Saiga 12 IZ-109BHO follower mods

Been looking through old posts for info on how to make U.S. mags work with the factory IZ-109BHO and still have the BHO feature. One member said he did it to mags and drums, but didn't give any if on how he did it?

Does any of the vendors provide this sevice? I'm sure I could do it myself, if I seen some pics of how it's done.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by ARMOR

He's talking about the factory lrbho

Yes, you are correct. It's for the Saiga 12 IZ-109BHO

I want to use U.S. mags and still have the use of the "factory IZ-109 bolt hold open".

Edited by ARMOR

It's a lot more involved than just shaving the followers. Here's another thread where we were talking about it.... http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/65830-saiga-12-factory-lrbho-problems/page__pid__634743#entry634743

The mag that came with your gun will LRBHO due to the taller follower. The standard mags will not LRBHO and furthermore you need to dremmel out a clearance for the LRBHO's "beak" on the back top and inside of them to allow the bolt to close and work at all. Not a big deal, just go slow and keep checking your work.

I got it now. i just needed one to look at. I didn't realize the follower was the same height in both mags. Cobra's info was what I needed. Don't know how I found the thread about Raleigh Saiga doing his mods, but missed this one?

Thank again for the help!