Recoil Buffer Benefit?

Half the fun of joining the Saiga fraternity is all the tweaking and gadgets available.

The recoil buffers have me wondering. I guess the benefit would be there for a Saiga shotgun, but what about the 7.62 x 39?

Is the action really quieter (and how would I know with earplugs at the gunrange)?

Does it really extend the life of my rifle (this thing seems so solidly built I don't expect to outlive it) and will I run out of money for ammo first?

Will I feel less recoil (I'm still getting used to how little I feel now) and is that the benefit that makes it worthwhile?

The $9.95 is burning a hole in my pocket, maybe I should just sent it to BlackJack and get it over with?

What say the more experienced among you?

thanks,

pharmer

"Buy and decide"..my motto when my wallet is fat but as it is not very fat currently..I will wait on the buffer. I imagine it will reduce 'felt' recoil a smidge and quiet things a smidge if you notice the difference between BAM! BAM! BAM!

If you like to take the trigger assembly apart when cleaning or tinkering I could no longer live without the retention clip duflicky made by ..a..one second..Red Star Arms Inc. Slick little part.

I'm hot after a muzzle break and WILL find a way!

Ned- I have been to Cheaper than dirt's retail store and they sell a muzzle brake for the mini 14 that looks like it will fit the saiga with very little modification. I have not tried it yet but I intend to when I have $20 bucks extra. I bought a new stock instead.

I will by a recoil buffer after that. Too cool of an idea not to try! :killer:

Have Blackjack buffers in all my AK's. Can't comment on reduced recoil or quietness, but for less than $10, I look at them as cheap insurance against metal to metal contact between the receiver and bolt. Have fire 1000's of rounds with them installed without a single malfuntion. Also, easy to install.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

500 rounds latter buffer still there, 1000 rounds latter buffer still there, yes it helps

it will extent the life or your gun or any semi auto gun, bolt carrier hits receiver

that is what destroy must semi auto or full auto guns including small arms .

plus it help. I experience a diference after buffer was install on my rifle , by the way

I got the buffer from red star arms cost a little more than black jack but it has more

beef 14.95

http://www.redstararms.com/

Buffers are just GOOD for the weapon as a machiene! They cushion metal to metal contact that is not necessary. Also by reducing shockwave in reciever it helps smooth function as well as longevity.

I like blackjack because it is thinner,but if the thicker type work ok with your weapon(no feeding problems from shorter cycle) kool!

G O B

• 8 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will I feel less recoil

No you won't!

The recoil buffer is not designed to reduce "felt recoil" but to reduce impact on the firearm, no matter what gun you have!

As to if it is needed....that can be debated for days.

Did you last couple guys notice you're answering posts from 2004? This issue has been beaten to death on the forum since then.

GODAMNIT! sad.png I should really look at the date when posting. I saw a new/bumped thread and well....this happened!

• 2 months later...

Buffers are just GOOD for the weapon as a machiene! They cushion metal to metal contact that is not necessary. Also by reducing shockwave in reciever it helps smooth function as well as longevity.

I like blackjack because it is thinner,but if the thicker type work ok with your weapon(no feeding problems from shorter cycle) kool!

G O B

ok i agree but whats with some people saying that it could egg out ur rear tunnion rivets? is that possible?