Range report, slide fire stock and defective ammo

So I ordered one of the slide fire stocks last Monday, and had it by the weekend from military guns or whatever the vendor is.

Cost me some, but, for what it is, I consider it well made. I don't have any videos, as I went by myself and have no tripod.

I will take some friends in a couple weeks and try to get video.

Installation was pretty easy, remove the pistol grip and replace with their guide block which guides the stock in front and holds

your safety spring down like the original. Then, insert stock on buffer tube, done.

The stock runs two ways, locked and unlocked. Locked will lock it to full out position, and it works like a normal stock does.

This caused no issue for me, but someone that uses a m4 stock not fully extended might not like it.

Unlocked is where the fun is. You grab the pistol grip, pull tight into your shoulder, and put your trigger finger on a rest (this

is what the difference is when they ask right or left handed) that is across the trigger from your hand. Thus, your trigger finger

front joint is in front of the trigger.

You then grab the stock and slide the forearm (and the rest of the gun) forward. This causes the trigger to impact the plane of your

taut finger, and go off. The recoil pushes the gun back into the stock, it cycles, resets trigger, and your forearm pushing the gun forward

still makes it go off again (and again...as long as you have ammo or keep forward pressure.)

Enough theory. My observations:

1. Full auto simulated fire is not hard to keep on target for a decent sized guy. No muzzle rise.

2. When starting, do it with ONE ROUND in the mag. Then do TWO. Then maybe THREE. It was hard till I figured the nuances

of gripping it to only keep it to one shot. Most of the time I was shooting doubles. This is the most important thing I can say: No

full mag boogie woogie till you learned it PLEASE. I only shot about 30 shots, and had mostly figured out single bump fire

by then, but, as one who had NOT done it before, I was glad I limited my first few mag loads to twos and threes.

3. The barrel will get HOT. Very Fast. If you love your gun, pay attention to that and let it cool.

4. I was hitting a target freehand at 50 yards with 3 shots bursts. I was getting a couple inch groups from a rest with the same bursts.

It works fine shooting from a bag rest, assuming you support the forearm with your hand and sit your hand on the sandbags, like I do.

5. It is impossible to not grin like an idiot and feel like you just broke the law when you bust a long burst off on a public range. Mad fun.

6. While I see no serious use for this other than for fun, it is quite a lot of fun, and I am glad I bought it.

On a more somber note, I was banging some UMC green and white box .45 acp ball through a Kimber I bought, and a round would not go in the mag.

I flipped the round over, and found that the casing had been ripped and folded over when the bullet was loaded, and I could the base of the bullet

through a crack. I saved the round, collected all the brass, and will be on the horn with Remington soon about their QC. I don't particularly need

compensation, though I won't turn down free ammo, but I want to let them know so they can improve QC.

Message on that one: inspect EVERY round when you load it.

Good luck on the free ammo. I had a 9mm short recoil resulting in the round being lodged in the barrel. No free ammo, they said if I sent the box of unused ammo in, they'd give me a new box to replace it. Too bad I shot up the rest of the box.