unbranded Tactical AK 47 "US made kit from Romanian parts"

I saw this from atlantic firearms, it's a USA built AK47 tactical setup(with rails and some goodies), apparently made with Romanian parts.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct439.aspx

For $629...

The copout answer is that it is probably junk...but does anyone have any real insight or thoughts/speculation on it?

I could convert and build up from a saiga, but adding up costs(from some bargain parts too) it'll cost me about $600 to get it like the tactical build above, although...that doesn't include the extra tools I will need to buy from Harbor Freight to do the job, lol.

So what do you guys think(with some base to it, and speculation on who put it together, century?)

Depending on the age of the WASR it will either be a hammer forged chrome lined barrel, or a US made non-chromed barrel.

Basically for a WASR, inspect before you buy. Canted sights and gas blocks show up but almost never affect function. Mine has always worked just as well as my Saiga (don't say that too loud though because some people just KNOW they are junk because they read it on the innernet).

Depending on the age of the WASR it will either be a hammer forged chrome lined barrel, or a US made non-chromed barrel.

Basically for a WASR, inspect before you buy. Canted sights and gas blocks show up but almost never affect function. Mine has always worked just as well as my Saiga (don't say that too loud though because some people just KNOW they are junk because they read it on the innernet).

That's good to know and to hear from an actual user. As for the barrel...according to the site's description this one is chrome lined, but I don't know how accurate that description is.

I have a WASR 10/63 with the romanian chrome lined barrel.

It's a fine gun and does everything any other AK style rifle does.

It's finish is notoriously shitty, and scratches fairly easy.

I would discourage you from getting that tacticool shit and suggest a normal 10/63 from henderson defense. Get used to shooting it, and then add things that you actually need, or things that add a level of improvment.

Just tartin' it up with a bunch of rails and plastic shit is retarded.

Oh, henderson defense will inspect the rifle for you, and "certify" it as free of any cant.

PS - you're not far off from an arsenal price wise, another 200 bucks should get you in an SGL series.

I was looking for a "henderson 10/63" to get more info on it, couldn't find any available at major etailers, but browsed on their official website, also couldn't find it there either, however I did find some other ones that seemed like they could be though it was not specified. do you happen to know of any links? Also, what does the 10/63 stand for?

Reading reviews, they seemed to come in packages like this one:

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct765.aspx

Don't quote me on it but I believe they began labeling the WASR's as 10/63 in 2008. Mine says it on it. They're made from demilled romanian guns, mine is made from a 1981 rifle, with the arrow in triangle mark. The gas piston is chromed tapco, the trigger group is a tapco G2, Mine happens to have matching original parts from the same gun. The chamber and bore is chrome lined.

Mine shoots great, no problems, no cant, no wobble issues, super-reliable and is one of my favorite rifles. I like the shitty wood and finish lol.

You can call henderson and ask.

Also, just going by the price range you had in your original post, did you notice the SGL's on hendersons page? You're not far off that price range. Just a thought.

Cant go wrong with a 10/63, especially if henderson certifies it.

A polish 1960 model (also on hendersons page) is a good choice too, I've read good things about them, and have wanted one for awhile.

Got'cha, yeah you're right, the SGL's on henderson's page aren't too far from that price looking at the 21-61 right now at $799, although I admit the tactical that I originally posted is more than what I wanted to spend too, haha. Just wanted to get a coverted(normal) AK47 so I could eventually put a quad rail and folding stock on it with a vertical grip, lol. I know it may look cheesy to some but to each their own. I envisioned putting a mount for a tactical flashlight on the side and perhaps some optics or a scope(though not necessary), it'd be a home defense toy, maybe...just maybe I might try to use it for hunting deer(it's legal in my state, as long as the magazine holds 5 or less rounds). Of course I'm looking at the AK's because of their legendary reliability/durability and good priced yet capable ammo.

• 2 months later...

Don't get the one in your opening pic. If they can't put the foregrip on right, can they assemble anything else correctly?

Also, I don't care for the tiny little PG that has on it. And I have small hands for a guy 6'1", lol. One came with my RPK and it was the only thing I switched out. The rest is add-ons.

I'd go with the Saiga and convert it. It'll gain you greater knowledge(and just plain joy in the building) and you'll have YOUR gun, not another clone that may or may not work for you.