V-plug vs. Autoplug

The autoplug is working for me so far.

I didn't want to betray Mike by not running a V-plug so to make up for running the Autoplug, I own both of Mike's pucks (currently running the booster puck), and I bought Mike's Molot pistol grip, as soon as I get the appropriate grip screw, it will be installed...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't had to adjust it since it was dialed in . It sure beats having to adjust a plug before using different loads.Plus its fun sticking a few high brass between the low brass when someone else is

Run a V-Plug here. So you have to spend 10 seconds to adjust it. BFD. It's piece of mind knowing I can truly adjust and KNOW how much gas is being used. I don't have to worry about something shoot

Sure you can. Just open it up to setting 3,4, or 5. Like I said, until I see actual proof of it changing the amound of gas that goes into your system, that's all you guys are doing is dumping a ton

The autoplug is working for me so far.

I didn't want to betray Mike by not running a V-plug so to make up for running the Autoplug, I own both of Mike's pucks (currently running the booster puck), and I bought Mike's Molot pistol grip, as soon as I get the appropriate grip screw, it will be installed...

Are you running the booster with the auto? I was thinking of trying that setup

Yep, so far it's eaten Remington bulk 7 1/2 and Federal Bulk 7 1/2, with no problems. This gun has yet to be fired with buckshot, and it only has 150 rounds through it, the first ten, I was adjusting the plug, after that it's been straight drum dumps...

Other than the booster puck and autoplug, I haven't touched the gas block yet. Three unobstructed ports, but I made sure of that before I bought it.

Yep, so far it's eaten Remington bulk 7 1/2 and Federal Bulk 7 1/2, with no problems. This gun has yet to be fired with buckshot, and it only has 150 rounds through it, the first ten, I was adjusting the plug, after that it's been straight drum dumps...

Other than the booster puck and autoplug, I haven't touched the gas block yet. Three unobstructed ports, but I made sure of that before I bought it.

Very nice. I've got 3 ports also. I've polished and profiled some and I'm at about 90% with light loads. Thinking your setup is my next step. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a fairly new (have put maybe 60 rounds through it) 3 unobstructed port gun. I was having cycling problems. It might just not be broken in yet, but I put in a CSS performance puck, lighter recoil spring and an AutoPlug. I have the plug cranked in 1 1/2 turns from as received. It seems to be cycling well now. My gun was made 6/2011.

I am looking forward to putting more rounds through it soon.

I have a fairly new (have put maybe 60 rounds through it) 3 unobstructed port gun. I was having cycling problems. It might just not be broken in yet, but I put in a CSS performance puck, lighter recoil spring and an AutoPlug. I have the plug cranked in 1 1/2 turns from as received. It seems to be cycling well now. My gun was made 6/2011.

I am looking forward to putting more rounds through it soon.

It probably senses that you own a Ford... J/k, a little polishing to the bolt and receiver rails with a bit of grease on them should have you running great in no time with the original springs installed.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...