Legion USA Saiga 12s?

So, I finally got my Saiga today, and found:

1) The importer was Legion USA Inc., out of Hallandale, FL (not M-H!).

2) There is what appears to be a partially blocked gas port.(2.5 ports, basically).

3) There is not a shred of information in the box as to the warranty.

Does anyone have the slightest clue who's the warranty contact for these guns? gunlegionusa.com would seem appropriate, except that the site appears to be entirely 404 these days.

Where did you buy yours from?

Local gun store. I've punched off an email to them, too. Gotta figure their distributor might have a clue as to where the gun was from.

I know that there were mutterings that Izhmash was going to go directly into the importation game, and it appears I may have gotten one of the first...

Edited by erwos

Doubt it, I have an arsenal imported legion.

Unless I'm somehow misunderstanding you, no, this isn't the same situation. Arsenal guns are marked with Arsenal as the importer (I think?). This is imported by Legion USA Inc. I want to say it mentioned "Legion" elsewhere on it, but I can't commit to that without looking at the gun again.

What year is the gun you have there? Pics?

I'll try to post up pictures tonight, but it has the "velcro" on it from where they obliterated the RAAC markings. So it's probably not too old.

Edited by erwos

Alright, my FLGS (friendly local gun shop) owner went and did the legwork for me with his distributor. Here's the info on them:

Legion USA Inc

221 NW 3rd ave #2191

Hallandale Beach, FL 33009

888-317-6494

He even called them for me. What I was told: nice guys, one year warranty. No warranty center in the US, so small repairs will be reimbursed (with prior authorization, I assume), major ones will be via replacement of the firearm. Not sure what this means vis a vis gas ports; one might hope this falls in the realm of "minor", but until I've seen if my gun has issues, I can't really call them and whine about it. :)

Oh, and to give credit where credit is due: Pirate @ The Gun Shop in Essex, MD did the legwork on this one. He also sold me a Saiga 12 for $650 in these days of $800+ pricing. :)

Edited by erwos

The acceptance date on the certificate is March 22 2011. The gun model is just a plain old 109. Nothing particularly special about it otherwise.

Funny that it would have the hashed-out RAAC marking at such a late stage of production, though.

Edited by erwos

Actually, it gets more interesting: the serial number starts with H09. That explains the RAAC removal velcro, I suppose. Doesn't explain why it sat for a year plus in a warehouse before getting shipped, though. *shrugs*

<br />So, I finally got my Saiga today, and found:<br />1) The importer was Legion USA Inc., out of Hallandale, FL (not M-H!).<br />2) There is what appears to be a partially blocked gas port.(2.5 ports, basically).<br />3) There is not a shred of information in the box as to the warranty.<br /><br />Does anyone have the slightest clue who's the warranty contact for these guns? gunlegionusa.com would seem appropriate, except that the site appears to be entirely 404 these days.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

It appears you and I are in the same exact boat... I have a new Saiga 12 with the same markings, from the same importer with the same problems. Have you gotten any information about fixing the ports and their refund policy?

<br />So, I finally got my Saiga today, and found:<br />1) The importer was Legion USA Inc., out of Hallandale, FL (not M-H!).<br />2) There is what appears to be a partially blocked gas port.(2.5 ports, basically).<br />3) There is not a shred of information in the box as to the warranty.<br /><br />Does anyone have the slightest clue who's the warranty contact for these guns? gunlegionusa.com would seem appropriate, except that the site appears to be entirely 404 these days.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

It appears you and I are in the same exact boat... I have a new Saiga 12 with the same markings, from the same importer with the same problems. Have you gotten any information about fixing the ports and their refund policy?

Nope. Give 'em a call and let us all know what you find out. In particular, get them to clarify their gas port and conversion policies. It'd be nice if we could send our guns to CGW for work and get reimbursed.

<br /><br /><br />

I just received my shotguns today, ordered through Tac 47. The guns are marked TGI Knox Tn and the serial number starts H09. I tracked this down by google search to be Tennessee Guns International. Anyone know anything about this importer or batch of guns?

Hmm found that they were in trouble with the Feds in '09 http://www.volunteer...s/78365767.html

Hmm, another controversial article: http://m.knoxnews.com/news/2011/mar/02/firearms-importer-sued-for-millions/

Edited by 5-0

Sounds just like my new S12 109 that I picked up last week.

Props to local gun store Cascade arms (Lacey Wa) for getting it to me for $679

Serial: H09, Velcro'd out RAAC stamp and legion stamp on alternate side.

3 ports, rear two half blocked, cycled mostly fine. I did the D filing mod to the gas block, got a V plug and a Carolina Shooter Supply Piston, about 500 rds down the tube and now shoots anything and everything.

Thats too bad. luckily here we have tons of state forest within a 20 minute drive : ) I doubt you will have any issues with buck or slugs as long as you have 2 or more ports. Just make sure you start on gas setting 1 and if it FTE's go to 2. Good Luck!

• 1 month later...

Thats too bad. luckily here we have tons of state forest within a 20 minute drive : ) I doubt you will have any issues with buck or slugs as long as you have 2 or more ports. Just make sure you start on gas setting 1 and if it FTE's go to 2. Good Luck!

i just got an s-12 that is marked 3/11 on the papers on the box, but has h09 serial. it too had 3 ports and the front 2 were paritally blocked. i just did the d mod and i will shoot it for the first time next saturday

I do notice that if i hand clcle it and slowly close the bolt to battery, it stops about 1/4" os so from the closed position, then POP! it snaps closed. is that normal?

this is done by opening the bolt, and slowly leting back till it stops. when the bolt engages the breech, it pops closed

Edited by intercooler

i just got an s-12 that is marked 3/11 on the papers on the box, but has h09 serial. it too had 3 ports and the front 2 were paritally blocked. i just did the d mod and i will shoot it for the first time next saturday

I do notice that if i hand clcle it and slowly close the bolt to battery, it stops about 1/4" os so from the closed position, then POP! it snaps closed. is that normal?

this is done by opening the bolt, and slowly leting back till it stops. when the bolt engages the breech, it pops closed

Sounds exactly like mine

H09 serial but 3/11 on the papers

2 ports mostly blocked. I didn't do the d mod and just went and tested it this past Monday. Even with the blocked ports it cycled everything I tried with no problems on setting 1. Lightest I tried was Winchester 7 1/2 game loads.

Sounds like the hammer needs work. When you look at the hammer, are there noticeable angles on the face where the bolt rides? If so, the hammer needs to be reprofiled. Check the stickies for the way to do it right...

I just got my S12 on 7/07 with the following info:

Date: 4/16/2011

Serial#: H09

US Sporting Goods INC Rockledge FL

Mine was $649 from H&H in OKC (last of 12 they received on 6/23).

Haven't had the chance to open it up to check the ports yet. Just ordered a bunch of stuff from Carolina, will check it out then. Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by osy79