E-TAC Goguns conversion completed by "Jammer"

just wanted to say THANKS to Jammer @ ETAC/goguns. this project took 3-4 years, maybe more, but worth the wait. It could of been sooner but I was too busy with other things, no time for shooting and I personally know Jammer, so i didnt really worry about it. There's alot of crap that can be said about someone or someone's buisness on the internet. Take things for what its worth and do your homework. For those waiting for Jammer to complete your conversion, he's gonna do them and he did not runaway with your saiga's and money!!!

Just a few facts... I've seen his other saiga's that are waiting for conversions and there are not much left. (yes, Im here in Hawaii and was at jammer's shop last weekend). Once conversions are complete, he will being doing other contract work and will not be taking in any new conversions "at this time". His website was attacked and that is why it's not up and running and you get the gaspedal site. He is a one man operation, so gunsmith to cnc programing of machine work is done by him. All I can say is that there are other factors that he has no control of at this time.

Saiga3.jpg

Saiga2.jpg

Saiga1.jpg

• Like 3

I don't know man, 3-4 years to convert a gun? And it doesn't look all that impressive. 3-4 months tops and I would want my fucking gun back. 3-4 years is more like a college education or an engagement. My gunsmith just had my S12 for duracoating, flash hider install, and rear trunnion rivet pressing for less than a week and I was antsy to get it back.

Edited by jamesmadison
  • Like 1

I don't know man, 3-4 years to convert a gun? And it doesn't look all that impressive. 3-4 months tops and I would want my fucking gun back. 3-4 years is more like a college education or an engagement. My gunsmith just had my S12 for duracoating, flash hider install, and rear trunnion rivet pressing for less than a week and I was antsy to get it back.

I agree, I did mine in 3 HOURS and it eats everything I feed it...

Edit: 3 hours includes going to the store to get paint, and then painting the weapon and letting it dry before re-assembly... :haha:

Edit again: Cobra's post made me go back and look at it again, I think the camo made me miss all of the little details. I couldn't have done all of those details in that amount of time. Three years is still a little long but I gotta say that I really like the extended mag release, the sights, and I completely missed that it was a folding stock.

Nice gun bro!

Edited by Caged

"worth the wait. It could of been sooner but I was too busy with other things"

What more needs to be said?

This is one man's post who has the right to be patient if he wants to.

First off, I think it's uncalled for, for anyone to tell someone else "there's nothing special", or their conversion is not impressive.... sorry but that's just fucking rude.

• Like 9

All comes to he who waits. ETAC guns are outstanding. The Lavashield alone is the best finish I have ever seen. I use my ETAC out in the Aluetian Chain. Everything out there is eaten alive by corrosion. My ETAC is spotless to this day and it has seen years of use goose hunting. This example is really great looking. I especially like the camo (wished I had that).

First off, I think it's uncalled for, for anyone to tell someone else "there's nothing special", or their conversion is not impressive.... sorry but that's just fucking rude.

So someone being honest, and giving their personal opinion is being rude? What is rude is someone (you) getting mad at someone who is giving their opinion on something the OP posted. If the OP is offended then the OP can say he thinks it's rude. What is it with people in America today getting all butthurt over shit they aren't even involved in? To me, it takes a special kind of arrogance to get mad on the behalf of someone who didn't ask you to get mad for them. OP posted a pic expecting feedback. One guy didn't like it.

I agree with the other guy, it's a nice gun, but it isn't anywhere near as sweet as what i imagine could be done with a gun in 3 or 4 years time. That isn't patients. It's something...but it isn't patients....

• Like 7

I was not aware that this forum was some kind of utopia where everyone finishes in first place and criticism is forbidden. If someone wants to post pics of their gun on here they should be ready to take the good with the bad. I didn't say that gun was a total POS, it's just not my thing. After 3-4 years the damned thing should be gold plated! I prefer the more clean, simple, original Russian AK look, that's all. I have that GoGun trigger guard and I am definitely interested in that mag release extension.

post-26746-0-91381800-1303621989_thumb.jpg

Edited by jamesmadison
  • Like 1

The gun itself looks good to me. But 4 years for a conversion?!? That just seems outrageous, IMO. But hey, it's your gun, and if the wait didn't bother you, then great.

I just can't imagine any plausible reason for a 4 year turn-around on a seemingly basic conversion. :unsure:

On the plus side, I guess if one decides to go with E-Tac, you can enter the adventure being a broke man.............and just save up change you find on the ground for 4 years to pay for the conversion when it's done, lol.

The gun itself looks good to me. But 4 years for a conversion?!? That just seems outrageous, IMO. But hey, it's your gun, and if the wait didn't bother you, then great.

I just can't imagine any plausible reason for a 4 year turn-around on a seemingly basic conversion. :unsure:

On the plus side, I guess if one decides to go with E-Tac, you can enter the adventure being a broke man.............and just save up change you find on the ground for 4 years to pay for the conversion when it's done, lol.

Shooter,

Guess it takes that long of the camo to grow....

I have just as much right to speak my opinion as any of you other shitheads, so you can kiss my ass if you don't like it. If the OP didn't mind exercising some "PATIENCE" and letting Etac take care of whatever it is he had to do for all that time, then why should you cry about it? Everyone wants to be a judge these days... I happen to know a real judge who also waited a long time for his Etac conversion. I don't see him here crying about someone else's wait time.

• Like 3

A business member calling forum members shitheads and telling them to kiss my ass? That's very professional, and mature.

I have just as much right to speak my opinion as any of you other shitheads, so you can kiss my ass if you don't like it. If the OP didn't mind exercising some "PATIENCE" and letting Etac take care of whatever it is he had to do for all that time, then why should you cry about it? Everyone wants to be a judge these days... I happen to know a real judge who also waited a long time for his Etac conversion. I don't see him here crying about someone else's wait time.

Edited by jamesmadison
I just can't imagine any plausible reason for a 4 year turn-around on a seemingly basic conversion.

I can, but we don't know the details of what did go down to really comment on it appropriately. For all we know he could have said, hey I'm going out of country for a couple of years, just hold onto it for me and I'll tell you what I need done when I get back. Turbo-j is happy with it, so at least for him there is no issue. I know I've started projects for friends of mine, where they changed thier preferences and lost the need for the goods, so the project was abandoned unfinished...but if they changed thier mind again in the future I could always go back and start working on it again, which would suddenly make it a multi-year project that shouldn't have been just like this.

On the other hand, if this was a simple and standard drop the weapon off for the work being done and it took 4 years to get back then I agree that is rediculously long.

• Like 1
If someone wants to post pics of their gun on here they should be ready to take the good with the bad.

James, you're right..this is the internet and everyone is entitled to say whatever they want....either you're bragging or complaining...

yes, nothing special about this conversion...just an etac conversion...no gold plated, no one off parts, not a limited 1 of 2 exclusive conversion...just a simple conversion that i had no problem waiting for....

ok maybe i should have restated the 3-4 year deal, i just picked it up last weekend and did not say it was done recently. It was probably done 2+ years ago, and during that time i had no intentions of shooting due to other priorities in life. I also knew where Jam was and knew how to find him, so it was never a issue of "what if" he took my saiga and money and left town. Jam started his buisness over 2 years ago and those who own their own buisness knows the ups and downs that come with starting something new. He was getting slammed with conversions, so i told him no rush for mines and I can wait. Please understand that here in Hawaii, our gun laws suck. The one and only public shooting range here on Oahu, wont even let u load more than 5 rounds in mag, NO rapid fire and limited range hours where people have to come a few hours before they open just to shoot. So unless you shoot on private property, you can never dump a mag from a saiga and have "fun" with it. So last weekend out of the blue, I just called Jam up and went to pick up my saiga.

IF i didnt know Jam on a personal level, than yes i would be outrage with the time delay on saiga conversions that some people have experienced. Jam even admits that his deadline for projects can be totally wrong. but I like I said before, there are things that he has no control of. I am totally satisfied with Jam's conversion. If you cant wait for your conversions than there are others here that will do the conversion for you.

just a side note...we all know magpul, right.. here's jam's work...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=335620

Be Safe!!!

• Like 2

If it shoots reliably and you like it, then nothing else matters. I meant no ill will by saying it was unimpressive, it's just not for me. I didn't mean to start a pissing contest. I wish you many happy shoots with it.

If someone wants to post pics of their gun on here they should be ready to take the good with the bad.

James, you're right..this is the internet and everyone is entitled to say whatever they want....either you're bragging or complaining...

yes, nothing special about this conversion...just an etac conversion...no gold plated, no one off parts, not a limited 1 of 2 exclusive conversion...just a simple conversion that i had no problem waiting for....

ok maybe i should have restated the 3-4 year deal, i just picked it up last weekend and did not say it was done recently. It was probably done 2+ years ago, and during that time i had no intentions of shooting due to other priorities in life. I also knew where Jam was and knew how to find him, so it was never a issue of "what if" he took my saiga and money and left town. Jam started his buisness over 2 years ago and those who own their own buisness knows the ups and downs that come with starting something new. He was getting slammed with conversions, so i told him no rush for mines and I can wait. Please understand that here in Hawaii, our gun laws suck. The one and only public shooting range here on Oahu, wont even let u load more than 5 rounds in mag, NO rapid fire and limited range hours where people have to come a few hours before they open just to shoot. So unless you shoot on private property, you can never dump a mag from a saiga and have "fun" with it. So last weekend out of the blue, I just called Jam up and went to pick up my saiga.

IF i didnt know Jam on a personal level, than yes i would be outrage with the time delay on saiga conversions that some people have experienced. Jam even admits that his deadline for projects can be totally wrong. but I like I said before, there are things that he has no control of. I am totally satisfied with Jam's conversion. If you cant wait for your conversions than there are others here that will do the conversion for you.

just a side note...we all know magpul, right.. here's jam's work...

http://www.calguns.n...ad.php?t=335620

Be Safe!!!

I have just as much right to speak my opinion as any of you other shitheads, so you can kiss my ass if you don't like it.

Damn, Cobra...that's some funny shit right there.

Yeah I thought it was right funny at the time too Tony. Now I wish I could take it back almost. I'm just damned sick and tired of all the friggin vendor bashing around here, whether Etac deserves it or not. Hell Max even gave these guys their own little "special" section for them to go and do that. There's also the feedback section where it actually belongs. I think it sucks that this guy couldn't even post pics of his new gun he's proud to own, and perfectly fine with having had to wait that long (because he obviously knows some things all these Etac bashers don't, and maybe it was enough for him at least, to excuse that ridiculously long time he had to wait...) without all the same shit getting started right back up again and negative comments even made about his weapon. People here didn't used to be rude like that. You know this as well as me.

Enough negativity and bashing already...geez!

Happy Easter

• Like 1

A business member calling forum members shitheads and telling them to kiss my ass? That's very professional, and mature.

So he's wrong for speaking up about people bashing this guy's gun, and now he's wrong for speaking his honest opinion yet you advocate people being honest?

Make up your mind already, you flip-flop more than the damn President!

Cobra and I have already hashed this out via PM. I was only questioning why he felt the need to take this to the level of name calling. I went to delete what I posted but it was too late. I have done business with Cobra before and he is a stand up business man. I would have no problem doing business with him again.

So he's wrong for speaking up about people bashing this guy's gun, and now he's wrong for speaking his honest opinion yet you advocate people being honest?

Make up your mind already, you flip-flop more than the damn President!

• Like 1

I was not aware that this forum was some kind of utopia where everyone finishes in first place and criticism is forbidden. If someone wants to post pics of their gun on here they should be ready to take the good with the bad. I didn't say that gun was a total POS, it's just not my thing. After 3-4 years the damned thing should be gold plated! I prefer the more clean, simple, original Russian AK look, that's all. I have that GoGun trigger guard and I am definitely interested in that mag release extension.

Not to hijack, but....

Do you mind posting a pic of how the poly stock was modded to catch the front latch? I am considering installing a folder trunnion and a poly stock on my newer S12.

Send that pic via IM if you do not think it would be appropriate to do so here. Seems that there is a bit of controversy over the subject matter anyways.

OP, there is no way that I would wait that long for any kind of work. I know you said you didn't mind because you guys are friends or whatever, but you are certainly the exception here. I'd better be getting the work for free and it should arrive with a perfectly fitted Russian AK100 folder on it if I wait that long.

• 3 weeks later...

Could you do me a favor and stop by his shop and see how my build is going? I am serious :-)

just wanted to say THANKS to Jammer @ ETAC/goguns. this project took 3-4 years, maybe more, but worth the wait. It could of been sooner but I was too busy with other things, no time for shooting and I personally know Jammer, so i didnt really worry about it. There's alot of crap that can be said about someone or someone's buisness on the internet. Take things for what its worth and do your homework. For those waiting for Jammer to complete your conversion, he's gonna do them and he did not runaway with your saiga's and money!!!

Just a few facts... I've seen his other saiga's that are waiting for conversions and there are not much left. (yes, Im here in Hawaii and was at jammer's shop last weekend). Once conversions are complete, he will being doing other contract work and will not be taking in any new conversions "at this time". His website was attacked and that is why it's not up and running and you get the gaspedal site. He is a one man operation, so gunsmith to cnc programing of machine work is done by him. All I can say is that there are other factors that he has no control of at this time.