V-plug vs. Autoplug

I just bought aN Autoplug. For me ultimately the comparison goes like this

V-Plug: Which type of shells an I using hmmm... ok now let me flip the gun and change the settings to the optimum choice... ok let me find the tool to rotate the seting.

Autoplug: BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG

Pretty self explanatory to me

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't had to adjust it since it was dialed in . It sure beats having to adjust a plug before using different loads.Plus its fun sticking a few high brass between the low brass when someone else is

Run a V-Plug here. So you have to spend 10 seconds to adjust it. BFD. It's piece of mind knowing I can truly adjust and KNOW how much gas is being used. I don't have to worry about something shoot

Sure you can. Just open it up to setting 3,4, or 5. Like I said, until I see actual proof of it changing the amound of gas that goes into your system, that's all you guys are doing is dumping a ton

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Run a V-Plug here. So you have to spend 10 seconds to adjust it. BFD. It's piece of mind knowing I can truly adjust and KNOW how much gas is being used. I don't have to worry about something shooting everything because it just let's a shit ton of gas in the system while claiming to be "auto". And since I haven't seen an scientific evidence to prove otherwise, that's all you guys who run the auto plug are doing.

You can't run a mixed mag of ammo with the V-plug, like you can with the auto plug.

Why would you use a mixed mag of ammo in any kind of non-range situation?

Run a V-Plug here. So you have to spend 10 seconds to adjust it. BFD. It's piece of mind knowing I can truly adjust and KNOW how much gas is being used. I don't have to worry about something shooting everything because it just let's a shit ton of gas in the system while claiming to be "auto". And since I haven't seen an scientific evidence to prove otherwise, that's all you guys who run the auto plug are doing.

You can't run a mixed mag of ammo with the V-plug, like you can with the auto plug.

How many of us have used their S12's at any place other then a range type situation?

Range or non range, to be able to grab whatever mag is loaded with and know it will work.

Never have to worry if you left the setting wrong for another type brass.

Plus its fun as hell to throw a couple of high/ low brass in a mag when shooting with friends.

Edited by Jetmech
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have both - so far tried autoplug - after tuning, no FTE with everything I fed through the shotty - birdshot, slugs and buck - nice that no need to adjust, I tuned it used estate target loads - 1 1/8 7.5 shot.

next time, I will try the MD plug since I will be shooting only low brass

I have both - so far tried autoplug - after tuning, no FTE with everything I fed through the shotty - birdshot, slugs and buck - nice that no need to adjust, I tuned it used estate target loads - 1 1/8 7.5 shot.

next time, I will try the MD plug since I will be shooting only low brass

The MD plug works well..........except it has to be adjusted between different loads I would rather be able to dial in a plug and forget about it.

• 2 weeks later...

After watching this poll and thread, I was looking for an improved plug even though I had one of the generic aftermarket three position plugs already. I converted my gun myself and after a lot of advice from this forum I had it working perfectly with the Wally World cheap low brass stuff - drilling out the three gas holes to .093 made it run reliably.

Gunfixr was kind enough to work his magic (he is a true artist) and install his LRBHO mod. After that, the gun did not like the Wally World cheap stuff anymore. So I installed the AutoPlug and tuned it as per the video. Now it works perfectly with the cheap stuff too! Wonderful stuff! GunFixr LRBHO is 100% reliable and she dumps drums and mag as fast as I can pull the trigger. Cheap blasting at it finest!

I am sold on the AutoPlug. I did note that the adjustment screw does seem to back itself out slightly, so I am going to try one of the methods mentioned in this thread to prevent that.

Just got to tip my hat to GunFixr againwhat.gif

How many of us have used their S12's at any place other then a range type situation?

idlikethechequepls.gif

leaving.gif

Edited by Caged
  • 3 weeks later...

idlikethechequepls.gif

leaving.gif

and your point is??????????

I run an autoplug in my 3gun saiga and I have a first run mdarms plug in my second. I like the auto plug, but your s12 needs to function already with low brass if your going to be running the cheap stuff. I do have to loctite the adjustment as it backs out about an 1/8 of a turn after a range session.

Of course, that's not the only upgrade I'm running. The CSS puck has to be custom ground for length as the autoplug occupies more of the gas chamber resulting in the carrier being pushed back about 1/8" from complete closure.

Pops got an autoplug for his, and it is nice...I do like it, but I don't like having to worry about readjusting it after X amount of shooting. I really want to make the switch from the V plug, but not at the cost of worrying about re-adjusting it.

Edited by Boomstick12