powdercoating receiver

I did a barrel on a 12ga shot gun before when I worked for a powder coating shop. I can't see powder coating the receiver would hurt it just don't have them do the inside of it. if the powder coat gets to thick it may cause problems and the stuff is a bitch to get off after.

i was thinking of having my 308 receiver powdercoated, has anyone had it done or thoughts about it

I've thought about it but never really checked into pricing.. have you called anywhere by chance & checked turn around time on something like that?

What color did you want to do?

SN.. Nice HK in your profile pic.. too bad they decided to discontinue the rifle for some reason.

i havn't checked on prices yet next week i will talk to a guy who powder coats our custom bike and resteration parts,i was thinking of a silver like a pof rifle but not sure how that would look with my currant wood, i really love the hk nothing i would change about it.

post-6306-0-00281500-1304885940_thumb.jpg

post-6306-0-53072300-1304886076_thumb.jpg

i havn't checked on prices yet next week i will talk to a guy who powder coats our custom bike and resteration parts,i was thinking of a silver like a pof rifle but not sure how that would look with my currant wood, i really love the hk nothing i would change about it.

I really like that silver, but I just cant decide what color I wanna do since I've polished by bolt.

Did you thread the barrel yourself, and do you have any reviews on the Tromix brake? They look bad ass!

yes i just threaded it myself very easy,i've been a mechanic for 30 years tapped a bolt or two.jamce thats a bad ass looking 308 nice job i dont have any reviews of the tromix brake but anything they make is top notch.