Tac47 Autoplug

Looks like it would extend past the gasblock enough to cause issues with some tri and quad rail systems no?

I don't really see it interfering with a rail system. Any rail system which would be a problem for the auto plug would also be a problem for the factory plug. Notice rail systems always stop just short of the gas plug, they can't cover that area because you need access to it to be depress the button and use your tool to remove the factory plug for regular cleaning. Now, since the auto plug does stick out more than the factory plug, it may interfere with some longer barrel shrouds or similar.

My Auto Plug is a good 3 inches under the rail since I moved my gas block back. I have the Titan rail. It does blow gunk onto the inside of the rail though. It does not impede function of the plug.

Just before this thread started I discovered the Autoplug and ordered one...which came today. My gun has 3 fully exposed and unaltered ports; the MD booster puck failed to get it to cycle Federal bulk pack but I got there by profiling the hammer and bolt prior to installing the auto plug.

It took about six rounds to get the plug set, and only because I recalled the direction to set it in reverse and was going the wrong way the first adjustment (when the bolt didn't even move I figured it out!). Then I dumped a 5-rd mag of Federal bulk pack with no issues. Then I dropped in a 3-in turkey load and the empty hull landed within a foot of the others.

I have an MD v-plug I wish I could compare but it didn't thread in right so I can't say what difference there is....but it's sure nice not having to think about what setting to put it on.

they say its not designed for 3'' mag rounds. does anyone shoot 3''s regularly with this plug and starting to have problems? or do morst people swap back and forth to another plug for 3''?

I quit using 3" shells personally.... I think it will extend the life of the gun, and God knows what the future will be as far as replacement parts and such for the Saiga shottys

they say its not designed for 3'' mag rounds. does anyone shoot 3''s regularly with this plug and starting to have problems? or do morst people swap back and forth to another plug for 3''?

I quit using 3" shells personally.... I think it will extend the life of the gun, and God knows what the future will be as far as replacement parts and such for the Saiga shottys

I fired a single 3in round with it yesterday to pattern the gun, and if I am lucky I will fire one more tomorrow at a turkey. I don't think a handful of 3in rounds per year will have a significant effect on it. If I was going to fire a lot I'd throw the factory plug back in on setting 1 I guess.

For all I know, a 3in shell may be harder on the plug but easier on the gun than the factory plug due to the gas venting.

• 2 weeks later...

The Auto Plug works like a dream if you have a gun that has plenty of gas to start with. If your putting it in a gun that will barely cycle what you want to shoot to begin with then your not going to be happy with a new plug. I love my Auto Plug and would recomend it to anyone with a solid working gun.

From time to time you have to tighten the spring

Is your loosening up or is the spring getting weaker? Mine would loosen up on its own until I put some lock tite on it. Now it doesnt budge.

Very true if your gun cycles low brass already then the autoplug is for you, if not try their standard plug it actually was the first to increase gas delivered in the lowest setting to help guns with cycling issues. For the life of me I don't know why more people aren't using the autoplug!

Well that's a shame....the 3" shells are the most fun! Nothing like a huge flame or cloud of smoke! Frankly, so long as everything's set up properly, I don't think regular use of 3" shells should be an issue. If my gun falls apart from using magnum loads, that probably means I got more than my fair share of use out of it. I have a lot of faith in this firearm.

I just like big booms. And devastation downrange. I use a lot of 3" and a fair amount of 3 1/2" through my 870 supermagnum. So far I have no flinch and my shoulders fine. If the autoplug can't handle 3" magnums, then its not for me. It would be awesome if someone made a auto gas plug or system that could take anything from birdshot to 3" magnums. I'd pay 100$ for somthing that freaking useful. It would be a huge upgrade.

Im having trouble installing my auto-plug,it only starts about a half a turn,then it gets real tight..Also the knurled part of the plug is rubbing agianst the barrel when I try and tighten it..Anybody had this issue? Here are some pics to show what Im talking about..The plug came with no directions,no manual,no cleaning instructions,no nothing..But the stock plug will come out,go in no problem..Any advice?!?!

saiga122.jpg

saiga123.jpg

Im having trouble installing my auto-plug,it only starts about a half a turn,then it gets real tight..Also the knurled part of the plug is rubbing agianst the barrel when I try and tighten it..Anybody had this issue? Here are some pics to show what Im talking about..The plug came with no directions,no manual,no cleaning instructions,no nothing..But the stock plug will come out,go in no problem..Any advice?!?!

saiga122.jpg

saiga123.jpg

Your instructions are here https://acrobat.com/app.html#d=Xu2SFVTAcqJDf8D8LS9ltw

It looks like you may have cross-threaded it. Call TAC-47 if you continue to have problems after reading the directions. I have two of them installed and they work great!

Mine was the same way...

Although my factory plug would also rub the barrel upon installation...so I knew this one would.

Mine does thread in (knowing it isnt cross threaded) a bit, then it gets tight and rubs the bbl. A few turns with some taped pliers to get past the "hump"..and it threaded right on in after that. Hope that helps. GL!

Given the tolerences the guns are machined to, it wouldn't suprise me that the gas block itself were a bit canted causeing them to thread in at a bit of an angle... if thats the case then yes, once you get to the midway point, it should free up a bit and tighten in NP, problem is, if it IS trying to crossthread, by time you realise its not just a canted block, your boned... proceed with caution and if unable to determine yourself if its a crossthread or canting issue.. fall back on a professional. Better to pay someone a little something as a shop fee than try and replace that front block after you destroy the threads and can't get ANY plug back in.

YMMV

• 2 weeks later...

You can order it from TAC47, but not by phone. You must use their website. Keith explained that they have security measures in place to protect the customer. I ordered it with standard shipping and, including holiday, it was less than a week. Good customer service also.

I ordered mine on Thursday before Memorial Day and it arrived the day after Memorial day. That's five days including a Sunday and a Holiday. Talk about fast. No I am trying to find the time to get to the range and get it adjusted to my S12.

I did not have any issues threading it into my gas block. You do have to go through the instructions as they are very straight forward on what to do. Had I not followed them, I would have have the same issues.

S12 converted

Polished internals

25% reduced power hammer spring

3 unobstructed gas ports

KA gas puck

Broken in with 400+ slugs and 00 Buck.

MD20

ProMag 12

SF 10s & 8s

AGP 10s