Hello all...I converted my 7.62x39 and dropped a Tapco G2 trigger in it. The question I have is that when I shoot a round the next one will not fire. The firing pin does hit the primer but obviosly does not hit it hard enough. I have heard some G2 trigger systems have these problems...just wondering if anyone had the same issue. I thought I would start the troubleshooting here.

Thanks....

did you install the disconnector spring? Did you modify the hammer at all?

I would also make sure nothing in gumming up the firing pin. Just to trouble shoot. I would also make sure the mainspring is installed correctly.

Just a few off the top of my head. Going down the check list with ya.

Edited by Chevyman097

Thanks for the reply...I have been out of the net. I did add the disconnector spring and did not modify the trigger. Everything is clean, I am retired Army so cleaning is at the top off the list. I heard about filing down the hammer??? I shoot a round and the next one does "load", the trigger just won't reset so I have to help it by pushing the trigger forward to fire the next. The wierd thing is the firing pin does hit the primer on the follow up round puts a dent in it...just doesn't hit hard enough.

Ah yes I have heard of the trigger not resetting in that way before. I cant remember right away right now what it was that fixed it. Maybe some one will come along or I will find it in the mean time.

Hammer spring legs not positioned correctly.

Great news today! Last night I filed alittle off the hammer and went to the range today and it worked flawlessly. I punched out the #10 with a clip. The springs were fine, one of the first things I checked. So my assumption is the hammer was out of tolerance, not by much, and needed a few strokes with a file and polished. I am very pleased with the operation of the Saiga along with the accuracey. Thank you for your comments.