My .308 sight issue

I have had this rifle for a few months and only shot it twice. When I was cleaning it I realized the front sight seemed to be leaning to the left. I can still aim and it seems straight when I hold it up to fire though. Is this normal? How can I fix it. Any body else have/had this? Are they all like this? I havent been able to find these locally anymore so I cant compare. Let me know. Thanks in advance :)

I have had this rifle for a few months and only shot it twice. When I was cleaning it I realized the front sight seemed to be leaning to the left. I can still aim and it seems straight when I hold it up to fire though. Is this normal? How can I fix it. Any body else have/had this? Are they all like this? I havent been able to find these locally anymore so I cant compare. Let me know. Thanks in advance :)

When a front sight is not vertical in relationship to the barrel it is said to be canted. It is not uncommon in these type of rifles. It depends on how much it is canted and what exactly is wrong as to what is required to remedy the situation.

Would it be possible for you to post some pictures of your front sight showing the problem ?

Sounds like a good excuse to get the barrel threaded. The gunsmith - and I would pick one accustomed to working with Saigas - can move back the sight tower and correct the cant.

I dont think I can have the threaded barrel here in CA. I will post some pics tonight when I get home from work

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_California

It appears that threaded barrels are No-Nos on pistols, but not rifles. Also a flash suppressor appears to be out, but not a muzzle brake.

Anyhow, you might want to do some more research to make absolutely sure.