Is the Saiga-20 still available?

I prefer a 20 gauge to a 12 for personal reasons. Is the Saiga-20 still available on the US market or did imports cease? All I seem to see now are the Saiga 12 and their prices are sky high. Just curious, if I am too late for this gun.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking for a S20 as well....But I think most

importers are going with the 12 & .410.

I really don't want to pay 5,6,700.00 for any of

the saiga line up.

People say it's because of the week doller.....

like the price will go down when the doller getts

stronger...ya right!

It's basic import-export business. The US dollar is in the toilet right now, Forklift. I'm not sure where you are, but the Canadian Dollar used to be worth about $.90 US (oh, 10 years ago, but it was pretty stable), but now it's worth about $1.15 US. The Yen was consistently about 100 to the dollar, now it's 83 yen to the dollar. This makes imported goods more expensive, but US exports cheaper.

It will take some time for the prices to go back down, since the stock brought in under the weak dollar needs to sell first, and get replaced by stuff that was bought with a stronger dollar (ie, cost RAAC less, which means RAAC charges the dealers less).

Now, I'd bet that prices won't go all the way down to where they used to be before the Obama scare and the Great Recession, but all imported goods have to fight exchange rate fluctuations.

(sorry for the lecture, I'm an International Business major, this is what I deal with all the time!)

Got one recently for $340 from a local dealer. He was selling S12s for $850 which are extremely hard to find here in NY but had the 410 and 20gauges priced at $340. Is the 20gauges that less desirable or has the price of the 12gauges just gone out of control?

Edited by XXasdf

The guy is a FFL and hes located in Grafton, past Lathem if you know where that is. Thing is hes close to retirement and is currently appointment only. PM me for info if you're interested but I'm fairly certain the S20 was the last one he had. I believe he still has .223s, 12s and .308s left.

I can get a S20 if you need one locally.

What is the name of your local shop where you got yours. I'd love to have two 20 gauge saigas. I'd short barrel one while my wife broke the other one in because I think she's ready for an upgrade from the 410 Saiga. Where is Miss.AA though 499.00 is a bit steep but can't find one locally. Thanks guys. If you have a name and number to a local shop please post up or if it's not to much trouble call me at 423 571 0915. I'm in East TN and the S12 is the only thing going right now for about 900 deckout with 12 round drum, Tapco stock, light on pic rail, and front handle. Nice shop called Tricities Gun Depot and can be found on facebook though I hate facebook. Tell Tommy Joe Carr sent you because I've bought alot from there.

I could do 499. I would rather it be 379, especially since I want two.

]

I'm in NC so not too far to ship I;ll take a look(I might part with mine as I haven't touched it since I bought it), if you could get them down to $700 for a S12 bare bones I would buy it.

Edited by fromxtor
  • 1 month later...