Originally it was to be the Chinese invading the US. Because the studio didn't want to offend the Chinese market, they are now making the primary combatants North Koreans.

Hopefully NK, is just a pawn like Cuba was in the original movie. But that still means China has to carry the load elsewhere. . .

Oh well. . .

Kind of insulting that NK would invade the US. Kind of insulting that the studio sees one Asian person is the same as another.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/mgms-red-dawn-remake-will-have-north-korea-as-revised-villain/

OK First off if you are an AK fan & have not seen "Red Dawn " then WTF are you waiting for .... I still watch that movie !!! :super:

2nd What The HELL are they Thinking !! North Korea ?? for real ? when I first read this a few weeks ago I was soo disappointed ..... China would have been believable..

OK First off if you are an AK fan & have not seen "Red Dawn " then WTF are you waiting for .... I still watch that movie !!! :super:

2nd What The HELL are they Thinking !! North Korea ?? for real ? when I first read this a few weeks ago I was soo disappointed ..... China would have been believable..

havn't seen it but doesn't the original use Valmets?

Still cool, and sitll pretty much AK

edit: also, changing it from china to a chinese friendly country probably isn't going to soften the blow to chinese markets that much. Wtf

Edited by volkov

Damn, I dont think North Korea could stock enough food on a ship to make it across the Pacific, but even so, the invasion would end at the first Krispy Kreme dog-nuts.

Hollywood will piss off every reasonable faction for money, except for the Chi-Coms, and they are the only ones on the planet actually doing wargames against us, and actively sizing up our infrastructure. Im surprised they didnt try to make it out to be an invasion of the frigging tea party.

The promo pic of the cast looks more like something from High School Musical.

post-4669-0-57027700-1303169866_thumb.jpg

The lameness of this remake is getting ridiculous.

I agree, especially after spying the fella at the lower left in pic(kneeling). I've seen guys hold a newborn less awkwardly than that guy is with that AK.

Who wants to get a pool together as to whether not that idiot is the first to die.

?...I miss Pat Swayze.

Yep! We sure wouldn't want to offend poor Ole China, people in this country need to grow some balls or get the fuck out! :killer:

It's about money, not balls, which is very much the American way. China's movie theaters and DVD/Blu Ray sales represent a very large market for American-made movies. China said the original plot of the Red Dawn remake would not be allowed to be shown there. MGM will regain access to Chinese viewers, earning many multiples of the $1 million it took to "fix" the movie.

Good decision.

I didn't remember there being a token black guy or latino in the first film?

Also, how about making this a little more realistic? North Korea invading mainland USA? gimme a break. How about Mexico invading the USA, and without a shot being fired? Seems a little more scary because it's true.

Well, I'm glad Hollywood is making this politically correct version of an 80's classic for all of us to enjoy. Going on record right now, worst remake of all time. :ded:

Edited by sharkbit
  • Like 1

Yep! We sure wouldn't want to offend poor Ole China, people in this country need to grow some balls or get the fuck out! :killer:

It's about money, not balls, which is very much the American way. China's movie theaters and DVD/Blu Ray sales represent a very large market for American-made movies. China said the original plot of the Red Dawn remake would not be allowed to be shown there. MGM will regain access to Chinese viewers, earning many multiples of the $1 million it took to "fix" the movie.

Good decision.

They would have made plenty of money here the movie capital of the world if they left the picture like it was! Now I doubt it will even be a rental. The same thing was tried on Rob Zombies house of a thousand corpses, Universal want one to live, or they wouldn't release it, saying there should be hope at the end. Rob said it's not the house of 999 corpses, it's the house of a 1000 corpses and everyone dies, so they shelf it but Rob wouldn't back down, like I said BALLS. The movie was a major hit, and so would this have been. Can't offend anyone, WOW the rest of the would is laughing their asses off at the US.

Fuck this movie and the Chink ass kissers putting it out. I won't even watch it when HBO shows it for free. Afraid of pissing off the Chinese... well they know how to kowtow to their overlords don't they?

I'm enjoying kicking PLA ass in "Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising" on my pc every evening now. I'm surprised the Chinese didn't boycott Codemasters too... :lolol:

• Like 1

I thought the original Red Dawn was awesome. Gonna watch it again this weekend to refresh. But... That shot of the cast looks pretty campy... They should have at least shown the cast how to somewhat properly hold a rifle. I hope they don't ruin like they did with the G.I.JOE movie. I grew up with G.I.Joe and am still a collector, but as much as I try I still can't get into the movie. Are those Arsenal ak's they are fumbling?

I get that they altered the movie for the Chinese market. The pre-altered version is done, just not yet marketed. They could have still shown the original Chinese invaders here in the US. That is why the studio has no balls.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Why don't they just make the movie with Muslim Extremists as the invaders..hell, they are already here.. :osama:... :killer:

The Muslimes are much worse than communists because they want to murder us for their satanic allah. Both commies and Muslimes use the same techniques in taking over and being tyrannical and both want us unarmed. I see the Cincinnati area begin to look like the Detroit are with Muslimes all over the place with their bitches wearing the Islamic head dress just to be in our faces.

They even planted an Islamo Marxist in the White House.

I seriously doubt that North Korea could even afford the fuel it would take to get to the US.

The original Red Dawn was so stupid I laughed my ass off at it. Perhaps the new one will be worth seeing someday merely for amusement, as the former was.