A new direction for MD Arms;

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted to let everyone know the status and standing of MD Arms. We are making some significant changes. The below will cover most of these changes in the area of new up coming products, the handli

At this point I would be happy with an MD Arms single stack S12 mag that is made as well as the factory mags at a better price.

Will the doublestack 12 mags still be released in 2011 as previously stated? Quadstack AK mags sound cool, but I'm not chomping at the bit for them. Just saying....

Posted Images

Nice pics Evlblk

Thank you. It was the first time that I saw them all together like that. I have been playing with the cheesy editor and Paint that came with my laptop. It makes a plain old pic a little more fun.... and evl'r

evlblkwpnz,

You've officially gone off the deep end lol :super:

You should see my AR, AK, and Glock mag collections :eek:

You glaringly missing 8 rounders though???

I bought one and just didn't quite 'get it'. They are beautiful mags, but not a good value.

8 round mag vs. 4- 5 round mags for the same price = no brainer for me

For tactics I think they're a great value.

Well, unless you want to put an American mag and have it fall out while the perp takes you out :rolleyes:

What kind of American mags?

Any of the stick mags that are known to fall out, misfeed, or break while shooting magnum rounds.

I don't consider the MD arms drum to be anything more than a range toy. I do enjoy mine though.

My SGM is the only mag that has ever broke on me. After HUNDREDS of magnum rounds...

If you are shooting HUNDREDS of bad guys in your home, you need to live in a better neighborhood.

Aside from one SGM breaking once (I don't buy SGM anymore) I've never had a malfunction with my S-12 once I got it running correctly. The only time that it went click when I wanted it to go bang was on an empty mag.

Russian 8's aren't worth what you have to pay to get them. Period.

• Like 1

More or less there saying fuck the S 12 mags,quad ak mags REALLY who gives a shit,120 rds hanging under a ak,a 75rd drum is heavy much less 120 rd mag

Where are you getting 120 from?

I'm guessing he's thinking they are 30x4, but thats not the case if I remember correctly they're more along the lines of 60 or something like that - which I feel my VEPR would like.

I actually never bought an MD20 because I think a 12 round stack to be the best option - what with my POU being an anti-zombie gun I need to run around with. no 12 pound saiga for me!

Edited by AtlSaiga

Mike,

I hope that it is obvious that I am an advocate and hard user of your fine products, so please do not take the following inquiry/suggestion in the wrong way....

During this pre-order and production run, will there be timely (and maybe even weekly?) communication about delays, beginning of shipment, "everything is going great and we are on schedule until further notice....", maybe an occasional posting of where you are as far as order number once shipping of perfected product starts (like the last drum run), etc.?

It doesn't have to be a novel, but some short and to-the-point comms could really cut down on the BS that starts here and the uncertainty for people that have not been involved in your pre-orders in the past. There has been no shortage of drama and speculation in the past and it could easily be avoided.

Frankly, I am pissed about the delay of the doubles, but running two businesses, I can identify with your change in priority and decision to press forward on the quads. I have more AK mags than I could possibly ever really need, but I may still try one of your quads.... just one :angel:

• Like 1

Congrats on the new facility and on being able to concentrate on design/production.

Copes is a well known/regarded retailer, I hope they treat your customers as well as you did.

:bad_egg: S12 double stack to the end of the line... S12 just got bitch slapped back.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... Common sense dictates that the 47/74 is a much larger market.

We will treat his customers just like the rest of them. With fast shipping and great prices. Yes we are new here and if a mod could email me, we would like to purchase a vendor forum or membership. Also, All of his product line will be in stock as of tomorrow. Same pricing as always.....Glad to be a part of this

Sincerely,

Roger

www.copesdistributing.net

Glad to see Copes here! I've bought ton of stuff from you guys and its always high quality and excellent service. I'm sure it will be more of the same with MD Arms stuff! :super:

I'm bummed about not being able to order direct from Mike but I love Cope's and they are a great company to deal with!

Can't wait for the S-12 double-stacks! I will probably get four of each.....cuz I got four of the drums!

346005616_photobucket_13618_.jpg

Why stop now, right?

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING MIKE! I know I speak for everyone when I say congrats and God bless!

FTS

Why stop now?

It's time for some pure evl....

post-22401-0-16588600-1304995849_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-16683300-1304995883_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-61307500-1304996158_thumb.jpg

Holy crap, talk about achieving preparedness! And one-uping all in one beautiful post!

Side now where can I get the cheapest ak74 from? Time to buy one in anticipation of the quads....

Side side note, the surefire flashlight co quad ar mags ate supposed to be or in june...

• 3 weeks later...

When the mags are available to pre-order we will be notified.^^^^^

I would say yes.

I know that we will be notified, because I read Mike's OP. I was was explaining that to the people in this thread who were asking where to pre-order. :smoke:

Carry on