How do I zero in the HK sights on extended quad?

Got my quad rail installed it looks great. Wonderful craftsmanship and design. Was hoping to zero-in the sights this weekend using slugs. Just wondering how to go about it. I see the rear sight can be moved left or right with the allen screw I am assuming.........? Does the front sight move up and down with the allen screw? Thanks I cant find my allen wrench to check myself gonna pick one up before I go to the range.

First shoot, then determine which direction you need to go with your front sight. If you need to rise the front up then take a little off the tip of the front sight post, if you need to lower then take a little off, either rail or the gas block, I would take it off the rail. This will cause the front of the rail to come up, be careful as not to remove to much, little amounts at a time.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

What do the settings on the rear sight mean? I guess that each of the numbers designate a particular range, but I am not familiar with HK sights. Could someone please tell me what the numbers on the rear sight signify?

I received my hk sights today and I have the same question.

• 2 months later...

I know I started this thread over a year ago but I never got them zeroed in after many trips to the range.

Everything is shooting high, if it was a little high it would be ok but it is quite a bit high. Which part of the rail are you saying I should remove? I am trying to bring the front sight tip up or the rear sight opening down? Both?

There more for looks bro I slapped a bushnell holo sight on mine and good to go

They're not just for looks although they do dress up the weapon nice, but in certain cases a person may have to work with file fitting them in a little more depending on the weapons tolerances. In many cases people compensate the wrong direction and since these are fixed sights that can be a real pain in the ass to correct. These are intended to be like weld ons, without welding on! Once in place and sighted in you're done.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I understand, Thats why I asked if you have removed any material from the front sight leaf, removing from this area will cause you raise your barrel to acquire your target.

Ahhh good call.... My brain was backwards. Will file it down at the range and see what happens. Thanks