conversion using old trigger guard lil help

Doing a conversion on a 308 did one a few weeks ago on a 223 came out nice.

I have 1 day tomorrow to do this with my son i got all the parts we want and screwed the pooch and forgot the trigger gaurd

so gonna use the old one could use some advise on the best way I am all set up w/tools torch welder but i dont think

it's that hard.

Thanx

Tim

you need to be careful wheen taking the old plate and guard off the reciever so as not to bend the guard.the remove the guard and install it on the reciever again with the tabs pointing frrontward into the magrelease and the other screwed or riveted in. i have no screws,rivets or welds holding my trigger housing on and it willl not move. it is being held tightly by the pistol grip.

For what it's worth I would spend the money on a pre modified trigger guard. I tried to re-bend mine to fit the different space between the magwell and pistol grip and I swear they use old armor steel to make these parts. I had put mine in a vise and take a torch to it to get the metal soft enough to bend and it ended up looking funny anyway so I just threw down the money for a kit.

This video has all the info you will need. http://www.youtube.c...=1&feature=fvwp

Great link, thanks! That guy sure knows his stuff. After watching that, when I restore my S12 I'll try to reuse my trigger guard like he did. I can always order a premade one if it doesn't work out. I like how he left the selector stop riveted on when he removed the guard, and when he sheared the spot weld by twisting off the plate. Good stuff. I'll be restoring a .223 and .308 also, so I'll try to apply as much of those techniques as I can.