I just ordered a Titan rail system recently, and I was wondering what kind of fitting is required. I have heard some say that it needs to be milled, while Chaos' website says some minor filing may be needed. I would like to hear specific details, from those of you who own one, what needs to be done to mount the rail.

its really easy , all you need is a small file , first try to install as is , if you cant lock the folding end down , just file a little off of the plate on the rail where the carrier spring protrudes through it . youll want to file in a parallel line with the rail , file a little off at a time trying to latch it frequently , its no sweat took me 10 minutes . ypu,ll be fileing inside the hole where the carrier spring protrudes , so you may want to shop for a file using the hole in youre dust cover as a guide , if you dont already have one .

Edited by J lang
  • Like 1

Thank you for the info. If that is all that is required, then it sounds easy. I also heard that Chaos was going to have a kit available to attach the hinged rail to the receiver cover, so that when you raise the hinged rail, the cover opens with it. Do you know if this is available? Does it come with the Titan system?

Thank you for the info. If that is all that is required, then it sounds easy. I also heard that Chaos was going to have a kit available to attach the hinged rail to the receiver cover, so that when you raise the hinged rail, the cover opens with it. Do you know if this is available? Does it come with the Titan system?

ive read post where cameron spoke of this kit , im not sure if it is or when it will be available , but , no it does not just come with the rail

Awesome post, Bridis! This is definitely all the information anyone should need to install their Chaos Titan Rail System. Thank you for taking the time to make the video. I can't wait till mine comes in. Do you plan to attach the dust cover to the rail in the future? I think it might be something that I might want to do. Any cons to not attaching it?

You're welcome. I enjoy making the videos...

I haven't tried attaching the the top rail to my dust cover. I don't really feel the need. But it does seem like a simple task and after some "hold-in-place" testing looks like it'd work well.

• 11 months later...

I always wondered how Cameron planned to attach the Titan to the dust cover. Owning a Titan myself I love the look of it and the solid construction, but I don't see a way to attach the dust cover to the hinged portion so that you can treat them as one piece. The reason for this is that the front of the dust cover fits into a groove on the receiver that hangs over the top of the dust cover, so any upward motion to open the rail/cover together could conceivably bend the dust cover at the front where it fits into the receiver.

Still though, if there was someone who could pull it off, it would be Chaos.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I had to file the bottom of the square hole, on mine to get it to lock in. but the filing was minor. I would strongly advise puting blue loctite on all the threaded screws.especually the tinny ones. I went to clean my gun and lost one.but I found it on the kicthen floor.I thought I lost it forever. It was like finding a needle in a hay stack. Any how the blue loctite should help keep them from droping out so easy.and when you shoot a lot the rail tends to loosen up.loctite will stop this. I will say this about the rail,it looks awsome and does something the other rails don't.It fits the gun and dosent put pressure on the gas tube. The rail is extremely well desined and fits like a glove.the titan and the chaos H&K sights were a very good investment.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

Krazylegs, you need to call customers service @ 812 250 4919 ext. 200 from 10-3 Central time and we will address whatever issue you have going on, thanks.

Cam,