Bolt/Carrier/Trigger-pack reprofiling & polishing

Proprietory reprofile & Polish

Bolt/Carrier modifications.

Reduces friction and poundage when bolt is moving rearward when being fired, adding kinetic-engery.

Reduces friction, adding poundage, speed and kinetic-engery when the bolt is traveling forward into battery.

Smoothes bolt’s “action” considerably.

Speeds up rate-of-fire and smooths out action.

Our 12" prototype gun (2005/2006) running w/ low brass winchester bulk out of an MDArms prototype drum.

Our bolt work made that gun smooth and FAST! Notice 4th round has just ignited, and no bbl climb.mdr1-1.jpg

All angles are precisely cut to work in conjunction with all moving parts (each other).

Re-profiling angles are propriety of C&S.

Re-profiling of parts is done on milling machine to ensure a precision tolerance of (+-) 0.0005”.

All parts polished and blended to a super-slick surface.

Trigger bar is also angled, to stop the common occurrence of the hammer spring ‘catching’ on the trigger bar causing trigger to stick in the rearward position. Trigger will not fail even if the spring is bent at a ridiculous angle.

Extractor is also polished.

Bolt-hold-open is notched to keep spring from falling off, causing BHO to stick in upward position, locking trigger rearward.

Parts modified/polished: Bolt assy, extractor, carrier, trigger, hammer, trigger/hammer pins, disconnector, BHO.

DSC03684.jpg

Photo shows precision of metal-removal/profiling & proprietary C&S angles of bolt-carrier (pre-blending/polishing).

Pricing:

Re-profile Bolt assembly, bolt and trigger-pack & polish: $125

Additional bolt work available:

Install TROMIX “Galil” style vertical charging handle (part included)…$100

Install GOGUN "Honey stick" vertical charging handle (part included)…$100

Install TROMIX “bolt-on” charging handle (part included)…$25

Install CADIZ Heavy Duty gas-piston rod (part included)…$65

Finishing options:

Polish/profile bottom of bolt-carrier w/out removing original black finish…$0

Glass bead bolt carrier…$10

Glass bead bolt carrier and parkerize…$20

Glass bead bolt carrier, parkerize and HK-black/bake-on…$30

***Note*** we will not polish top of bolt carrier visible through ejection port.

Return shipping:

Customer’s parts will be return shipped:

Option #1…Fed-Ex. Return shipping…$20 (will be insured for $200)

Option #2…Fed-Ex. Return shipping...$30 (will be insured for $800)...Contents will be listed as “Custom Saiga parts, minus receiver & bbl”

Send bolt carrier, complete bolt assembly, all internal fire control parts, & BHO.

Send DETAILED instructions on work to be performed.

Send name and Saiga-forum ‘nickname’ ….if on the forum.

Send daytime contact phone number.

Send return shipping address.

Send Fed-Ex shipping insurance amount desired…option #1 or #2.

Payment info:

Write checks or Postal money-orders to C&S Metall-Werkes.

If credit card (+2%) payment desired, we will contact you when ready to return ship (c/c will NOT be charged until parts are ready to be shipped).

Send to:

Attn: Matt

C&S Metall-Werkes LTD

4025-H Old 94 south

St Charles, MO 63304

636-928-1511 phone

636-922-9004 FAX

info@csm-w.com Email

www.csm-w.com Website

***Call or Email for more info***

sending mine in soon, had some issues with my gun and need to take it out again and get a baseline for before and after your work

Yours is now up to $300 :lolol:

Haha, believe me I'm ready to get it to you. Just had some cycling issues last time I was out and want to make sure I have it remedied.

Our "shop raccoon" is in heat....u better send that pet coon to seal the deal (only if it's a male, our coon ain't bisexual).

Just curious, is that a public range you're shooting at?

I'm trying to find outdoor shooting ranges that allow rapid fire.

Yeah, but they locked it down to machineguns about a year ago. We have the keys to an outdoor police range, so we usually go there.

sending mine in soon, had some issues with my gun and need to take it out again and get a baseline for before and after your work

Pop, here is how you baseline both before and after:

1) Remove top cover, recoil spring, bolt assy (not carrier).

With only the carrier back in the gun (no spring, no top cover, no bolt-asy), slowly work the action rearward and forward on a cocked hammer (hold the reciever down as it will want to climb/distort when it gets rearward towards the removal section of the reciever).

Then try slowly moving back and forth with an uncocked hammer.

2) Do exactly the same things above, but with the bolt-assembly and carrier in place this time.

It will show exactly where you are at, for your baseline.

After you get profile/polishing, repeat the steps above.

Will do, but I was wanting to see if I am getting any FTEs as it is too...Can't check for that without blasting a drum or two :devil: I'll have it heading your way monday.

Don't forget the $400 money order :devil:

Is this service done with the basic conversion package, or is it something else? Still deciding whether to convert my S12 myself or not.

Hi erwos.

Only polishing is included with the basic conversion package.

If you do the basic package, I will do the extreme profiling/polish/etc for $75 (reg $125).

Just let me know.

fyi: Our saiga part of the website is wacked ..... needs to be completely redone. Should have it completely updated in a week.

2nd batch (20+) in motion.

Machined the propriety angles on all bolt carriers yesterday/today, blended and polished....came out beautiful. Angles are precise and perfect.

Will being doing trigger pack, pins, and BHO's tommorrow and Thursday

Friday and Saturday gunshop is open, and will be unable to work on them.

Will be doing bolt assemblies Monday-Wednesday. Hope to ship Thursday/Friday.

Guys who sent Tapco AK47 trigger packs, we will modify them for the saiga.

If you are having bolt-handles and HD op-rods installed, they are on order and we will be installed as soon as they arrive.

HD-op-rod customers, you will love the finished product. The factory dimples the carrier/op-rod, which has a tendancy to come loose. When they get loose, they break the carrier.

We will be milling (not drilling) a hole, inserting high-stress pin, and fusion welding. Never come loose again.

fwiw, we have a very sick raccoon up here, possible nuerological problems....so he has been running back and forth to vet constantly, and under constant observation and care at the shop....this is affecting/delaying work progress. Please bear with us. We will get parts finished and shipped as soon as possible.

We will contact everyone individually when their parts ship out.

Thanks so much.

Matt

C&S

Curious the eta and status of my bolt stuff. Sent in 2 and half weeks ago and check till hasn't gone through my bank yet. Thank you.

Hi Matt!

Sorry for the delay, this is a one week job, not 2.5.

The only thing I can say is my pet has been severely ill and I have been having to divide my time between him and work... massive head injury, vet every two days, steroids and other meds, had to take him to a veterinary school hundreds of miles away, work with him constantly, trying to teach him to walk again, hand feeding, comforting him. He is permanently brain-damaged and moves like he has cerebral paulsy.

It was determined yesterday he has stabilized as good as he ever will, so my time just completely unfroze today.

I'll finish bolts today/tonight (everything else is done....carriers & T-packs) and ship everyones out tommorrow.

I know you will be more than happy with the results.

I got to see a bolt assembly done by someone else last saturday....other than the bolt-head, nothing is the same at all....two completely different ways to skin a cat.

No worries on the check, was never concerned about it clearing. It is in your tub with your parts. I'll cash it prolly tommorrow when your parts go out.

Sorry for the delay, hope you can understand.

My best,

Matt

Matt just called me and assured me things were going to be done very soon, excellent customer service. He is also a firefighter and was deployed for the tornado which is why he hasn't been online or in the shop. That combined with the sick raccoon just put him behind, so if anybody was having any concerns that's what has been going on.

Edited by poptart

Also heard from Matt, some of the best customer service ever. The extra few days I had to wait was not an issue with me, but Matt was more than just apologetic about it.

Matt,

Thank you for going down to Joplin. I think we can all agree your work there was by far the more important of the two jobs. I hope in the future that I come across more work that needs done that I can send your way.

Received my parts back, looks nice, profiled and polished on all the important bits as well as my requested satin job on the bolt carrier and new extended charging handle.

Look at that bling, my camera can't even focus on it (well I am using a video camera to take stills):

hpim0155c.jpg

All closed up and ready to test tomorrow morning:

hpim0151w.jpg

Edited by fauxknight

Hi guys!

Sorry off the board for the last couple of weeks....it's been pandimonium :cryss:

Truly appreciate everyone's understanding!

Glad everyone is happy w/ product.

All parts done on machines:

*Carrier ramped front & rear...corner rounded by end-mill at rear.

*Bolt rounded and ramped on machine (rounding is perfect circumfrence, no deviation, for smoothest of rotation against top cartridge)....dial indicator would show approx 0.000-0.002 run-out from hand blending/polishing.

*Hammer profiled on machine.

*All parts above blended & polished by hand.

Trigger, Hammer & disconnector, polished. All contact points polished.

BHO notched.

Thanks guys! :smoke:

Will be offline for a couple more days....