I just saw on a non business member site that they are advertising the draco in the 5.56x45 caliber for $379. Not sure if you guys are wanting one in that caliber or not. They also have the Mini Draco in the 7.62x39 caliber for $399. The site is 2 letters and they are in Prescott AZ. I wont post links to it per forum rules.

Edited by AZ-DAVE-IZ109

I'd be a lot more interested in a new Draco chambered in 5.45x39 :killer:

Same here, but they told me it would end the importation of ammo due to it being designated a handgun cartridge :rolleyes::ded:

Isn't that what happened to Chinese steelcore 7.62x39 when Olympic made an AR pistol in that caliber? Something like that anyway.

Same here, but they told me it would end the importation of ammo due to it being designated a handgun cartridge :rolleyes::ded:

Isn't that what happened to Chinese steelcore 7.62x39 when Olympic made an AR pistol in that caliber? Something like that anyway.

Why isn't other 7.62 banned from import then? Is it just the steel core rounds?

Why isn't other 7.62 banned from import then? Is it just the steel core rounds?

Yes, it is just the steel core rounds. They don't like the idea of imported steel core ammo being used in handguns. Interestingly, the Chinese steel is soft and is used as an alternative to lead--not as AP or penetrator. It pretty much means no Chinese 7.62x39 is imported anymore. At gun shows, I often see vendors selling Chinese ammo at a premium as an AP. It is not--nor is it much different from other imported 7.62x39.

I'm not sure how Turkish and Eastern European SS109 gets into the US though??? Maybe bought by US gov first?

It was said the old dracos were imported as pistols and didn't have modifications done to use american recievers or american barrels and hence were better quality than typical cai rifles. Do we have info on if these new 5.56 dracos and the mini draco are imported in this configuration as the old dracos were? The listing on that site says they're assembled by century international and may contain american parts but it looks like thats just a cut and paste from every other listing. I'd really like one in 5.45mm if they haven't be touched by the drunken monkeys.

Edited by blowstuffup

Yes...Thanks to the Olympic Arms AR pistol in 7.62x39, Chinese steelcore officially became 'Handgun Cop Killer Ammo'.

This was quite a while ago back during the reign of Herr Klintoon...

They have had .223 Dracos all along; just seems like there hasn't been any around really since right before the Obama buying frenzy in the fall of 08'.

Edited by Mr Polytech

It was said the old dracos were imported as pistols and didn't have modifications done to use american recievers or american barrels and hence were better quality than typical cai rifles. Do we have info on if these new 5.56 dracos and the mini draco are imported in this configuration as the old dracos were? The listing on that site says they're assembled by century international and may contain american parts but it looks like thats just a cut and paste from every other listing. I'd really like one in 5.45mm if they haven't be touched by the drunken monkeys.

Yeah, the Dracos are imported as pistols, and aren't subject to 922r, so Century doesn't have to get their grubby hands on them to make them compliant.

If this new AK pistol is actually assembled by Century from parts, I'd have to say "no thanks". Unless it was for sale locally and I could inspect it really good. Otherwise, no thanks.

Yeah, the Dracos are imported as pistols, and aren't subject to 922r, so Century doesn't have to get their grubby hands on them to make them compliant.

If this new AK pistol is actually assembled by Century from parts, I'd have to say "no thanks". Unless it was for sale locally and I could inspect it really good. Otherwise, no thanks.

+1

I wonder whats under the muzzle nut?

The taint? :)

Probably a better question, "Is the muzzle nut tack welded?" I've heard of several Draco's with a muzzle thread protector that has a tack weld on it. I think people often cut the weld, but you never know how thorough a weld it is.

I wonder whats under the muzzle nut?

The taint? :)

Probably a better question, "Is the muzzle nut tack welded?" I've heard of several Draco's with a muzzle thread protector that has a tack weld on it. I think people often cut the weld, but you never know how thorough a weld it is.

My 7.62 Draco had a small tack weld. Dremel takes care of it no problem. Just trying to be funny! :rolleyes: