I have contacted the GOA

Well that's a very well crafted anti ATF history newsletter that they emailed you I guess. Did they comment at all on what they plan to do besides not support it? I didn't see anywhere in that conversation about importation of guns into the country, they only reiterate that shotguns with pistol grips are in limbo and may be labeled as destructive devices. Something in my gut says they aren't too concerned about this study judging by those responses.

Edited by setlab

personally i dont think they knew about it. GOA has sent me emails on every tiny thing thats happened, so i would think theyd have sent one on this; i never received one. not to mention he passed this on to his supervisor.

personally i dont think they knew about it. GOA has sent me emails on every tiny thing thats happened, so i would think theyd have sent one on this; i never received one. not to mention he passed this on to his supervisor.

Maybe they did/do know about it and just have the underlining opinion that it is just unAmerican to import guns when they could be manufactured right here in the U.S. Of A! Just a thought!

I have seen precanned letters written by lawyers to send to senators and law makers, is there something like that available now? I'd hate to write a letter to the ATF that was interpreted the wrong way. Conversely, writing a hatemail letter would not do much for the cause either...

I was just writing my letter to the ATF when I realized how they intend to screw us.

"Sporting shotguns are generally no more than 3 inches in width or more than 4 inches in depth. ... The bulk refers to the fully assembled shotgun, but does not include magazines or accessories such as scopes or sights that are used on the shotgun. For both width and depth, shotguns are measured at the widest points of the action or housing on a line that is perpendicular to the center line of the bore. Depth refers to the distance from the top plane of the shotgun to the bottom plane of the shotgun."

I just measured the height from the top of the dust cover to the bottom of the trigger guard on a S-12. It's 4.35". None of the other shotguns I have are over 4".

Measurement is to bottom of reciver, not to the bottom of the trigger guard.

I agree I dont think they are talking about the entire assembled shotgun, then any shotgun with a pistol grip would violate this. I think it only limits the size of the receiver

Yes, I missed that they actually include, in exhibit 5, some examples of what they mean. It's not to the bottom of the trigger guard, but to the bottom of the receiver. The width measurement also doesn't include the charging handle.

I think the pistol grip of a converted S12 would be excluded based on the commentary on criteria 10. I'm unclear how they would measure a shotgun with a magazine well.