SVD

SV98

M98B

M40A5

M82A3

M39

SKS

Sub Machine guns

P90

P90TR

MP7

UMP-45

PDR

PP2000

Shotguns

870 MCS

M1014

USAS-12

Saiga 20K

DAO-12

Rocket launchers

AT4

SMAW

RPG-7

Javelin

FIM-92 Stinger

SA-18 IGLA

Pistols

M9

M93R

MP443

MP412

Glock 17

Glock 18

M1911

T44

Some of these seem to be in the wrong category, unless a T44 tank will fit neatly in a holster at my side. Pretty excited about this game, I miss the good ol days in BF2.

^^ The T44 was an experimental rifle, unless they are talking about the taurus 44. BFBC2 also features the 20k with an option to use slugs which somehow makes it a 12 ga.

That video does look amazing, and I will be getting it at 2400 the day before it releases. I will make sure I get into the beta in Sep also.

Edited by fromxtor

Yep, the T-44 is actually the Taurus 44. And personally, I am not a huge fan of the valve engine for an FPS. Half Life (all episodes) is the only exception. Frostbite 2 will soon become my all-time favorite :)