ammo website for .223 and 7.62x54

I need to buy ammo from somewhere other than wal mart 5 dollar box of tula ammo and ~dr insane-o~ 16 dollars for a new non corrosive mosin ammo 7.62x54r.

Online is cheaper but prices get really high on shipping. So someone tell me of a site with friendly prices and friendly shipping? Or is 20-30 dollar shipping the new norm?

Maybe 500 rounds for 223 and 100 for my mosin. I don't shoot the mosin much it hurts me.

• 2 months later...

I would pay 16 bucks a box for boxer primed, brass cased, reloadable X54R... not more than 4 or 5 boxes, though... then I would have enough brass to last a long time!

That brass goes from 50 cents each to a buck each for the GOOD stuff... so thats not outrageously expensive at 16 bucks a box...

:sm oke:

I would pay 16 bucks a box for boxer primed, brass cased, reloadable X54R... not more than 4 or 5 boxes, though... then I would have enough brass to last a long time!

That brass goes from 50 cents each to a buck each for the GOOD stuff... so thats not outrageously expensive at 16 bucks a box...

:sm oke:

I agree, I have some winchester and wolf gold, maybe 150 pieces of brass. I purchased the laoded ammo for the brass...it is a hell of a lot cheaper than buying the brass alone!

I have enough brass that I wont have any reason to crack open the two spam cans for some time.....plus I can get a bit better acuracy with my rifle!

You're not going to find non-corrosive, reloadable x54R ammo for less than about $16 a box of 20, period. Cabela's can order PRVI Partisan (normally ~$16-$18 a box, bullet weights from 150-200gr), and will sometimes put Sellier&Bellot Match on sale (174gr Sierra Matchkings, found several boxes for ~$18 each a while ago). If you have a Cabela's store anything resembling close to you, order it online and pick it up at the store for free shipping. That's probably the best scam in the firearms world right now.

PRVI ammo is really nice, and they make 150gr softpoints that my PSL likes. Now to see if she will stop beating up brass so I can reload!

I grit my teeth over enough other stuff that I don't want to mess with dinged cases in the reloader, Indy, but thanks for the tip. I may have to start reloading the dinged cases, and I really want to find a load that's a close match to the czech silvertips that Petra (my PSL) *really* loves. Those empties land about 5 feet away, not 50 feet away like Wolf does!