NRA Files Comments Opposing Shotgun Import Ban

Nah it's true. People don't join the feds so they can run guns to Mexican drug rings. Or to burn down houses with dozens of little kids in them. Or shoot running kids in the back with an SMG. Or to shoot nursing mothers in the head. I'm not sure exactly how that transformation occurs, but all too often it does. I suspect it comes from insane promotion policies that ends up putting power crazed wackjobs in positions of authority.

I suspect that someone's values and principles would have to be really screwed up inorder to want to join such an organization otherwise they would join a professional law enforcement organization like the FBI or local police departments. Why be a ATF agent when you can do something honorable such as protect and serve the community.

You have just proven that u know nothing about the ATF. In case u didn't know, obviously u didnt, they have done a pretty good job of recovering alot of stolen weapons and stopping alot guns from ending up in the hands of known cartels. But that has nothing to do with protecting and serving YOUR community.

Yep,you are an agent for sure :drevil: My only question to you is why did you choose to work for the ATF and not some other law enforcement agency. Doesn't the FBI offer the same benefits? Some local police departments might even pay more. Dispite ATF's poor reputation, work experiance in that agency should look good on a resume when applying for another law enforcement job. Just a thought :2c:

Edited by Crusader
  • Like 2

Oh yeah, they're doing a fantastic job. Just ask Border Patrol agent Brian Terry's surviving family. :rolleyes:

Have you never heard of Project Gunrunner?! :huh:

Oh, and for those agent who objected...

don't know what all the issues are but we are all adults, we are all professionals, and we have a (sic) exciting opportunity to use the biggest tool in our law enforcement tool box. If you don't think this is fun you're in the wrong line of work – period! This is the pinnacle of domestic U.S. law enforcement techniques. After this the tool bag is empty. Maybe the Maricopa County Jail is hiring detention officers and you can get paid $30,000 (instead of $100,000) to serve lunch to inmates all day…We need to get over this bump in the road once and for all and get on with the mission at hand. This can be the most fun you have with ATF, the only one limiting the amount of fun we have is you!—e-mail from David J. Voth, group supervisor, Phoenix Group VII

However the this wasn't a rogue operation, it was approved by:

William D. Newell, Special Agent In Charge of Phoenix office

William J. Hoover, ATF Executive Assistant Director

Kenneth E Melson, acting Director of the ATF;

Dennis K. Burke, the US Attorney of Arizona and former chief of staff of Janet Napolitano

Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer

However the Attorney General, Eric "My People" Holder said he didn't learn about it until two weeks ago. And I have this bridge. ...

Edited by KevinInNM
  • Like 2

Hahahaha....... Indeed. However I can assure you that I am not an ATF agen, or am I?. I just get sick of having to wade through all the bs about people talkin about things they know nothing about. When I see something that is obviously untrue I feel the need to provide the factual information so that the rest of us that actually wanna read good info, can do that.

Hahahaha....... Indeed. However I can assure you that I am not an ATF agen, or am I?. I just get sick of having to wade through all the bs about people talkin about things they know nothing about. When I see something that is obviously untrue I feel the need to provide the factual information so that the rest of us that actually wanna read good info, can do that.

Just admit to it, I won't make fun. :angel: I promiss. Your screen name also gives you away. You are an ATF agent, who is "Incognito." Purhaps 485 is some kind of badge number.

Just think about what I said about transfering to another law enforcement agency. I am sure that it may not be as easy as quiting one job and starting another, but many benefits do transfer from one federal agency to another. In the long run I believe you will be glad you transfered. We all must be able to look our selves in the mirror and know that we are true Patriots. "A good name is always greater to be choosen than great wishes." I hope you deside to transfer and wish you luck in doing so.

Edited by Crusader
  • Like 1

Dude you caught me, the gig is up. You're a genius! How did you figure that out? I'm a rogue BATF agent on the prowl for yor guns. BTW I'm assuming that there have been more than 485 agents since the agency started. Yeah you knew that I'm sure of it. As I'm sure you know I am a pretty senior agent and should probably spend more time enjoying retired life. Or maybe....... I'll be knocking on crusader's door to make sure he's in compliance with BATF regulations. If I do I'll drop by with a spelling/grammar book as well to assist you on making your posts look as if an adult typed them.

I enjoyed the chat fellas, I wish you all a Happy Mothers Day, I have to get some sleep tonight because I've got a big case I'm working on that involves banning and taking guns from patriots. Goodnight!

Edited by incognito485
  • Like 2

I believe the mission was called 'operation fast and furious'

Operation gunrunner was started in 2007-2008 under Bush. Under Barry they decided that they would add the part were they had their informants smuggle the guns in to Mexico with the assistance of ICE.

What could possibly go wrong with smuggling guns to narcotics gangs involved in an open war with the Mexican government?

Not sure if this should go in political or fight club? :blink:

Seems as though threds go off the rails fairly fast lately :unsure: If you want to close this one that is fine with me I was just trying to post the info, it does not need all the commentary :deadhorse:

Edited by G-30