Alright, this might take a second to explain but I wan't to be specific.... just bear with me.

About 6 weeks ago I decided it was time to sandblast and duracoat my 7.62. I ordered a duracoat kit directly from Lauers and it arrived very quickly, within 4 days. The same day I got the coat, I went to purchase a few tools and whatnot and what do you know? My CC is declined and I KNOW I have at least $300 in there... I get home and deal with the bank, I got the money refunded and closed the account. (someone ordered shit from overstock, and started a match.com account) Fuck it right? Someone got in... close it out and open a new one. At the time I didn't know who/where the CC# was stolen from. I ordered the stuff from a school computer and figured someone there was smart enough to capture that info *shrug* no big deal right? I got my money back.

I got very busy with work/school over the next couple weeks and didn't apply the duracoat. It came obvious to me that 4oz of the stuff wouldn't be enough. (I wanted to coat all my AK shit, a couple knives, and a couple bench vises that I found next to my garage) At any rate I ordered a second kit, direct from LCW, this time from my home comp. and since I don't have my re-issued CC yet, I purchased it with my girlfriends Discover card.

That is right, you guessed it, someone stole that fucking number too! over 2 stacks worth of shit purchased from overstock, younkers, and some other obscure internet retailer. (all refunded)

I called Lauers and the dude didn't seem suprised. He told me that they hire a third party to process their internet orders and he would bring it up to management right away.

In case you got lost in that rambling, my point is.... if you want to order Duracoat, don't do it direct from them for right now, they have a security issue. Other than that, the product arrived quickly, applied easily, and looks super sweet. I still have my stuff hanging to cure. (been 7 days now and it will still scratch off with a screwdriver *shrug*) I will post some pics of it after its 30 day cure when I put it back together.

That sucks I've bought a good bit from them over the years and never had a problem. That has happend to me a few times in the past when a company switches over to a third party to proccess orders. Thanks for the heads up I am about to have to order some more duracoat looks like will be from anouther suplier.

Sorry to hear about your trouble, some $*#@sucker stole mine and bought some iTunes songs aaaaannd...AARP insurance....that last purchase saved me though, it was pretty obvious I wasn't eligible for AARP yet...

AARP, that is great! The thing that gets me is, the police don't even care. Neither time would they even let me fill out a report. Good thing the CC companies didn't require a police report. I tried getting dudes info from match.com but I approached it wrong. I should have acted like him and claimed to forget my login info.

The internet is de-sensitizing us all. Back in the day, you had to actually steal something, then run the risk of having them hiding in your closet when you get home from work. People these days don't have the consequence of an ass whoopin.... it is a shame, so much can be learned from one.

Amazon sells Duracoat in many different colors also. Their customer service has always been top-notch. It's sold by Grizzly through them. I once had an issue with a bigscreen HDTV I bought from amazon. Since I bought it on close out they refunded me 25% and had Samsung warranty me out for that years newer model. Damn, I still got a bottle of Matte Black I got use.

I got hit twice in the last year, on two different credit cards (the second time it was a re-issued card with a new number). The CC company said it could be a leak at any number of places I've used the card, but more likely I just got caught in someone's brute force scheme to mine numbers. My bad luck to have it happen twice.

Are you sure you dont have a key stroke trojan or something ?

I order from them every month and have never had any issues.

COULD have been a keystroke trojan but the reason I believe it is on LCW's end is that it happened on two different computers, using two different payment methods. My school's system is what they call a "deep freeze", I know little about this stuff but you can install/delete anything you want, change any settings, and the terminal returns to normal after rebooted *shrug*

My brother just had his debit card wiped out, found out the company that does the credit card charges for Buds Online Gun store got hacked.... He is getting all of his money back, but its still a real PITA for him.

Shit happens. More than we would like to think it does.