Sign in to follow this  
ODGreenThumb

5.45x39 Handguard / forearms with no modifications

Hello all, long time reader, first time poster...

Okay so I've seen this discussed but cant find the thread now 029.gif I have a 5.45x39 and a CSS conversion kit (TAPCO AK Style Stock & Saw PG, OD Green) from CSS. I am almost at the limit of my gun allowance (thanks wifey) and am looking for a new hand guard that will require no additional parts or modifications, and I want it to be in OD green, of course.

I've seen the TAPCO intrafuse with all the rails and such. Not interested in the looks on this one. I've also seen the saiga TAPCO Galil style with the built in hand guard adapter. I like the Galil style but have heard that it melts, is too wide etc. Anybody using this set up that can verify or discredit those claims? Anybody got any pics of this set up?

Also, has anybody seen any alternatives that don't require changing/buying more parts and are available in OD green. I'm pretty picky, ain't I?

Any info is welcome. And thanks to all forum members, you've been a real help getting me into the Saiga world and I'm going to be working on my 1st conversion hopefully this weekend.

how much ya got to throw around? what about a midwest industries or UTG quad rail? on the cheap, you could mod your saiga handguard and paint it