A new direction for MD Arms;

I wanted to let everyone know the status and standing of MD Arms. We are making some significant changes. The below will cover most of these changes in the area of new up coming products, the handling of our sales and manufacturing, our location...

For just over two years MD Arms has operated out of 2600 sq ft. This area quickly became tight and congested. It has reached a point that we have zero room for growth and at times it is a struggle just to have the area to efficiently perform our present operations. We are happy to announce that we are moving from our 2600 sq ft shop into a 24000 sq ft facility. This extra room is going to make current operations much smoother flowing and efficient and greatly open up room for growth.

For some of this extra room we are purchasing plastic injection machines and support equipment, a stamping press, and other equipment that will move the biggest majority of our outsourcing in house. This will allow MD Arms to have much more control over production times including many other added benefits.

With some of the newly acquired room we will be setting up a saiga conversion line. We have already acquired all the equipment needed for doing this in a high production setting. Having the room will let us set the conversion line up permanently without the time consuming need of tearing down set ups and fixturing and re-setting to do different steps and processes. This will streamline the process and make for a very consistent super high quality final product and at a great price. Conversion details will be elaborated on in time and you can keep peaking at our site for updates.

We are also thrilled to announce we will be releasing quad stack mags. First will be one for the AK-74 in 5.45x39 followed by one for the AK-47 in 7.62x39. These will be super high quality and made with super high strength material just like our other items. They will be made from a superior polymer material that greatly out performs any current military or after market plastic used in the AK mags you have now. Just like military grade magazines they will also have full steel insets from top to bottom; feedlips, front mag catch, rear mag catch, and floor plate reinforcement. The floor plate will be made from steel as well. Our production capabilities of these mags will be pretty high right out of the gate and we will be able to retail these mags in the neighborhood of $35 to $40 each. About 3 months in advance of releasing them we will start taking pre-orders with a reduced price in the area of $25 to $30 each with deposit. The pre-order will give us 4 to 6 weeks to help us judge the polymer and steel material we can order for the initial production run. The polymer we use isn't a shelf item and is made to our order with a 6 to 8 week lead-time from order to delivery to us. Also the steel needs ordered, stamped, and heat treated... A pre-order with deposit will also allow us extra capital to increase the amount of material ordered and size of the production run. This will help insure we can keep the price low as well as have some stock immediately available to ship after pre-orders have shipped. I know it will be hard but please do not email or call asking for more information on the quad stack magazines. At this time all the information we are releasing on them is stated above.

We are still going to produce our double stack Saiga-12 box magazine but we are prioritizing the ak quad stack magazines. There is only one way to do it right and we have that design protected. I know a lot of guys have been dying for the double stack 12ga mags for awhile and want to assure everyone that the only thing that will stop us from producing them is if there is a high cap magazine ban. Even if the Saiga-12 is blocked from import we will still be producing the double stacks for it.

Last I want to let everyone know that at this time we are not taking retail or dealer sales. The only distributor sales we will be taking is from a few that have been with us since the beginning. We will be contacting all of our current dealers and distributors by email to fill them in on these changes. We have also picked up Cope's Distributing as our Master Distributor and they will be handling our dealer and distributor sales. They are 30 minutes down the road from us and they have a long reach into the retail, dealer and distributor markets. Eliminating the sales from our site will let us focus on the things we really shine at which is design and manufacturing. It has been a real pleasure serving the end user direct but it has reached a point that it is actually causing a great distraction to what we do best. We have been struggling to meet demand on our products and this will allow us more time to do that and get ahead on manufacturing before we move operations to the new location. Once the move is made we need to then focus on setting up the new equipment for the production of the quad stacks. You will soon see changes on our site that reflects these changes as well as direction to where you can find and order our items. Currently all we have done at the moment is removed the quantity from all the items on our site. Everything is showing as out of stock on our site but you can find it all everywhere else you are used to seeing it and now at http://www.copesdistributing.net/index.php?manufacturers_id=74.

Thanks Everyone! Mike Davidson and staff at MD Arms

Heres a teaser pic of a couple quad stacks...

quad stack.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jeeeez..........   It's nobody's fucking business when Mike produces or releases one of his products. It'll happen when Mike decides it'll happen, and it doesn't matter what he posted whenever in t

I asked you last time to kindly mind your own business unless you could specifically explain why Mike said one thing yet did another. But apparently you couldn't control yourself. And yes, my faith

"Please refrain from getting off topic about the man's word. It's like I'm talking to Obama. If you want to defend this type character, go for it. However, at least stay with the facts. If you want to

Posted Images

I can't wait for the Quad stacks I got $500 waiting to come to you on the pre-orders :super:. I also picked up 2 new IZ-240's, a AUSA 1.6mm 5.45 reciever and one of the 12.5" AK-105 kit form the same guy you did A few weeks ago. I have been like a kid at christmas since you told me that you were going to be making them.I do have one question what color will they be? I would love a plum or clear one but I assume that they will be black.

Edited by SCHULTZE

If they are like the russians one they will hold 60 round but I don't know for sure I guess we will have to wait for the word from mike. but the pic looks just like the russian one so I would say I am in the ball park.Here is a link to a old thread on the russian quad stack mags and some pics of the russian mags. http://forum.saiga-1...gs-rifles-only/

post-21226-0-88482100-1304909734_thumb.jpg

post-21226-0-99501500-1304909851_thumb.jpg

SIDE NOTE: In the bottom pic the quad stack is not the only cool :blues: item look closely there is a bison in the picture.

Edited by SCHULTZE
  • Like 1

A wise man asks if Double-Stack is REALLY the "only one that works," then why focus on designing and marketing something else? Something seemingly doesn't add up.

May I please have that suggested pending patent number?

Many S-12 owners are going to be feel foolish after waiting 3 years just to find out the focus has been elsewhere. Crap, there wasn't even the common courtesy of any heads-up about a new delay (3 years now). C'mon Mike, you don't do this to people then just casually brush over it in your email like all S-12 owners shouldn't be totally PO'd and feel duped. Very disappointing.

Edited by ShottyOne

A wise man asks if Double-Stack is REALLY the "only one that works," then why focus on designing and marketing something else? Something seemingly doesn't add up.

Many S-12 owners are going to be feel foolish after waiting 3 years just to find out the focus has been elsewhere. Crap, there wasn't even the common courtesy of any heads-up about a new delay (3 years now). C'mon Mike, you don't do this to people then just casually brush over it in your email like all S-12 owners shouldn't be totally PO'd and feel duped. Very disappointing.

ShottyOne, you probibly opened your Christmas Presents before Christmas day too didnt ya!

ShottyOne, you probibly opened your Christmas Presents before Christmas day too didnt ya!

Ok, Let clear a lot of things up for you...

The double stack has been delayed for a while. Not because it doesn't work or anything like that. Other things have kept our focus elsewhere. Not because we wanted to do other things more... If it wasn't the only way we wouldn't have messed with patents on it... And NO, you can not have the patent number. We filed it in a way that keeps it unpublic for 18 months. We didn't do this to hand it out... Call a patent attorney and confirm you can do this if you like...

3 years, thats odd because we only built the double stack in late July, early August of 2009. Thats roughly 1 year and 10 months...

The reason we are doing the quads first is because the 5.45 is 5 times bigger (low estimate, probably closer to 10 times) of a market than the saiga-12 market... And the 7.62x39 market is probably 2 to 4 times as big as the 5.45. The market is already flooded with high cap 7.62 mags so we are doing the 5.45 first. Another big reason is we have the double stack shotgun magazine protected. Even if we didn't have it protected many have tried and failed at designing true double stack shotgun mags (many better equipted, supposedly, and with more resources I might add). Last we need to get out of being solely saiga-12 dependent. With all the crap going on in the saiga-12 market who could blame me?

I will add I personally would much rather produce the double stack 12ga mags first. For one because so many have tried and failed and it was very simple for me. It will be a big testament to our innovation and design abilities.

I understand some are very disappointed as am I. But as far as feeling duped, I don't recall taking orders for them or anything or promising delivery dates...

• Like 6

There would be a bigger demand for quality 5.56x45 mags over 7.62x39. Especially higher cap like these. There are an abundance of mags and drums for 7.62x39, but not for 5.45x39 or 5.56x45. And there are always people looking for quality 5.56x45 AK mags and they can be pricy when found and as far as drums good luck finding 1.

There would be a bigger demand for quality 5.56x45 mags over 7.62x39.

I doubt it very much. The Saiga .223 market is pretty small. Sure, there are other 5.56 AKs, but they differ widely in the magwell area. Heck, even .223 Saigas differ widely in the magwell area.

I'd love to have a MD Arms quad stack for my .223, but from a business perspective, I can see that the other two calibers make much more sense.

No, you're right, nobody should feel duped here. Please already....

Just own up that you gave your word (after all, you posted it) that the S-12 Double-Stack was your quote "top priority," and then let's move on. Should you not remember that promise, then how about your other classic 2009 posting saying quote "I really appreciate that! It won't be long before some MD Arms double stacks are the nicest stick mags you own too! Can't give a date yet, but hopefully it will be early next year. This definately won't take a year and a half to bring to market like the drum." Hmm...now isn't that quite interesting?

I was under the impression that it's about mid-2011 now :)

What I don't get on top of all this is if you took the all that time designing and testing it, and as you say "it works," then why not send it to production? You're the one who "teased" the product and who also said that you surely were putting this to market less than "a year and a half". So when I say it doesn't somehow add up, it doesn't. I'm just keeping it real (that means be truthful and honest).

These are your promises, and not your would-be consumers. So, I and many others (I'm positive) take a bit of offense at your defensive response to your own mistruth (we'll call it this to keep it respectful). No offense, and I'm just being funny, your postings kind of remind me of Obama's top priority of "focusing on the the economy like a laser," or how he had no idea how Reverend Write felt about America after sitting in his Church for 20 years...lol

Honestly, just man-up and then let's move on from this. In all sincerity though, will you please go on record and promise at least Summer, 2012 now for the Double-Stacks?

One last funny...So you were all for creating and releasing the Double-Stack in less than 1.5 years before you were against it? :)

Ok, Let clear a lot of things up for you...

The double stack has been delayed for a while. Not because it doesn't work or anything like that. Other things have kept our focus elsewhere. Not because we wanted to do other things more... If it wasn't the only way we wouldn't have messed with patents on it... And NO, you can not have the patent number. We filed it in a way that keeps it unpublic for 18 months. We didn't do this to hand it out... Call a patent attorney and confirm you can do this if you like...

3 years, thats odd because we only built the double stack in late July, early August of 2009. Thats roughly 1 year and 10 months...

The reason we are doing the quads first is because the 5.45 is 5 times bigger (low estimate, probably closer to 10 times) of a market than the saiga-12 market... And the 7.62x39 market is probably 2 to 4 times as big as the 5.45. The market is already flooded with high cap 7.62 mags so we are doing the 5.45 first. Another big reason is we have the double stack shotgun magazine protected. Even if we didn't have it protected many have tried and failed at designing true double stack shotgun mags (many better equipted, supposedly, and with more resources I might add). Last we need to get out of being solely saiga-12 dependent. With all the crap going on in the saiga-12 market who could blame me?

I will add I personally would much rather produce the double stack 12ga mags first. For one because so many have tried and failed and it was very simple for me. It will be a big testament to our innovation and design abilities.

I understand some are very disappointed as am I. But as far as feeling duped, I don't recall taking orders for them or anything or promising delivery dates...

Edited by ShottyOne

Jeeeez..........

It's nobody's fucking business when Mike produces or releases one of his products. It'll happen when Mike decides it'll happen, and it doesn't matter what he posted whenever in the past........ Things change, and again, it's nobody's fucking business but Mike's !! You want 'em any quicker, make 'em yourself !! (That's what Mike did with the drum.......)

It is MDArms, after all........not anyone else...........Let it the fuck alone, dude, and be happy when you do get one !!

Grow the fuck up. Mike Davidson doesn't owe you shit. What have you ever done for the Saiga-12 community? What makes you think you're entitled to be notified of a damned thing or be able to specify priorities for Mike's business??

So much for that........................

• Like 14