My Saiga jammed... but not without a fight ;)

So I was at the range yesterday with my SGL21 shooting a bit, and I decided to show my little 10/22 some love and set my Saiga down to my right side on the bench. I shoot a few mags with my .22 and then decide it's time to go back to my one true love :angel:.

I fire 2 shots and all of a sudden it jams... for the first time ever... At first I had no clue it jammed, I thought the safety broke because I could not pull the trigger at all (felt like it does when safety is engaged) and the safety would not go all the way to the Safe position. At this point I was getting a little worried so I field strip and investigate, it seems a bit dirty but nothing serious enough to cause a jam. I look down and see that the hammer is pinned down and stuck, working further towards the butt of the gun I look at the safety and see that there is a spent .22 casing sitting there wedged in the safety bar blocking it from moving and therefore act as if it was on safe.

Sorry that I don't have pics, I was just so amazed and a bit scared that I didn't think to take any.

TL;DR: AK still fired 2 rounds even with a .22 LR casing inside the dust cover.

Not 100% to the story ! I had a 22lr get into my reloaded brass somehow and my decapping die pierced it fine through the center then cause a problem. I took apart the Die and found a 22lr blocking the die. PITA to get out but I did. It is amazing how the .22lr can get into stuff.