What's YOUR seld defense load?!

Howdy guys! Your freindly neighborhood bambulance man here. SELF DEFENCE LOADS!

What do you like to use?

Heres mine. Winchester PDX1 00buck and 1 ounce slug

oh yea that topic should say self* not seld >.>

2znp9oj.jpg

Edited by Bambulance Man

i use federal premium 15 pellet 3" 00 buck. my concern about the hexolit 32 is that they are meant for thicker targets like deer and pigs. i dont think they would have time to open in a human. i see myself finding a recipe for ballistics gell......

Remington 3" 000 express magnum buck.

Why have 33cal when you can have 36?

That is exactly what i use when i dont have PDX1

I buy this stuff by the case if I can find it in stock.

post-13534-0-37618500-1303088706_thumb.jpg

I cant see what that is. looks big though.

Be safe,

Yakdung

Remington 3" 000 express magnum buck.

Why have 33cal when you can have 36?

That is exactly what i use when i dont have PDX1

I buy this stuff by the case if I can find it in stock.

post-13534-0-37618500-1303088706_thumb.jpg

I cant see what that is. looks big though.

Be safe,

Yakdung

Sorry... Wolf:

http://www.wolfammo.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=32

Remmington 3" magnum 15 pellet .00 buck.

It's about 2 ounces of lead & packs one hell of a punch, but it's so common & expected that an overzealous prosecution can't call it an "exotic ammo of death"

I agree, this is why I chose my ammo as well. When it comes in a "bulk" package you can't really say that it's exotic.

Hexolit 32 12 ga slug

this is one big Mo-Fo ammo that befits your name. wish i have some of these in my ammo stash.

Remmington 3" magnum 15 pellet .00 buck.

It's about 2 ounces of lead & packs one hell of a punch, but it's so common & expected that an overzealous prosecution can't call it an "exotic ammo of death"

i understand the logic in this and its good.

as for me, i keep the original saiga 5-round mag with #4 buckshot on the top round, then followed by 2 double "O" buck and then 2 solid slugs, all in 2 3/4 lengths since i cant find 3" shells here in our place. since my gun won't eject buckshots on setting 1 (only the slug is ejected 100% on setting 1), i keep my gun on setting 2 , safety off, bolt held open.

since my gun won't eject buckshots on setting 1 (only the slug is ejected 100% on setting 1), i keep my gun on setting 2 , safety off, bolt held open.

You're gun has issues.

setting 2 is often too much with buckshot.

Too much gas could cause the carrier to ricochet off the rear block & outcycle the mag causing a missfeed.

You should work on the gun.

ive got winchester 00 buckshot in all my saiga mags and my mossberg 500, winchester 230 grain JHP rounds in my glock 30, remington 115 grain bulk ammo in my glock 19, and MPA30T, tula 122 grain fmj rounds in my AK, remington bulk 55 grain FMJ rounds in my AR15, and 185 grain remington soft tip rounds in my 30-06

Edited by Cali_Armz

since my gun won't eject buckshots on setting 1 (only the slug is ejected 100% on setting 1), i keep my gun on setting 2 , safety off, bolt held open.

You're gun has issues.

setting 2 is often too much with buckshot.

Too much gas could cause the carrier to ricochet off the rear block & outcycle the mag causing a missfeed.

You should work on the gun.

i agree, i may need to work on my gun (still new less than 300 shots thus far). been contemplating on doing some polishing already on my gun but dont have the time yet. also i think the crappy ammo i have is at fault in the double O buck FTE's on setting 1. what i have available here is armscor brand. i looked at the documentation in the manufacturer site and i was actually surprised that their spec sheet showed double O buck has the same velocities as their birdshot ammo. their slug has considerably higher velocities than the rest of their shells. so i figured its the crappy ammo not entirely my gun that's causing the FTE's on buckshot on setting 1.

to keep in line with the topic, i also keep two 10-round and one 13-round mags filled with hornady tap 200grain JHP on my xd 45 compact as back-up to my S12.

Edited by glennhmd