Very nice.

But the problem with fortresses is that the harder they are to get into, the harder they are to get out of, lol. Can we say Massada?

I would love to check out the design spec though. It is pretty cool.

Concrete and steel would seem to be cheaper than wood in the long run. How expensive is sand and gravel? Rebar isn't terribly expensive either. Imagine the fire safety, disaster safety, storms.. zombies...

DUDE! That's where I'm a viking! (in the wise words of Ralph Wiggum). Went to college for awhile for architectural CAD and the professors could never understand why I refused to build homes out of wood. The advances in concrete work are NUTS! I helped build an under ground dome home out in CO and have got to say that's my dream home!

In MI of course....with an attached light house....and an attached greenhouse...and hanger...and a OK, OK I'll stop :lolol:

Concrete and steel would seem to be cheaper than wood in the long run. How expensive is sand and gravel? Rebar isn't terribly expensive either. Imagine the fire safety, disaster safety, storms.. zombies...

DUDE! That's where I'm a viking! (in the wise words of Ralph Wiggum). Went to college for awhile for architectural CAD and the professors could never understand why I refused to build homes out of wood. The advances in concrete work are NUTS! I helped build an under ground dome home out in CO and have got to say that's my dream home!

In MI of course....with an attached light house....and an attached greenhouse...and hanger...and a OK, OK I'll stop :lolol:

I love the Concrete domes. They'll stand up to most anything if the mix is done right and not skimped on. Gotta watch those contractors. I always wanted to build one under the hill of a Motte and Bailey hill fort. :lolol:

I love the Concrete domes. They'll stand up to most anything if the mix is done right and not skimped on. Gotta watch those contractors. I always wanted to build one under the hill of a Motte and Bailey hill fort. :lolol:

I'm just excited some else knows what a Motte and Bailey castle is :super:

I'm just excited some else knows what a Motte and Bailey castle is :super:

Old School

motte%252Band%252Bbailey%252Bcastle.JPG

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Got any links or pics? Domme houses have always been my favorites since I was a kid, and when I was an adult, they were they only houses left standing in Galveston after a Hurricane - nothing for the wind to catch on.

Coolest house of all time, google Cave House. Located in Festus MO. Used to be a skating rink, then an arena for Rock bands and stuff. Located in the middle of the town, with a canyon view, walk up and you are down town. You will not find a cooler house in all of the USA. It is fantastic. It was EBay for awhile, don't know if it sold or not. Just damn killer. Tina Turner and even Ted Nugent played there. It fucking rocks. Someone who knows how - please post links/pics.

It's cool and everything but I think having a house like this tends to paint a target on you, too. If I had that kind of money to play around with I would have a normal house with an underground bunker underneath, or nearby and connected by a tunnel.

Edited by DogMan