A new direction for MD Arms;

The guy shouldn't be bashing Mike, but I REALLY want some double stacks as well. I understand Mike's position from a business standpoint, that doesn't make it suck less though. I still have a stack of cash put away with a note on it that says "for s12 DS only". Will continue to wait......and blast shit with my MD20s in the meantime.

• Like 1
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jeeeez..........   It's nobody's fucking business when Mike produces or releases one of his products. It'll happen when Mike decides it'll happen, and it doesn't matter what he posted whenever in t

I asked you last time to kindly mind your own business unless you could specifically explain why Mike said one thing yet did another. But apparently you couldn't control yourself. And yes, my faith

"Please refrain from getting off topic about the man's word. It's like I'm talking to Obama. If you want to defend this type character, go for it. However, at least stay with the facts. If you want to

Posted Images

Calling somebody out for using only the facts is now considered a maturity issue that requires me to "grow-up"? Which country are from that requires one to totally shut up and whimp out? You getting off subject doesn'tchange the facts that his word could not be relied on. Too many of you guys seem to think that business is a one-way street around here. And where did do you come up with this brilliance?: "..it's nobody's fucking business but Mike's." Aren't we the customers? So let me get this right, you're saying honesty and common courtesy doesn't belong in the forum? Well, it does. So there's my contribution to forum. Any additional questions sir?

By the way, very classy language. I'm sure it does well in surpressing others, but that's a crap attitude to have to forum consumers (or anybody else to be honest).

Jeeeez..........

It's nobody's fucking business when Mike produces or releases one of his products. It'll happen when Mike decides it'll happen, and it doesn't matter what he posted whenever in the past........ Things change, and again, it's nobody's fucking business but Mike's !! You want 'em any quicker, make 'em yourself !! (That's what Mike did with the drum.......)

It is MDArms, after all........not anyone else...........Let it the fuck alone, dude, and be happy when you do get one !!

Grow the fuck up. Mike Davidson doesn't owe you shit. What have you ever done for the Saiga-12 community? What makes you think you're entitled to be notified of a damned thing or be able to specify priorities for Mike's business??

So much for that........................

Edited by ShottyOne
  • Like 1

Calling somebody out for using only the facts is now considered a maturity issue that requires me to "grow-up"? Which country are from that requires one to totally shut up and whimp out? You getting off subject doesn'tchange the facts that his word could not be relied on. Too many of you guys seem to think that business is a one-way street around here. And where did do you come up with this brilliance?: "..it's nobody's fucking business but Mike's." Aren't we the customers? So let me get this right, you're saying honesty and common courtesy doesn't belong in the forum? Well, it does. So there's my contribution to forum. Any additional questions sir?

By the way, very classy language. I'm sure it does well in surpressing others, but that's a crap attitude to have to forum consumers (or anybody else to be honest).

Jeeeez..........

Get the sand out of your vag. Oh, and shut the fuck up already. Any questions, reference my avatar.

• Like 4

Additional questions?? There was only one question, and it stands unanswered :

"What makes you think you're entitled to be notified of a damned thing or be able to specify priorities for Mike's business??"

Also, if you're going to cut quotes, at least provide full context, as in: "It's nobody's fucking business when Mike produces or releases one of his products. It'll happen when Mike decides it'll happen, and it doesn't matter what he posted whenever in the past........ Things change, and again, it's nobody's fucking business but Mike's !!"

Thanks for the compliment on my language !! Learned a lot of it from my hitch in the Navy back in the mid sixties...... My dues for this lifetime are paid, and if you are offended, then fuck you. Go join a Brownie troop.

• Like 9

Please refrain from getting off topic about the man's word. It's like I'm talking to Obama. If you want to defend this type character, go for it. However, at least stay with the facts. If you want to just talk crap, stay off topic, and call names, then I'd recommend you joiningg politics as a liberal and perhaps as a union representative.

Please do not respond unless you have something factual to add to why MD Arms did an about face. Your off topic, childish name calling and statements regarding "he doesn't owe you anything...blah, blah" doesn't address the customer service issue of why he promised one thing, and then did something else. Character counts my Veteran brother.

P.S. To answer your question, what makes me entitled is that he promised his customers one thing (less than 1.5 years). Then after 2 years of not following through he brings something else to market. That's all. Like I said, I believe character counts, and its lack of contributes to our poor modern day society.

Additional questions?? There was only one question, and it stands unanswered :

"What makes you think you're entitled to be notified of a damned thing or be able to specify priorities for Mike's business??"

Also, if you're going to cut quotes, at least provide full context, as in: "It's nobody's fucking business when Mike produces or releases one of his products. It'll happen when Mike decides it'll happen, and it doesn't matter what he posted whenever in the past........ Things change, and again, it's nobody's fucking business but Mike's !!"

Thanks for the compliment on my language !! Learned a lot of it from my hitch in the Navy back in the mid sixties...... My dues for this lifetime are paid, and if you are offended, then fuck you. Go join a Brownie troop.

Edited by ShottyOne
  • Like 2

"Please refrain from getting off topic about the man's word. It's like I'm talking to Obama. If you want to defend this type character, go for it. However, at least stay with the facts. If you want to just talk crap, stay off topic, and call names, then I'd recommend you joiningg politics as a liberal and perhaps as a union representative.

Please do not respond unless you have something factual to add to why MD Arms did an about face. Your off topic, childish name calling and statements regarding "he doesn't owe you anything...blah, blah" doesn't address the customer service issue of why he promised one thing, and then did something else. Character counts my Veteran brother.

P.S. To answer your question, what makes me entitled is that he promised his customers one thing (less than 1.5 years). Then after 2 years of not following through he brings something else to market. That's all. Like I said, I believe character counts, and its lack of contributes to our poor modern day society."

Let's address this in order.........

1) Off topic?? In reality, the topic here is you referring to Mike as a liar, who hasn't met your misplaced expectations as to your own ego-inflated self-sense of importance. Again, Mike owes you nothing. Weigh his contributions to the Saiga community to your own.....psssssshht. You think that as a single customer you get to set his priorities?? Defend his character?? You bet !! I've been here since the get-go through all the previous bullshit regarding Mike, and you're just another nay-saying piss-and-moaner who doesn't know his ass from third base and who doesn't know when to shut the fuck up............

2) Name-calling?? Went back through my original post, and couldn't for the life of me find even one instance of name-calling. There has been and will be a rectification of that in this post, however........... (To start, see #1) above: nay-saying piss-and-moaner who doesn't know his ass from third base and who doesn't know when to shut the fuck up............)

3)..."doesn't owe you anything"?

What is it that you don't understand about this statement?? This stands as-is.

"doesn't address the customer service issue of why he promised one thing, and then did something

else": FYI, business requires the ability to be able to assess the best possible approach to marketing needs and feasibility, and is by it's nature in flux. Successful businesses (read MDArms) become successful by reading those factors and adjusting accordingly. Do you really not understand that, or are you just being a fucking troll??? Didn't get what you want right this instant, so you're attempting to piss all over Mike Davidson??

4) "Character counts my Veteran brother."

Yes it does. Your character is on display quite evidently. Your painting me as a political liberal or a "union representative" is projective at best, and a futile stab in the dark.

I'm well known here, and you'll not be able to sell that one to anyone but yourself.

Your behavior starkly indicates you are no brother of mine, so let's do away with that inference right now.

5) Finally, you continue to hammer that you're entitled because of a statement Mike made long ago as to date of release....... You have no clue as to the reasoning for his business decisions. It's not your decision to make in any case. Mike owes you nothing, and after all this, even less than that.

If you're at issue with Mike's business practice and what you've characterized as his lack of honesty and being forthright.......why are you even contemplating his products?? Vote with your wallet.

Like my Dad always said, "Don't pay any attention to an asshole who doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about...." Still good advice. And yes, I'm referring to you.

I'm done. Continue with your crying, pissing, and moaning. Fucking assclown.

• Like 9

I asked you last time to kindly mind your own business unless you could specifically explain why Mike said one thing yet did another. But apparently you couldn't control yourself. And yes, my faith in his promise to make the Double-Stack in less than 1.5 years was obviously "misplaced" as you say, and that's sad. We "have no idea of his reasoning" for one simple reason, and that's a lack of follow-up correspondence once he broke his own self-imposed deadline. Your comment about being so "well known" is a waste of time, but I'm truly happy for you. Anyway, it's way off the topic and doesn't help anything but perhaps you and your need to say it. Respectfully, stop with the garbage and please only chime in should you have something to add regarding why Mike promised one thing and did another. That's the only thing I want to know and its the only topic. So take a deep breath and see if you can control yourself this time sailor.

"Please refrain from getting off topic about the man's word. It's like I'm talking to Obama. If you want to defend this type character, go for it. However, at least stay with the facts. If you want to just talk crap, stay off topic, and call names, then I'd recommend you joiningg politics as a liberal and perhaps as a union representative.

P.S. To answer your question, what makes me entitled is that he promised his customers one thing (less than 1.5 years). Then after 2 years of not following through he brings something else to market. That's all. Like I said, I believe character counts, and its lack of contributes to our poor modern day society."

Let's address this in order.........

1) Off topic?? In reality, the topic here is you referring to Mike as a liar, who hasn't met your misplaced expectations as to your own ego-inflated self-sense of importance. Again, Mike owes you nothing. Weigh his contributions to the Saiga community to your own.....psssssshht. You think that as a single customer you get to set his priorities?? Defend his character?? You bet !! I've been here since the get-go through all the previous bullshit regarding Mike, and you're just another nay-saying piss-and-moaner who doesn't know his ass from third base and who doesn't know when to shut the fuck up............

2) Name-calling?? Went back through my original post, and couldn't for the life of me find even one instance of name-calling. There has been and will be a rectification of that in this post, however........... (To start, see #1) above: nay-saying piss-and-moaner who doesn't know his ass from third base and who doesn't know when to shut the fuck up............)

3)..."doesn't owe you anything"?

What is it that you don't understand about this statement?? This stands as-is.

"doesn't address the customer service issue of why he promised one thing, and then did something

else": FYI, business requires the ability to be able to assess the best possible approach to marketing needs and feasibility, and is by it's nature in flux. Successful businesses (read MDArms) become successful by reading those factors and adjusting accordingly. Do you really not understand that, or are you just being a fucking troll??? Didn't get what you want right this instant, so you're attempting to piss all over Mike Davidson??

4) "Character counts my Veteran brother."

Yes it does. Your character is on display quite evidently. Your painting me as a political liberal or a "union representative" is projective at best, and a futile stab in the dark.

I'm well known here, and you'll not be able to sell that one to anyone but yourself.

Your behavior starkly indicates you are no brother of mine, so let's do away with that inference right now.

5) Finally, you continue to hammer that you're entitled because of a statement Mike made long ago as to date of release....... You have no clue as to the reasoning for his business decisions. It's not your decision to make in any case. Mike owes you nothing, and after all this, even less than that.

If you're at issue with Mike's business practice and what you've characterized as his lack of honesty and being forthright.......why are you even contemplating his products?? Vote with your wallet.

Like my Dad always said, "Don't pay any attention to an asshole who doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about...." Still good advice. And yes, I'm referring to you.

I'm done. Continue with your crying, pissing, and moaning. Fucking assclown.

Edited by ShottyOne
  • Like 2

Awesome discussion guys. I just want to chime in and say I think it's just a sound business decision to focus on a product that will bring far more return than another.

• Like 2

i think the only mistake mike made was ever talking about the double stack in the first place. since he released info on it, it has been nothing but whining.

when? when? when? when its ready. thats when. sorry guys. i do have to agree with shotty as far as the change of agenda to an extent. im sure alot of people feel like a mule chasing a carrot. but ultimately its his company. if hes not ready to release it so be it. nagging him about certainly isnt helping.

look at it from a buissness standpoint. 1 they are expanding, so? they need to release some solid products to increase revenue to pay for that increase in size and equipment. then after things get stable (equipment paid off etc) they can focus on new products.

personaly if mike never releases the double stack, i dont think id really care that much. i already have 3 20 rnd drums that fit all the needs i have.

youre needs may vary. the whole concept just seems like a novelty to me at this point.

and just remember, it could be worse, we could have no drums (except for aliance) since if mike hadnt adapted the usas 12 design for the saiga, then promag wouldnt have come along and stolen his design. we could all be stuck crankin on 10 rnd sticks.

am i the only one who remembers when the very idea of a drum for your s12 was like the meca of mags?

• Like 2

Well, I agree with most of your post there, except I think that the drum is a novelty whereas the DS mag sticks will be extremely useful. To me the drum is just to big and bulky to be anything other than a range toy. Nobody is doing tactics with that massive drum attached. The DS mag on the other hand, in the 12 round configuration, will be extremely maneuverable and won't affect hand placement or comfort of the gun. JMO!

I would be unbelievably happy if MD arms could produce just standard capacity heavy-duty magazines. Clone of the russian 8 round saiga12 mag would be excellent, considering there's absolutely no decent magazines in the 6-8 round capacity range. (Drop your gun on concrete with a fully loaded AGP10 or SGM10, and you'll know what I mean.)

Especially for a gun that doesn't have any military/surplus magazines for it... The saiga-308.

All current options for the 308 are a huge compromise to what a modern polymer-steel reinforced magazine is. Capacity doesn't really do much for me though some people tend to not care if something requires you to carry around a tripod to manage to shoot it.(15 rounds would be about a perfect trade off for weight and capacity in the 308.) The 5.45 and 7.62 can both be converted to take existing military magazines pretty easily, so they're not really in such desperate of need. I understand the reasoning for them though, to generate income to continue expanding and fund other projects.

Would the 5.45 double stack be easily converted to work with a bullet-guide gun or an SGL31? If so that's looking like a pretty good reason to have one around. All I'd really ever trust now is MDarms mags, just would prefer 20-30 round mags over quad stacks.

The drum for the saiga12 ends up being fairly useful because 20 rounds of 12 gauge isn't all that bad weight wise for a shotgun... For a compact rifle, massive capacity and added weight end up being a pretty big negative to me.

Edited by Tombs

Would the 5.45 double stack be easily converted to work with a bullet-guide gun or an SGL31?

That's what his quad stack is designed for. He wants access to the whole AK-74 market, not just those few Saiga 5.45 users who run without a bullet guide.

Edited by Jim Digriz

I would be unbelievably happy if MD arms could produce just standard capacity heavy-duty magazines. Clone of the russian 8 round saiga12 mag would be excellent, considering there's absolutely no decent magazines in the 6-8 round capacity range. (Drop your gun on concrete with a fully loaded AGP10 or SGM10, and you'll know what I mean.)

Especially for a gun that doesn't have any military/surplus magazines for it... The saiga-308.

+100 it is a great idea. Since you said that the Quads are going to to have steel reinforcements in them is it possible to do the S-12 mag the same way??Or a MDarms 308 mag in time??

Mike is it possible after the quads and DS mags you could make a steel reinforced single stack Izzy 8 copy either rock'n lock or magwell????????? With all the new imports suppost to all have the LRBHO on them and some guys saying they are having problems with AGP's and surefire's in the LRBHO guns there could be a market.

To all the haters out there...

If you don't have patience in this hobby, then you need to find another one.

A few reasons:

Supply of Saigas has been off and on since I joined this forum. I have also seen them all over the price spectrum as demand increases sharply immediately after the supply runs out due to fear.

New products shown at Shot Show or announced on the Internet sometimes take another 1-3 years to be released if they ever make it (see Magpul Masada, HK416's - civilian model finally came out last month, Glock Carbine).

New products that work on weapons take a lot of testing and development to make sure they are reliable.

Patents aren't issued overnight. To get the process done so nobody can copy you before you are fully protected takes a lot of time and money.

Ammo supply fluctuates greatly and you may have to wait 1-12 months before getting certain rounds (Tokarev ammo had no hollowpoints for a good 6 months, now surplus has dried up).

People doubted the Saiga 12 Drum would ever happen and Mike released the only one that actually works (taking several years to get it right and taking more cumulative shit on this forum than anyone else that is still here). Then it took ProMag over a year and a half to copy his design but with shittier construction. If it takes that long to copy someone else, then you can imagine how hard it is to come up with something from scratch that works as well as his drum.

Firearms and their respective parts and accessory companies are not non-profit charities dedicated to your sole happiness and making your life a rosy perfumed paradise where it rains Skittles and fucking hundred dollar bills.

If you want to be an early adopter, it will cost more. The companies have to create items that will sell and make them money to develop niche items that may fill a void by might not be super profitable in the short term.

If this post offends you, then go fuck yourself with your SHRIKE. :haha:

• Like 7

I've never understood the degree of premature hand-wringing that I've seen in eager anticipation of the doublestacks anyway. Either something is on the market ready for purchase or it isn't. Until then, I'm not sure why anyone would stress themselves out thinking about it. Until then it is always just "talk", even through the prototype stage as far as I'm concerned, until the product is out there and has proven itself. Everything said up until then as far as timelines or other details has to be taken with a grain of salt. In the meantime, there are plenty of other good options.

I've never understood the degree of premature hand-wringing that I've seen in eager anticipation of the doublestacks anyway. Either something is on the market ready for purchase or it isn't. Until then, I'm not sure why anyone would stress themselves out thinking about it. Until then it is always just "talk", even through the prototype stage as far as I'm concerned, until the product is out there and has proven itself. Everything said up until then as far as timelines or other details has to be taken with a grain of salt. In the meantime, there are plenty of other good options.

You almost summed it up perfectly in 1 word though. Premature should be immature...That's all there is too it. Kids think they have to have what they want now. When they don't get it whining and throwing a tantrum on the floor commences.

Edited by Guero
  • Like 2

Mike, can we expect the quad stacks to be every bit as reliable as Circle 10 30 and 45 round mags?

I'm surprised to see the low price you are planning to offer these. It makes me think you could snag a huge portion of market share of new 5.45 mags if you produced standard 30 round versions, especially if you produced them in plum and bakelite (K-Var only provides new mags in black and OD).

So..... from now on we all should not listen to what Mike D. has to say of how long or when his products will be ready, by the time hes ready to sell, the government will outlaw his products, hope hes stuck with a warehouse full of 12 gauge doubles....you all know im right...again..come on give me your best shot, im not kissing anyones ass, im telling the truth here! He probably voted obama anyway.

Yes, by all means, keep listening to everything that everyone says and take it as the gospel truth with an ironclad guarantee that it will happen when they say it will happen. That's been working so well for you so far, why stop now? And if you get tired of sitting around feeling sorry for yourself because you didn't get what you wanted, when you wanted it, why don't you drive over to Joplin and look at the people that have lost everything and really have something to cry about. Maybe that will give you some much needed perspective.

Edited by DogMan
When someone says they are going to do something, then they should do it. Mike claims that he has the only "working" doublestack. He also said that he'd surely not delay it and would have it out last year. So please...enough with slamming the people who are questioning Mike's integrity. Mike could have easily squashed this by being upfront and communicating the truth as he knew it all along. If Mike ran into a production issue then he should have said so since he had already given his word. This is the least he could have done. Instead however, he waits until the third calendar year after his promise to promote something else altogether. So I understand people's frustration with Mike. After all, he says it really works, so what's the problem? People are so disgusted with so much political double-talk which causes them to not know what to believe anymore. So when Mike seemingly does the same thing, it really PO's those that want to hold on to respect for men today. When things don't add up, then something is likely wrong with Mike's story. He says he has truly developed a doublestack magazine, it's his "top priority," and then he ultimately sends something else to be manufactured. Does this inconsistency not raise any flags to you? Be a man of integrity and always do the right thing and by one's word and crap like this doesn't get started.

So..... from now on we all should not listen to what Mike D. has to say of how long or when his products will be ready, by the time hes ready to sell, the government will outlaw his products, hope hes stuck with a warehouse full of 12 gauge doubles....you all know im right...again..come on give me your best shot, im not kissing anyones ass, im telling the truth here! He probably voted obama anyway.

Yes, by all means, keep listening to everything that everyone says and take it as the gospel truth with an ironclad guarantee that it will happen when they say it will happen. That's been working so well for you so far, why stop now? And if you get tired of sitting around feeling sorry for yourself because you didn't get what you wanted, when you wanted it, why don't you drive over to Joplin and look at the people that have lost everything and really have something to cry about. Maybe that will give you some much needed perspective.