Came upon this deal on SlickGuns.com. Classic Arms is offering these very nice looking, shiny, hard chromed Yugo M57s for $270. The mags that they come with are chromed too! I kind of want one. These Yugo Toks are fun as hell. My buddy and I blasted thousands of Polish Surplus rounds through ours over the past couple of weeks, just abusing the hell out of them! It's been some of the best fun with guns that we ever had!

• Like 1

Very nice. As long as the chrome holds up. I love my M57. Wish I would have picked up an extra one from JG and 4 more cans of ammo before it dried up and doubled in price. :unsure:

chrome-m57.jpg

Edited by KC913

OMG! J&G ran out of Polish suprlus Tok rounds?!? Man, this suck. My buddy, in particular, is not going to be happy about it, since he's been blasting through his three spam cans like a madman.

Yep. I was bummed about it too when I went to order 4 more cans and they were gone. Now they're going for $130 to $180 per can. $90.00 was such a nice price. :cryss:

I called Classic Arms and was informed that they are actually more of a brushed stainless chrome finish than a bright nickel finish. This pleases me. I just ordered one. Will post pics when I pick it up. :angel:

• Like 1

I've seen a few of the hard-chromed guns sold by Classic Arms, and bought a leftover chromed AK mag for them just for the hell of it. The floorplate looks like brushed stainless, and the sides look like they're crappily spray-painted silver. On the Yugo underfolder I saw, different parts of the gun took the finish differently. Mostly they look like brushed stainless, with a few places (including the RSB) that almost looked like galvanized steel - more gray than silver. Hard chrome produces a much different finish from the way they chrome vehicle parts - pretty sure that process involves a layer of copper, a layer of (nickel maybe?), and finally the layer of chrome. Hard chrome tends to be a little flatter and not as blingy. Je prefer.

I'll post pics when I get mine too. I recently received my second regular M57. My first one was from J&G and this one from Classic Arms. I paid for hand select, but the condition is kind of meh compared to my first gun and my friend's three guns. Not bad, by any means, but noticeably worse. I'm hoping that someone will import more surplus ammo soon.

I'll post pics when I get mine too. I recently received my second regular M57. My first one was from J&G and this one from Classic Arms. I paid for hand select, but the condition is kind of meh compared to my first gun and my friend's three guns. Not bad, by any means, but noticeably worse. I'm hoping that someone will import more surplus ammo soon.

Now if KeepShooting.com would offer another group buy on their CZ-52 magazines for $12.00 I could stock up on plenty of magazines for both M57 pistols. :cryss:

Would be nice if they did another run of them with the notch pre-cut for mag catch to function in both the CZ-52 and M57. Sure they would sell a shitload of them.

Edited by KC913

howdy KC...

former missouri boy thats been following this thread..

i've been thinking about getting another M57, in chrome, from classic arms.

(got one from J&G a few months ago and love it!)

not a big fan of 'silver' guns but the durability aspect has me intrigued. did you get yours back?

any pictures and how's the quality?

doug

Edited by yournewmom

When did you order yours, SpetsnazGRU? Mine still isn't here. :unsure:

Edit to add: Looks like your front sight is a little off as well. Did it ship like that or did you adjust it yourself?

Edited by KC913

When did you order yours, SpetsnazGRU? Mine still isn't here. :unsure:

Edit to add: Looks like your front sight is a little off as well. Did it ship like that or did you adjust it yourself?

Just noticed it last night. It came like that. I think I ordered mine on the day of my original post or the day after that.

Picked mine up today. Beautiful. Almost makes me want to sell my blued M57 and pick up another hard chromed. Sights were also off on mine. No biggie. This one actually has more stampings on it than my blued one, which I dig. Great deal for $279.00. I also picked up the $10.00 UTG holster when I placed my order. Decent little "tactical" holster. Nothing to use for daily carry.

Couple quick pics:

post-7122-0-86389300-1305646982_thumb.jpg

post-7122-0-81999000-1305647561_thumb.jpg

post-7122-0-10117900-1305647564_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

are the safeties reliable on these, like good enough to carry cocked and locked? Also any thumbbreak holsters for carry?

The safeties are the best that you will find on any Tok, but I still wouldn't trust them with my life. I'd carry this half-cocked. Not sure about the holsters. Sorry.

are the safeties reliable on these, like good enough to carry cocked and locked? Also any thumbbreak holsters for carry?

Safeties on both of mine function perfect. I've test fitted my M57 in a few different full size 1911 holsters and they seem to fit fine. They're slightly thinner than a 1911, though, so an adjustable holster is ideal. A 1911 thumb break would probably work since the adjustable strap would keep it secure. I'm impressed with the cheap $10.00 UTG holster I ordered with it. I never really buy UTG stuff, but, it will serve it's purpose. May order a couple more since they're so cheap. :up:

Just got an email from KeepShooting.com with a coupon code for 20% off. Perfect time to get more CZ-52 magazines for the M57. Comes out to $17.00 each shipped for 7 or more. Might have to pick up a few more of their Saiga 12 magazines as well. :angel:

If anyone else is interested, the coupon code is may2011

Edited by KC913
  • Like 1

so I Got a couple m-57's coming today, and am looking at ammo now.... should I wait to buy a lot of it untill more is imported? ive heard the prices go up and down alot depending on when new shipments come in. IS there likely to be a significant price drop/new shipment soon? everything seems to be over 0.32 a rnd with shipping fight now... is that normal? high? seems slightly high for surplus. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

nice pictures guys.

what are you using to plug your safety holes with?

i found some plastic plugs at the hardware store for my standard M57 but love to copy you both for when i get a chromed one..

doug

I actually kept the safeties on my M57s. They work fine for me and don't interfere with anything.