Photo
- - - - -

what gives? i got called for an extended warranty for my saiga"?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 intercooler

intercooler

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:49 PM

i ordered a s12 from you guys on friday, and today i got a call from a nice lady asking me to buy a Insurance? what is up with that?

#2 KC913

KC913

The Tin Man

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:33 PM

Who imported / is importing the one you purchased? The importer may provide their own warranty service. Though, depending on the cost, if it isn't too pricey, it may be worth getting a warranty through Tac 47. Probably get better and quicker service.
>> WTB: Arsenal SLR-107UR, 7.62x25 ammo and magazines for: 1911 Govt., P22, 10/22, Yugo M57, CZ52

#3 intercooler

intercooler

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:54 PM

it was a shipping INSURANCE...whatever thet is, i was at work and could not really talk about it.
I have never heard of a shipping warranty?

#4 KC913

KC913

The Tin Man

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:55 PM

Shipping warranty? Maybe insurance. That's usually included in the price of shipping on any firearm. Or it has been from any of my experiences.
>> WTB: Arsenal SLR-107UR, 7.62x25 ammo and magazines for: 1911 Govt., P22, 10/22, Yugo M57, CZ52

#5 intercooler

intercooler

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:58 PM

see, that is what i thought, i asked was it insurance and she said specifically that it was a INSURANCE.... i did not understand because if i PAID nearly $ 20 in shipping, it should be insured (i work in a place that ships stuff so i am familiar with all that) for the appropriate value.

#6 Odd Man Out

Odd Man Out

Kicked off the dust...

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:38 PM

I have two S-12's on order -- got the same call today -- it was for SHIPPING insurance. $9.00 right?

Hey, broke my cherry -- first post!

Edited by Odd Man Out, 02 May 2011 - 09:39 PM.

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Matthew" 10:33

#7 intercooler

intercooler

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:40 PM

i was told it was a Insurance...i specifically asked about it being insurance...she said no, it was their shipping Insurance.

#8 Odd Man Out

Odd Man Out

Kicked off the dust...

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:49 PM

i was told it was a warranty...i specifically asked about it being insurance...she said no, it was their shipping warranty.

"warranty" on shipping sounds like a gaurantee to me -- insurance is a way to gaurantee that shipping goes off without a hitch -- or to fix it if it does...
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Matthew" 10:33

#9 tritium

tritium

Top Member

• Super Moderator
  • 6,584 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:50 AM

I was asked about shipping insurance.
A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
- Sigmund Freud (or not)
The indiscriminate use of vulgar language is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate motherf**ker.
-Anonymous
Complexity is easy; simplicity is difficult.
-Georgy Shpagin, mentor to M. Kalashnikov
Peace is that brief, glorious, quiet moment in history when everybody is standing around reloading.
-Anonymous

"Yes, Officer, I was trying to burn my house down.... Why do you ask ?"

#10 TAC 47 INDUSTRIES

TAC 47 INDUSTRIES

Citizen

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:53 PM

Its Shipping insurance, If you did not purchase insurance, on your gun, we called you to let you know that there is insurance and if you would like you can purhcase the insurance. If you dont purchase the insurance you gun will be shipped with no insurance, at the exact cost your item Check out at, However will not be guarantted by shipping insurance. No firearms will be shipped USPS, all guns will go regardless of what you selected UPS. If you want insurance then Opt for it. It is a mistake on our part for not disabling the USPS option on the shotgun.

#11 TAC 47 INDUSTRIES

TAC 47 INDUSTRIES

Citizen

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:16 PM

small edits for some humor.... :haha:

#12 intercooler

intercooler

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:47 PM

ok, i cancelled my order...no edit for humor needed

I will order one in a month or so

Edited by intercooler, 03 May 2011 - 02:59 PM.

#13 TAC 47 INDUSTRIES

TAC 47 INDUSTRIES

Citizen

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:14 PM

To All Who read this, We will not and do not ship firearms thru United States Postal Service. If you Checked USPS "which was a mistaken option on our part" You will get a call, at that time you can opt for shipping insurance, and your gun will be shipped UPS. END OF STORY no guns will be shipped USPS. :super:

#14 jjohnnn

jjohnnn

• 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:17 PM

When are the guns going to start shipping?

I tried to call you, got voicemail so I left a message with my contact info. I still havent heard anything from you.
I placed an order and paid for it a couple of weeks ago, but when I looked at the status of my order it's still listed as pending on your website...

#15 TAC 47 INDUSTRIES

TAC 47 INDUSTRIES

Citizen

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:09 PM

Shotguns are shipping. You should have received an update email yesterday, and someone is calling to confirm and verify shipping, and ffl information.

#16 jjohnnn

jjohnnn

• 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:31 AM

Shotguns are shipping. You should have received an update email yesterday, and someone is calling to confirm and verify shipping, and ffl information.

I did not receive an email. I didn't get a phone call.

I placed the order on 4/18/11. You charged my credit card on 4/20/11.

I gave you my FFL's Name, Address and Phone number a second time. My FFL sent you guys a copy of his liscense.

Whats the hold up? What do we need to do to get this resolved?

#17 GREYSTAR

GREYSTAR

• 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:24 PM

Hmmmm...I have sent several E-mails also and have gotten no answer. I purchased two S-12 4/21 and my card was also charged, and FFL info was sent. But "still pending" is what my order status says. No phone call to me either.Hope it ships soon.

#18 ngesar

ngesar

• 6 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:37 PM

I ordered mine on 4/18 and got a call today to confirm shipping insurance/FFL info. Sounds like they are processing them in order and once you get a call your order is going to get out at the end of that day or the next morning. Just guessing from my experience

#19 TAC 47 INDUSTRIES

TAC 47 INDUSTRIES

Citizen

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:46 PM

Alot of our customers Sent random FFL info to us, and did not reference there order number let alone there name. We have been sorting and packaging guns and matching FFLs to customers for 3 days. Your gun will ship very soon be patient and every will have what they have ordered. Thanks

#20 TAC 47 INDUSTRIES

TAC 47 INDUSTRIES

Citizen

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:48 PM

Hmmmm...I have sent several E-mails also and have gotten no answer. I purchased two S-12 4/21 and my card was also charged, and FFL info was sent. But "still pending" is what my order status says. No phone call to me either.Hope it ships soon.

Grey Star,

I appoligize if the your email has not be responded to we try to get to them, sometimes they get lost in the fray.

#21 bigjmn

bigjmn

• 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:40 PM

Same here. Got my call Monday. Patiently/impatiently waiting on my 1st saiga. Keep checking my e-mail waiting for its been shiped.

#22 TonyRumore

TonyRumore

TonyRumore

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,302 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:58 PM

Alot of our customers Sent random FFL info to us, and did not reference there order number let alone there name. We have been sorting and packaging guns and matching FFLs to customers for 3 days. Your gun will ship very soon be patient and every will have what they have ordered. Thanks

This is a SERIOUS problem in the industry. If the FFL sender does not put your name on the FFL, or reference any order number, there is no way of knowing who's order it goes to, and it is a complete waste of everyone's time. I don't expect the customer to know this tidbit of info, but your local dealer is a complete fucking dumbass if he doesn't know any better than to send an orphan FFL.

Tony
Posted Image
Click here for the Tromix site!

You don't have to be good to succeed.....just better than everyone else.

#23 5-0

5-0

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:10 AM

I've ordered 2 s12's from Tac 47 and also am still waiting for them to be shipped. Sounds like they are getting overwhelmed with the number of orders, communication is not very good. Other dealers that I have dealt with keep dealer FFL's on file as approved for them to ship to. As long as they have them on file why do they need need to match the FFL license to a specific customer? Keep a list of FFL dealers as their FFL licenses come in, and as the orders come in requesting the guns be sent to a certain dealer, check the list and ship it off. Isn't verifying that the gun is being shipped to a FFL dealer what its all about? Pardon my ignorance if that is not the way it works.

Impact Guns in Utah is one dealer that I use and works this way and I have had no problems getting guns shipped out with them. They have a listing of FFL dealers in my area on their web site who are on file with them, I pick one and that's where it's shipped! Hopefully my orders will be shipped soon. We are already a week past the promised shipping date and a woman that called me earlier for the insurance charge also assured me that it would be shipping out in no more than 2 days.
Aloha from Las Vegas,

Dennis

#24 jjohnnn

jjohnnn

• 3 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:02 AM

Chances are, I'm the only person in my small city that ordered from Tac47. It should be easy to match my order to an "orphan" FFL simply based on the proximity of the respective addresses. Or better yet, call me to verify.

#25 AllJacks

AllJacks

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:42 AM

Chill out, Tac-47 has already answered your questions and feel lucky your getting one at the price you are. Tac-47 will sort out your issues and you will receive your Saigas!
The moving finger writes; and having writ, moves on: nor all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel half a line nor all thy tears wash out a word of it.

#26 bigjmn

bigjmn

• 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:44 PM

This is my 1st time ordering from tac-47 and getting nervous they said gun would ship may 1st. And then they called me last week said it would be shipped in a few days still not shipped. Has anyone received their s12. Please tell me yes so I can relax and trust they are just backed up. Thanks Justin

#27 Odd Man Out

Odd Man Out

Kicked off the dust...

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:17 PM

This is my 1st time ordering from tac-47 and getting nervous they said gun would ship may 1st. And then they called me last week said it would be shipped in a few days still not shipped. Has anyone received their s12. Please tell me yes so I can relax and trust they are just backed up. Thanks Justin

yeah, we are all nervous (no reason to be -- TAC47 is a highly reputable biz...).
I have 2 on order -- called today: news is about 80 have been shipped and about 100 to go. We all need to keep our panties from bunchin up.
I know, it's like trying to get through Christmas night when I was 10!

#28 tritium

tritium

Top Member

• Super Moderator
  • 6,584 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:24 PM

I ordered a rifle on 4/27, have since been contacted to verify my payment info and FFL , and initially was told it may take a week or two, and even got a refund when I found the gun priced slightly less at another website. I'm waiting patiently and would expect to receive it when the shipping gets caught up. Keep your pants on. Patience is a virtue, not to mention a sign of intelligence and comprehension of the real world. It may also be a sign of age/experience/wisdom.
A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
- Sigmund Freud (or not)
The indiscriminate use of vulgar language is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate motherf**ker.
-Anonymous
Complexity is easy; simplicity is difficult.
-Georgy Shpagin, mentor to M. Kalashnikov
Peace is that brief, glorious, quiet moment in history when everybody is standing around reloading.
-Anonymous

"Yes, Officer, I was trying to burn my house down.... Why do you ask ?"

#29 OBITUARY

OBITUARY

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:52 PM

Maybe fax vs emailing ffl may have helped some cause my ffl doesn't know how to email a scanned ffl.lol. He did get it accomplished though.Would've made it easier for him to just fax it.

#30 5-0

5-0

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:13 PM

Maybe fax vs emailing ffl may have helped some cause my ffl doesn't know how to email a scanned ffl.lol. He did get it accomplished though.Would've made it easier for him to just fax it.

Tac 47 isn't set up to receive faxes. They told my ffl to email a copy.
Aloha from Las Vegas,

Dennis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users